Jones Lang LaSalle

Jones Lang LaSalle Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Jones Lang LaSalle President, CEO, and Director Colin Dyer

Colin Dyer

Pros
  • Company tends to be cognizant of employees' needs for work/life balance (in 24 reviews)

• Great work environment in which a strong work ethic was highly valued (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • At times it is difficult to get that work/life balance (in 22 reviews)

• No employee engagement at all; bullying at Senior Management level unless you are part of the team (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Unprofessional

Move Coordinator (Former Employee) Durham, NC

ProsIf you happen to be one of the "favorites" they will just give you everyone else's job without extra pay

ConsVery "clique" like atmosphere. Nobody really knows what anyone does and they are always trying to save a penny which means they will find a way to cheat you out of your overtime pay and bully you into working more overtime. It's the craziest corporation I've ever worked for. Totally unprofessional, very gossipy and back stabing. We had 100% turnover in a year.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about your people and take care of them. They are the ones client facing and can save or loose a client. If you can't keep quality talent or hard workers you will never survive.

Realistic

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsGlobal opportunities for the travel type. Company offers a prestigious, respected name. Strong employee benefits that evolve to meet specific employee needs.

ConsIf your not in the right click, you won't get recognized for opportunities. Hard work isn't rewarded proportionally. Support staff isn't respected

Advice to Senior ManagementPay closer attention to who gets the work done rather than who takes credit for handing it over.

Good firm not enough experienced field knowledge

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsDecent benefits, respected reputation, world wide opprtunities, high profile projects

ConsNo raises in either salery, bonus & in a lot of ways the right hand doesn't know what the right thumb is doing. Overloaded with bright, with zero field experience hi-tech youngsters

Advice to Senior ManagementSpread around the marbles & reward loyal/hardworking/reliable/driven folks even every two years at least with a bump in salery, I've seen so many folks leaving over that one reason alone. People need to be acknowledged especially whilst the profits are growing year after year! At least to try & keep up with inflation everywhere! For example half of the 18 folks of our team on a historic project 3 years ago, have left the company for that exact same reason AND, in every instance but one, they approached their supervisors with an opportunity for JLL to match the offer to keep them around, not once did they even have a conversation about it, all folks referenced ended up leaving anyway

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One of the best companies to work for

Senior Facilities Manager (Former Employee) Edison, NJ

ProsGreat benefits and opportunity to advance, I was stupid and left for another opportunity and regret it everyday.

ConsSometimes it can be clicks instead of who works the hardest to help the company

Advice to Senior ManagementWatch for those who are looking to advance and need to be challenged. Always watch for the diamond in the rough

Outstanding group of professional, intelligent and ethical people to work with.

Account Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsOne of the most ethical companies to work for, access to technology is great, opportunities are endless

Conslow compensation, long hours, relocation a must for growth

Advice to Senior Managementgetting to large and bureaucratic - formulaic response to everything is tiresome and unmotivating

Great company if you don't mind it being leasing-centeric

Research Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsGreat coworkers; everyone is welcoming, friendly, and professional. Lots of opportunity for internal growth.

ConsIt's a brokerage, so obviously emphasis is on the leasing team. The leasing team ("Markets") is sort of like the cool kids and don't often mingle beyond their department. They're not unfriendly, but they form their own clique.

Advice to Senior ManagementWouldn't hurt to give credit when due to the "support" teams

Many opportunities to move about the world.

Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsThe local staff was supportive and very team oriented.

ConsCorporate leadership tends to backdown from difficult client's rude demeanor then stand up for their employees atempts at professionalism.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is a myth to believe the client is always right.

Great Company

ProsNetworking Opportunities and opportunities for growth if you work hard

ConsIf you dont make it to the headquarters you will not move around.

Great place to work if you come prepared

Strategic Sourcing Manager (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsBenefits of a large organization. Many clients in various industries means there is always opportunity to change and grow, assuming you can navigate the politics.

ConsNot really a place where you can 'fake it till you make it'. Lack of industry knowledge or coming in short handed in terms of skills for a particular job role is a severe hindrance. Lack of both and you won't survive the myriad environmental factors that always show up.Culture is determined by the client as much if not more than JLL. Not adviseable for employees with young families if you want to spend much time with them for a few years (and it helps if your partner is a stay-at-home partner.)

Advice to Senior ManagementProcuring a new client with less than 70% incumbents and limited visibility to client's project costs in the managed area? Expect turnover in the client leadership team within the first year unless you install a seasoned team that already knows JLL including systems and resources. Learning JLL, the client, and negotiating the new environment is extremely challenging.

manager of retail marketing

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosinternational organization with a lot of employees

Consterrible culture and work life balance

Advice to Senior Managementget a clue

Worked for Jones Lang LaSalle? Contribute to the Community!