Jordan's Furniture Reviews

Reset
4.5
Eliot Tatelman

1. Love it!

I have been working at Jordan's Furniture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Jordan's is a great company to work for - they truly value their employees and take good care of them, both benefit-wise and by creating a great work environment. Although the company keeps expanding, they have been able to keep that family-run atmosphere and make it fun to come to work! I feel very lucky to work with such a great team.

Cons

Can't think of any cons...

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you're doing!

2. Great experience!

Former Employee - Enchanted Village Customer Service in Avon, MA
    Former Employee - Enchanted Village Customer Service in Avon, MA

I worked at Jordan's Furniture part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall at Jordan's Furniture I had a good experience as it was my first job in the customer service department. I worked in the Enchanted Village and met many awesome co workers. The management overall was great and we had a close-knit bond with each other, i knew most of the mangers on a different level than just a boss. The time and a half on Sundays was awesome too, and it was a dollar above minimum wage when I started working there. I look forward to going back next holiday season. Plus the famous CEO Elliot showed me his World Series Ring, and I love baseball! He was always around on Sundays and events.

Cons

Sometimes it could get long and boring depending on where you were working. I remember an 8 hour shift of just standing out on the ice rink, which was terrible. Hard to find a break sometimes as well.

Advice to Management

Plan the half hour breaks before we start working, so it does not get chaotic when everyone wants to take a break at the same time.

3. labor

Current Employee - Labor in Monticello, IN
    Current Employee - Labor in Monticello, IN

I have been working at Jordan's Furniture

Pros

work at fast pas work well with others

Cons

cant read people don't give me a chance because I cant read

5. Love it here!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Taunton, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Taunton, MA

I have been working at Jordan's Furniture

Pros

I have never worked for a company that has such a loyal following by their employees. I think that says it all. Great company!

Cons

None that I can think of

6. I enjoyed working at Jordan's Furniture. It was a fun time with my co colleagues.

Former Employee - Shipping & Receiving in Taunton, MA
    Former Employee - Shipping & Receiving in Taunton, MA

I worked at Jordan's Furniture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hard working? If you like labor Jordan's Furniture is the place for you. Work hard hours to earn your pay. Lunch breaks and cigarette breaks are an option. I had a lot of learning experience at the Jordan's Furniture Warehouse in Taunton, MA 02780.

Cons

Use a dolly to move furniture under 75 pounds and use a forklift for furniture over 75 pounds. Not much to say about the cons at Jordan's because I needed the work at the time. It was a decent paying temporary job but Jordan's Furniture has a lot of respect for the short term and long term goals of its company.

Advice to Management

Training, promotions and company values are embedded in the Jordan's Furniture culture. I remember we had a Dunkin' Donuts coffee with donuts breakfast one day while I was working their temporary and we also had a pizza party too!

Mar 4, 2015

Thank you!!! For anyone interested in seeing it for yourself… it truly is an amazing place to work. PROFESSIONAL SALES JOB FAIR Wednesday, March 18, 2015 1 pm - 5 pm 1 underprice way ... More

7. Great place to work for professional salespeople. Always Improving!

I have been working at Jordan's Furniture (More than 10 years)

Pros

Jordans is having a Job Fair Wednesday Oct 1st from 1 pm – 5pm in the Reading Store for anyone interested in seeing it for yourself… it truly is an amazing place to work. They have high expectations but the rewards are great. Come see if you have what it takes to become a J-team member. You could be working at the most dynamic retailer in the home furnishings industry.

Cons

You need to be prepared to work nights and weekends and long hours, but it really pays off as this is the busiest time of year in the stores.

Mar 4, 2015

8. Working for Jordan's is an Amazing Experience!

Current Employee - Management in Reading, MA
    Current Employee - Management in Reading, MA

I have been working at Jordan's Furniture full-time

Pros

Jordan's genuinely cares for its employees and creates an environment to succeed through excellent training and positive reinforcement. The company offers excellent benefits.

Cons

There are no Cons, really!

9. Great Company

Current Employee - DC Operations in Taunton, MA
    Current Employee - DC Operations in Taunton, MA

I have been working at Jordan's Furniture full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A company that truly cares about their employees. Top management has an open door and welcomes feedback. Benefits are great and cost are far below industry averages.

Cons

High standards for work performance can be challenging to people with no ambition. If you don't like change than Jordan's isn't for you. The company is constantly looking to improve and changes processes and procedures regularly.

Advice to Management

Continue to look for opportunties to grow the comapany and make Jordan's an even greater place to work

Mar 4, 2015

10. It's an amazing company.

Current Employee - Manager in Avon, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Avon, MA

I have been working at Jordan's Furniture full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Jordan's inspires you to be your best. Whether you are in sales or in operations, they want their employees to enjoy what they do. They believe that if you are happy, you will give customers a great experience; therefore, they offer great employee benefits, and provide excellent training. Managers are extremely supportive and coach you to succeed.

Cons

Not sure you would consider having to be flexible a con. Jordan's believes in changing policies and procedures to meet today's demands. They are not afraid to look at a policy and update it accordingly. So I guess that means you cannot be complacent with anything they do as they are always looking to improve the customer's experience.

11. Excellent Company

Current Employee - Administrative in Taunton, MA
    Current Employee - Administrative in Taunton, MA

I have been working at Jordan's Furniture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Jordan's is a great place to work. Because they take pride in the quality of their product and customer service there's a sense of job security. The company has a great value system that is shared from the top down. Their philanthropic, employee eccentric, and incorporate fun in all we do. I can actually say that I look forward to coming to work.

Cons

You have to be open and flexible to change. The company is always looking to improve and stay current so for some that can be a challenge.

Advice to Management

The foundation of the company is amazing and my hope is that as time goes on the heart and soul doesn't change.

RSS Feed </> Embed