Jordan's Furniture

Updated Apr 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Eliot Tatelman

Solid Company with longevity.

Truck Returns Data Coordinator (Current Employee) Taunton, MA

ProsThis company genuinely cares about their employees.
    Ideas for improvement are actually implemented.
    Company wide bonuses. When Jordan's does well, the employees actually get recognized.

ConsTypical customer interactions. Management will sometimes undermind you to a customer to satisfy them.
    Working in the warehouse there are some inter-departmental conflicts between leads/supervisors. Can be the cause of some stress for warehouse employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay professional. Even warehouse management should always be viewed in an authoritative light. Less buddy buddy, more lead by example.

Perfect first job.

Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) Warwick, RI

ProsEveryone is friendly and knows everyone, which in turn makes you feel welcome. Not many responsibilities for the Guest service reps at splash, however, not a stressful job.

ConsLimited ability to interact with new people. When SPLASH is down, customers tend to get antsy, if not even hostile. Fridays are a breeding ground for teens, due to the dark room allowing them to not be seen.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider letting some the employees have more responsibility as far as what they can vs. can't do

Jordan's Furniture is an amazing place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Avon, MA

ProsThe best part of Jordan's is the people! It may be hard to get into Jordan's, they have high expectations, but they need to to keep up their reputation as being the best of the best.

ConsCommute can be a challenge, but is worth it for all the other benefits that go along with working there.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company changed, values not as they were, people in the end treated poorly!

Customer Service (Former Employee) East Taunton, MA

ProsPretty good training, nice co workers. The company was a great place to work for but changed in 1999 when sold, down hill from that point on.....

Consconstant monitoring of phone calls, treating people as piece mail, fired about 6 long term employees ( the majority over 55).

Advice to Senior Managementsupervisors were not consistent with answers, did not always follow playbook, department managers supported supervisors no matter what and did not consider if the customer service representative was being correct and treated fairly

Great place to work!

Clerical (Current Employee) Taunton, MA

ProsThe company is very good to thier employees, and maintains a J-Team mentality.

ConsNot a lot of room for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp those that work for you better themselves, don't hold them down to make you look good.

Not worth it.

Warehouse Team Leader (Former Employee) East Taunton, MA

ProsMost years you will receive a Christmas bonus.

ConsManagement in the Warehouse is AWFUL. Favoritism is ramped.
    There is no room for advancement at all. You will be stuck in the same position for a long time before there is any chance to advance and then you will have to be part of the Management click.
    Raises are awful.
    Oh did I mention how awful Management is.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave that place. Your Awful.

There is no J-Team anymore...

Many From Cashier to Management (Current Employee) Avon, MA

ProsGreat co-workers.
    Good benefits.
    Executives try to do what's best for the company while throwing in little "fun factors" every now and then

ConsSenior management is a joke. Many of the managers could not perform the day-to-day tasks in their own departments. You hear more about the one mistake you made than the hundreds of things you did right. You're just a number no matter how long you've been there. Sales people are put under immense stress to meet quotas which causes many to break Jordan's internal floor rules on a daily basis. Management looks the other way if you're one of their "top performers". Store Management lets thousands of dollars in sales walk out the door because they don't want to work with customers on price and even make it difficult to match promotions with competitors on many occasions. Common conversation: Mgr: "Did that customer buy?" Slsp: "No because you said you wouldn't do what they were asking for when I called you." Mgr: "Why didn't you call me back after the customer got upset and was leaving?" It's laughable...that's no way to run a business unless you're trying to run it into the ground.

Advice to Senior ManagementJordan's needs to remember where it came from. The J-Team built the company into what it is. Losing that will eventually be your downfall. 98% percent of the management could use some serious re-training on how to deal with people, both employees and customers, and they should also have some accountability for the morale of their employees and not just the bottom line. Find a way to retain good employees. Happy employees = happy customers = happier bottom line. It's not 1998 anymore when everyone bought at Jordan's. Wake up and don't make customers feel like it's a privilege to shop at Jordan's

Guest Service Representative

Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) Avon, MA

ProsFun, exciting environment with fun people and friends all around. Get's you out of your comfort zone and into talking to people, in front of people, and in general just becoming a more sociable person. Fun working environment.

ConsVery low pay, no growth opportunities what so ever, pay raises are miniscule.

Advice to Senior Managementincrease pay, consider some sort of advancement opportunities to provide an incentive for employees to better them selves and want to improve.

You get what you put in to it

Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Natick, MA

ProsYou control your income as a 100% commision sales consultant.Ability to work on your own and at your discretion which customers to work with.

ConsPoor communication between management and employees. Insufficient inventory of stock merchandise. Lack of advertising. Little acceptance of ideas from the field.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove inventory situation. Advertise.

Fantastic First (or second) Job!

Guests Service Representative (Current Employee) Natick, MA

ProsManagement is great, pays above minimum wage, free popcorn, easy job, fun work environment, enjoyable coworkers. Very satisfying job

ConsLow pay, Sometimes guests are unreasonable

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is really nothing I can say, management is great and values us not only as employees but as people

Worked for Jordan's Furniture? Contribute to the Community!