Jordan's Furniture

Updated November 2, 2014
Updated November 2, 2014
4.2

Eliot Tatelman

I enjoyed working at Jordan's Furniture. It was a fun time with my co colleagues.

Former Employee - Shipping & Receiving in Taunton, MA
    Former Employee - Shipping & Receiving in Taunton, MA

I worked at Jordan's Furniture full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Hard working? If you like labor Jordan's Furniture is the place for you. Work hard hours to earn your pay. Lunch breaks and cigarette breaks are an option. I had a lot of learning experience at the Jordan's Furniture Warehouse in Taunton, MA 02780.

Cons

Use a dolly to move furniture under 75 pounds and use a forklift for furniture over 75 pounds. Not much to say about the cons at Jordan's because I needed the work at the time. It was a decent paying temporary job but Jordan's Furniture has a lot of respect for the short term and long term goals of its company.

Training, promotions and company values are embedded in the Jordan's Furniture culture. I remember we had a Dunkin' Donuts coffee with donuts breakfast one day while I was working their temporary and we also had a pizza party too!

Great place to work for professional salespeople. Always Improving!

I have been working at Jordan's Furniture (more than 10 years)

Pros

Jordans is having a Job Fair Wednesday Oct 1st from 1 pm – 5pm in the Reading Store for anyone interested in seeing it for yourself… it truly is an amazing place to work. They have high expectations but the rewards are great. Come see if you have what it takes to become a J-team member. You could be working at the most dynamic retailer in the home furnishings industry.

Cons

You need to be prepared to work nights and weekends and long hours, but it really pays off as this is the busiest time of year in the stores.

Great Company

Current Employee - DC Operations in Taunton, MA
    Current Employee - DC Operations in Taunton, MA

I have been working at Jordan's Furniture full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

A company that truly cares about their employees. Top management has an open door and welcomes feedback. Benefits are great and cost are far below industry averages.

Cons

High standards for work performance can be challenging to people with no ambition. If you don't like change than Jordan's isn't for you. The company is constantly looking to improve and changes processes and procedures regularly.

Continue to look for opportunties to grow the comapany and make Jordan's an even greater place to work

Working for Jordan's is an Amazing Experience!

Current Employee - Management in Reading, MA
    Current Employee - Management in Reading, MA

I have been working at Jordan's Furniture full-time

Pros

Jordan's genuinely cares for its employees and creates an environment to succeed through excellent training and positive reinforcement.

The company offers excellent benefits.

Cons

There are no Cons, really!

It's an amazing company.

Current Employee - Manager in Avon, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Avon, MA

I have been working at Jordan's Furniture full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Jordan's inspires you to be your best. Whether you are in sales or in operations, they want their employees to enjoy what they do. They believe that if you are happy, you will give customers a great experience; therefore, they offer great employee benefits, and provide excellent training. Managers are extremely supportive and coach you to succeed.

Cons

Not sure you would consider having to be flexible a con. Jordan's believes in changing policies and procedures to meet today's demands. They are not afraid to look at a policy and update it accordingly. So I guess that means you cannot be complacent with anything they do as they are always looking to improve the customer's experience.

Excellent Company

Current Employee - Administrative in Taunton, MA
    Current Employee - Administrative in Taunton, MA

I have been working at Jordan's Furniture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Jordan's is a great place to work. Because they take pride in the quality of their product and customer service there's a sense of job security. The company has a great value system that is shared from the top down. Their philanthropic, employee eccentric, and incorporate fun in all we do. I can actually say that I look forward to coming to work.

Cons

You have to be open and flexible to change. The company is always looking to improve and stay current so for some that can be a challenge.

The foundation of the company is amazing and my hope is that as time goes on the heart and soul doesn't change.

An amazing groupof people taking care of their customers and coworkers each and every day.

I have been working at Jordan's Furniture full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Jordan’s is great place to work. The company hires the best people and truly invests in them. The training is paid, the wages are competitive, and the managers are focused on helping people to succeed in their jobs.

Most of the current mangers were promoted from within. The company recognizes the importance of creating a work-life balance and makes every effort to support employees in both. Schedules are consistent and employees know when they have to work months in advance.

The benefits are substantial including health care, dental insurance, a 401k with match, and a big discount on furniture.

Cons

The hours are retail and there are some nights and weekends required but with a consistent schedule you can still plan a life out side of work.

Contniue to focus on a fun, family oriented workplace. It makes a huge difference in peoples lives!

Love going to work!

Current Employee - Office Support in Avon, MA
    Current Employee - Office Support in Avon, MA

I have been working at Jordan's Furniture full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

A positive environment and team spirit exists at Jordan's and makes going to work enjoyable. The company offers generous benefits (including fun extras), employees are appreciated and respected at all levels and are encouraged to grow and develop.

Cons

Retail hours for store positions are not always ideal but they are fair with working rotating schedules and getting time off.

Ok, but it's retail, so expect to work most weekends and most holidays

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Reading, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Reading, MA

I have been working at Jordan's Furniture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Management was great and all the tools needed to succeed are there.

Cons

Hours just weren't for me. It's retail so you need to work weekends and nights to make money. After 12 years in the industry I needed to move on.

Rid the Senior Sales Management position. Everyone senior I've worked for has been mediocre. Just have 3-4 Sales Managers who report directly to the assistant and store manager.

Long-term Employee Still Lovin' Coming to Work!

I have been working at Jordan's Furniture full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Jordan's recognizes a job well done and it doesn't matter where you work - other departments will acknowledge your work to your manager. With a new store opening in New Haven, CT on the horizon, there will be lots of opportunities.

Cons

long-term employees means no one leaves

Jordan's Furniture Photos