Jordan Hospital

Be The First To
Add Photos

Rewarding Career

Operator (Current Employee) Plymouth, MA

ProsBenefits, job security and great people to work with.

ConsSometimes not alot of hours. Has a union so sometimes people better qualified will not get job because someone with seniority will get it.

horrible place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe operating room staff are awesome and very professional.

Conscons are everything else. I worked there for a long while. I blame peter holden(the president) all the way down. It seems to me he is purposely destroying that place to make it sell-able to BI hospital and will probably be $ rewarded for doing so. If you talk to the employees that have been there 25+ years, they will tell you jordan is at an all time low. Also, the union is a joke. They do nothing for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementI realize they have a job to do (getting rid of the highest paid employees any way possible), but to to do this at the expense of patient care is sad and inhumane. Management ignores real problems that effect patient care and are very ineffective, most likely on purpose. their goal is to make it miserable to work there so people leave. They do this by coddling the lower paid, less senior employees to make the higher paid ones frustrated. it is sadly a game to them of psychological torture.

Good co-workers, bad building, horrible management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Plymouth, MA

ProsThe rank-and-file employees are great people. You can feel good about working for a non-profit health system that is filling a need for the local community. OK work/life balance, avg. pay rate, no/low commute

ConsManagement is clueless and Sr. leadership is aggressive / lie through their teeth. Good managers are often fired or forced out, bad managers and directors get praise & promotion. The physical plant is extremely delapedated, elevevators at the hospital campus get stuck often, the halls look shabby, delapedated, and dirty - if I needed to go to the ER I would drive myself to Boston before going by ambulance into that 3rd-world building.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe universal perception of leadership is that you are all ill-tempered maniacs with no clear plan or direction.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not bad and needs some improvements

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Amman (Jordan)

ProsGood Experience and connections to your future

ConsNo Social life at all plus its a hard job

Advice to Senior Managementbless

A good place to train taking into consideration the area and region in general.

Medical Student In Training (Former Employee) Amman (Jordan)

ProsHas a generally friendly atmosphere to train. Good health care quality for Jordan. Helpful staff and willing to take the time to teach and help you out.

ConsNot exactly world class health care. Some managerial bureaucracy and sometimes knowing someone gets things that can't be done done. Some physicians are purely materialistic.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on keeping the better physician, not the one who gets you more revenue. Solve managerial bureaucracy issues. Get some new young blood into management.

Just a Horrible Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly staff and support in the ranks.

ConsManagement is HORRIBLE. I suffered from cancer while working there and they insisted I not take too much time off..... Constant backbiting between managers who are afraid of being the next one fired. General orientation was fine, but there was no orientation the position I was taking.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees as the valuable assets they are and stop using fear as a primary motivator. I would not recommend your services to anyone knowing how you treat your employees. I have not seen a more poorly run organization.

Stellar Patient Care....Incompetent Senior Leadership

Director/Manager (Current Employee)

ProsOver all patient care is okay but has gone down hill due to the low staff morale, and constant fear of layoffs. One of the most friendly hospitals you will ever work at.

ConsSenior leadership is young, inexperienced and clueless. The entire senior leadership at Jordan Hospital are former employees of the Caritas system (Now Steward Health) and were brought on by the current CEO. Senior leaderships profound inexperience/incomptence has caused the organization to implode. Tons of managerial layoff and staff morale is in the gutter. Senior leaderships salaries are way to high as well. When you consider all the damage they caused. If senior leadership doesn't like you. You can count on losing your job!!

Advice to Senior ManagementFire yourselves so that qualified and ethical leaders can run the organization and continue to make it a great organization to work and receive care. Stop firing existing employees that are high performing so you can hire your friends into the job!!

Horrible management, poor compensation.

Physician (Former Employee)

ProsNice staff, autonomy, friendly staff.

ConsHorrible management, nickel and diming all the way. Cronyism, high payed useless consultants. Expect no help or potential in this dead end hospital job. Expect total exploitation from unfriendly and ruthless management.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour prime purpose seems to be exploitation to the point of destroying the hospital. You need to listen to your workers. Your form of management is non sustainable and the hospital will soon be up for auction. Corrupt with cronyism, inept, inefficient, redundant management.

Worked for Jordan Hospital? Contribute to the Community!