Journal Multimedia

Add Photos

David A. Schankweiler

Great people, rewarding work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Harrisburg, PA

ProsEach business unit has its own unique culture which fits into the larger organization pretty well. Some business units do perform better than others, though, and tend to be better places to work within the organization. Also, because of the variety of different businesses under one roof, we are able to take part in activities outside of our own business units (e.g. everyone who wants to is able to help with company-run events). There are also multiple company-sponsored parties throughout the year, which helps to increase the interactions between business units.

ConsIt helps to be very self-motivated, as the work can feel tedious at times. Many jobs are broken down into smaller steps, and this lends itself very well to people who like systematic work, like myself. Busy times of the year fluctuate, so some days can feel slow.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe already have opportunities to share our feedback with management personally, so I don't feel the need to do so here.

Stay Away

Account Executive (Former Employee) Harrisburg, PA

ProsFriendly employees, clean work environment, and company perks.

ConsThere is no lead generation other than your own, poor management, unrealistic expectations of performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter organization, streamline operation, and take responsibility for your own poor planning.

Very poor management

Account Executive (Current Employee) Harrisburg, PA

ProsPTO, company perks, great medical/dental/vision benefits. Fun work enviornment

ConsThe owner of the company is not open to change or new ideas, as soon as they know your opinions differ from theirs they're out to get you. There is no employee retention weekly emails go out that someone "has moved on..." You are just a number and there is no loyalty o matter how hard you work. While the health benefits are good, the pay is not.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open to change and the company will be much more profitable

Worked for Journal Multimedia? Contribute to the Community!