Jones Networking

Updated Dec 3, 2013

Be The First To
Add Photos

Lisa Witmer

Good place to go for temporary work

I have been working at Jones Networking part-time

ProsGreat opportunity to gain experience when trying to jump start your career.

ConsI would love to have more full-time opportunities.

Too much micro-managing and no flexibilty

Recruiter (Current Employee)
Arlington, VA

I have been working at Jones Networking full-time

ProsIt was a good first job to put some experience on your resume.

ConsThere is no work life balance or career growth. The compensation and benefits were below the market average as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow your employees more flexibility.

I couldn't be happier working at Jones

Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee)
Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Jones Networking full-time for more than a year

Pros-Great office atmosphere---everyone gets along
-We are a team---we work together and help one another succeed
-Management and supervisors want you to do well
-Great entry-level job--I've learned A LOT!

Cons-No flexibility for hours. You will work everyday 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday

Advice to Senior Management-Maybe bringing more recruiters on-board would help maximize business

Very Satisfied Overall

Recruiter (Current Employee)
Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Jones Networking full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat co-workers, good base salary and commission on temp and direct hire placements. Fun office environment, very team oriented. The management is fair and professional. Very busy, so the days and weeks fly by fast. Free parking in Old Town.

ConsStrict work schedule, no flexibility to deviate from the 8:00 to 5:00 work hours or telecommute. Quotas can be tough to fill at certain times of the year.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd another admin assistant to the office to assist the recruiters with the mundane tasks.

Succes and hard work is generously rewarded by management and owners.

Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Jones Networking

ProsEmployees are treated with respect and management is always available but they do not micro-manage . The president of the company gives all employees a gift card on their birthday and anniversary. The benefits are very good and they pay for parking. The training is very hands on. Everyone gets along very well. If the account managers meet their annual quota, they are sent on an all expenses paid Caribbean vacation for two people. A pet friendly environment helps the employees bond with one another!

ConsThe vacation time only increases after 5 years of employment. Only mangement have their own office.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdditional feedback on employee performance and company profits and growth would be appreciated.

No Cap on Salaries!

I have been working at Jones Networking full-time

ProsAnnual salaries increase significantly each year; the harder you work, the more money you make. Lots of incentives and bonus opportunities, including a free vacation! Great metropolitan location and free parking available. Fun environment - break room with snacks, music, and office happy hours.

ConsThe Virginia office does not have their own IT recruiting department; the Maryland HQ handles all IT recruiting for both offices.

Advice to Senior ManagementExit interviews would be helpful to increase the success and growth of the company overall.

Horribly unfair, unappreciative, disrespectful and unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Jones Networking

ProsLittle to no experience required to get hired.

ConsFamily- run company that takes full advantage of nepotism. Family members are able to come and go as they please with no consequences, while other non-related employees are micro-managed around the clock. Non-family members must adhere to all rules/ "policies", however they don't seem to apply to family employees. Don't bother complaining- you will be wrong. Family comes first- and their "HR" is family anyway.

Salaries are obnoxiously low- and their method of giving raises is all over the place. So you won't know when it's coming- or if it even is.

Employee turn-over is ridiculously high. I mean seriously, it is like a revolving door. That shouldn't be surprising when they make a blatant point to tell you "Everyone is replaceable" (except of course family employees).

While they claim to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, nothing is farther from the truth.

Worked for Jones Networking? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jones Networking reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Jones Networking CEO Lisa Witmer. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Jones Networking employees.