Jones & Carter Reviews

2.7
Bob Aylward

Good People

I worked at Jones & Carter full-time

Pros

A company that really cares about their employees! Lots of training options/seminars and Fridays are half days. They're a smaller company but are growing quickly. They're a great group and make an effort to have fun while still getting work done.

Cons

Different departments do not interact as much on a daily basis. You mainly stay in your department, but that could have been more of a problem at my building because of the architecture of the building. It was a bit maze-like.

Advice to Management

Keep on expanding marketing and attracting top talent to the firm. I think the internal training JC University is one of the most attractive things about the company, especially to younger EITs.

2. Great place to start out

I worked at Jones & Carter full-time

Pros

Great training and development program Good management Varied work experience Support for professional engineering certification

Cons

Relatively low pay Minimal upward mobility

3. I Love it Here

Pros

I was with my last company for many years and I wanted to break out of gigantic corporate America to work for a firm that makes a difference in the community. That is how I found Jones and Carter. The leadership at Jones and Carter really care about the people. The new CEO is very cognizant of the needs of the people and makes decisions based on a balance of the needs of the firm and the needs of the people. People are in the forefront of his mind. I know this because I have seen him in action. My colleagues are great, too. I can truly say that I enjoy working with everyone here. It is an amazing place during an exciting time. One of my favorite aspects is the work/life balance. We work 4 9-hour days and a half day on Fridays. I like this better than what many oil and gas companies do with every other Friday off. Knowing I get off work at noon every Friday allows me to enjoy nearly a 3-day weekend every week! Also, they pay for employee medical. It hasn't been since I was in a union years ago that this was even an option.

Cons

I have no cons to point out.

Advice to Management

Keep on the path of collaboration and building excellence

5. Found my career home!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Jones & Carter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best part of this company is hands down, the people here. They make it worth coming to work each day. Each department is so passionate about what they do and it shows. I really enjoy how collaborative everyone is and how much I feel vital to this team. Excellent employee benefits A learning company- limitless opportunities to grow.

Cons

I can't think of one con.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. We are growing and thriving and your leadership is a direct reflection of this. I am proud to be an employee here and look forward to my future here.

Jones & Carter review

Former Employee - Business & Reporting Analyst in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Business & Reporting Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Jones & Carter (Less than a year)

Pros

Company seemed to want to go in the right direction

Cons

Company needs to be one cohesive unit

I hear brown and gay is in need.

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Jones & Carter full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The only pros are reserved for a select 8

Cons

Leaders are lost, owners are greedy. They care more about appearances than people. New 'Teams" all over the place but nothing gets done. New CEO stays locked up so he does not have to face the people. I guess its hard for him to look people in the eye knowing what he is doing. They are loosing lots of long term people and will continue to loose more but that's what the hired him for.

Advice to Management

man up and do the dirty work instead of hiding behind rainbows.

pretty package

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Jones & Carter full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

close to home. 1/2 day Friday but don't count on getting off.

Cons

expect to see more positive reviews here from the new marketing team. New "liberal" management will treat you like a #. Its like a high school here. Many closed off cliques. Very hard to fit in when the company is ran by ghosts. Management passes the buck and their is no accountability. New professional CEO only knows how to be a CEO-nothing industry specific. Was a good conservative Texas company. Not anymore.

Advice to Management

Hold your managers and practice leaders accountable for their failures.-don't condemn whole practices\department for managements failures. Instead of trying to grow past 500 employees. Manage what you have and get your processes down before you throw away peoples lives.

Unsecure-at risk

Current Employee - Senior GIS in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior GIS in Houston, TX

I have been working at Jones & Carter full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I will be leaving soon.

Cons

New management does not know the industry. Employees are just $. company is split between foreign new "leadership" and the old guard. In this instance change is bad.

Advice to Management

Old cotton management was better.

Wrong direction

Current Employee - Outsourced in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Outsourced in Houston, TX

I have been working at Jones & Carter (More than 10 years)

Pros

none-anymore. Don't try to make it work.

Cons

New (out of town)CEO with his own agenda contracts with his own "contacts" to wipe out entire departments. He cares NOTHING of the employees. Their new "values" are a joke and are a direct contradiction to their actions.

Advice to Management

By the time you guys figure it out he will be back in MD.

11. As I worked for Jones&Carters Inc, as a administrative assistant I managed the filing paperwork.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brenham, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brenham, TX

I have been working at Jones & Carter part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team work is what made me love the job so much more than any other job i have ever had. It feels good when they treat you like family and we all help each other. It had great schedule, it worked around my college classes and at the same time the pay was great.

Cons

It was only a temporary position.

RSS Feed </> Embed