Judge Group

Judge Group Reviews

Updated Mar 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Judge Group Chairman, President, and CEO Martin E. Judge Jr.

Martin E. Judge Jr.

Amazing Company to work For!!!

Director (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Judge Group full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAmazing company, great perks, great atmosphere

ConsCan't list any Cons. This company has been great to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work.

Expect to be canned if you're successful

Senior Account Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Judge Group full-time for more than a year

ProsIf you want to learn the staffing biz, not a bad place to start. They like to drink.

ConsLots of pats on the back....one will have a knife in it. Judge does give you an opportunity to grow, but once you become successful, they turn over what you've built to junior to learn and terminate the ones who grew the business to save on salary and commissions. I saw it happen to top performers. They actually have the balls to have the senior person intro the junior to a client as a condition to stay on and once the person is up to speed, they fire you.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize that not the whole world has the same paranoid Philly mentality. There are people out there who are not upper mgmt who want a career. Don't treat FTE's like short term contractors.

Recruiters disappear

Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Judge Group as a contractor

ProsRecruiting firm may help you find a position

ConsTwice a Judge recruiter has solicited me about potential positions, pushed me hard to respond to requests for information, then disappeared without letting me know the final results.

Advice to Senior ManagementInsist that your recruiters maintain communications and let candidates know the final results

When the time comes to leave, I won't miss it.

Security Analyst (Current Employee)
Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Judge Group full-time for less than a year

ProsThe recruitment process was quick and clean; my account manager knew what the client wanted, and sent me in prepared for the interview.

That made it very easy to get the job; they truly have their finger on the pulse of their clients.

ConsIt's hard to narrow it down. I haven't seen or heard from my account manager in months.

That statement contributes heavily to what I call a "cattle farm" feel. Their priority is to put billable resources in chairs, and the only value of an employee at Judge appears to be the bill rate.

That leads to a lack of employee loyalty to this company, at least from what I've seen. When the time comes for me to leave, it won't be a difficult decision full of heartfelt goodbyes like it has been with other companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementMeet your "billable resources". We are the people who are making you rich; you should speak to a few of us from time to time.

Welcome to the Boiler Room Sweat Shop with massive turnover where you're treated like dirt

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Judge Group

ProsIf you are in the top elite (either you've been there 10+ years or you are somehow genetically linked to the owner Marty Judge), you will enjoy the "boy's club" of huge perks...golf outings, expensive restaurants, big bar tabs, etc)

This is truly an "eat what you kill", no support or acknowledgement place to work. It's perfect for young college grads who want to get their first taste of "reality". Seasoned professionals should stay away.....FAR away!

Cons*Benefits suck balls.
*Managers are as incompetent as most of the "seasoned" employees
*Little if any training or assistance when you're first hired....it's sink or swim...bring in money or you're gone.
*Most people last about 4 to 6 months
*Most recruiters and salespeople don't communicate well together, everyone is selfish
* When you get let go, they cut benefits off immediately, no time for goodbye's, it's F'off...there's the door
* Senior management care more about side businesses like his ownership of an indoor football league. The peasants don't want to hear about your lavish lifestyle when we're told that the firm "isn't profitable"....give me a break!
* If you don't know someone at Judge already....you will never make it....period.
* Their systems aren't linked and trying to update cient/prospect records is a chore

Advice to Senior ManagementHere's a quote from Jack Welch that probably is too difficult for Judge leaders to comprehend:

"All people want and deserve to have their ideas, opinions, and feelings heard and their work and effort respected and rewarded."

No Thanks

IT Recruiter (Current Employee)
West Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Judge Group full-time for more than 3 years

ProsDepending on your manager you can basically do whatever you want. I was one of the lucky ones and had an opportunity to make a lot of money at one point, but commission fluctuates drastically. The people are mainly young and fun, and if you know the right people there is opportunity for advancement.

ConsPolitics, unless you know someone dont expect to move up anywhere. Losing major, exclusive accounts left and right. Sr Management wants to grow, grow, grow but our weekly numbers continue to either stay the same or drop slightly. Too many recruiters and not enough accounts. No one is really making any money but the directors. Sales team is poorly trained and have no direct industry experience. Sometimes I feel like Im working in romper room. No one has any clue what is going on, ever so be prepared to figure it all out yourself.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow up to work more, maybe take some advice from your recruiters and sales team every now and then. Actually having a background in the industry you are directing would help.

Avoid at all costs.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Judge Group as a contractor for less than a year

ProsI was in need of a new position and Judge found me via my public posting on job sites. Within a few weeks I was in a contract position and I was happy with the recruiter, and the setup process.

ConsThe company they set me up with was horrible. I expressed my feelings, and nothing was done about it. When I decided to leave after fulfilling my contract, they were giving me a hard time. They did not even ask why I didn't stay. To make matters worse, the guy in charge of the recruiter was being unprofessional and practically yelling at me.

I have heard bad things about Judge in the past, but I don't believe in rumors. Now that I have seen it for myself, I should have been more cautious and listened to my colleagues.

To top it all off, they asked me to give them information (names, positions, and phone numbers) about my new employer. Sorry, I don't help those that did nothing for me.

Great experience gaining opportunity.

Tampa, FL

I have been working at Judge Group full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat work environment with a large family feel. The CEO is a great guy to work for and he makes an effort to meet each of employees personally. Vacation is plentiful for a good work life balance.

ConsHorrible 401K, the medical benefits are overly expensive and there is no real opportunity for training and advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with your employees to improve training and advancement opportunities.

Not a bad company to contract through.

Recruiter Coordinator (Current Employee)
Golden, CO

I have been working at Judge Group as a contractor for less than a year

ProsRecruiters and Account managers were fairly quick to respond to my questions or get things resolved if issues arose while I was on assignment.

ConsDue to my demographics, I do not have a lot of opportunities with being contracted out by their company. Where I was contracted, their head quarters was closer to Judge Group's headquarters.

Unprofessional

Business Analyst (Former Employee)
Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at Judge Group as a contractor for less than a year

ProsI'm not sure if there were any "pros" of this company. I was hired as a sub contractor and it went bad from the start. See Cons. The one pro I can think of is that they occasionally took us out for lunch.

ConsHours after interviewing for the job with the other contract company, my Judge rep called me and said they wanted me to start 3 days later. I was currently employed as a full time regular employee and was going to give up benefits to become a contract employee, making more money. I gave 1 weeks notice and was set to start a week later. A day or two before I was to start I got a call and was told that there was a mix up and was told I could start the following week. I didn't think it was going to be a big deal. Well the following Sunday I got another call... You can see where this is going. I ended up starting the job 5 weeks after I was told I was going to. I gave up a full time job and had zero income for that time. It was a good thing I had a bit of savings to live off of.

I was also told the length of the contract was to be 12-18 months. It ended up being about 9. Luckily I knew the end was coming and was able to get another job right away.

Another thing I wasn't too pleased with (as if there could be any more) was the lack of class my rep showed multiple times interacting with other contract workers. We were at a lunch with about a dozen of us and she bad mouthed other contractors in front of everyone. She did this on multiple occasions. She wasn't purposefully talking bad about someone but "shared" what the client had to say about them. That is information that shouldn't be shared with other contractors and was completely classless.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your crap together. The people you hire aren't cattle. We are people that have families and financial obligations. If you don't the extra mile for your employees, they aren't going to go the extra mile for you.

Worked for Judge Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Judge Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Judge Group CEO Martin E. Judge Jr. All 26 reviews posted anonymously by Judge Group employees.