Juggle.com

www.juggle.com

Juggle.com Reviews

Updated Apr 22, 2014

Stephanie Leffler

Great experience and fun place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Swansea, IL

Pros- Great teamwork
    - Perfect learning experience after college
    - Free food/alcohol
    - Offsite team building events

Cons- Managers are friends with employees outside of work
    - Will usually require more than a 40 hour work week

Advice to Senior Management- If they were a little more strict with rules (time of arrival, less hanging out during work) a lot more would get accomplished.

Soul Crushing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAwesome office manager named Hutch

ConsEverything else about this place

Fantastic Opportunity

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Swansea, IL

ProsUses current technologies ( C#, Visual Studio Ultimate 2012, SQL Server 2012 )
    Invested in employees
    Competitive salary
    Tons of perks ( listed on www.juggle.com website )
    Excellent team culture
    Positive atmosphere

ConsExpected to be as invested in the company as the company is in the employee. So if you're looking for a plain 9 - 5 job, you probably won't like the culture.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing opportunity right out of college!

Software Developer (Former Employee) Swansea, IL

Pros- Great team of developers who know their stuff.
    - Quiet environment for you to concentrate on your work
    - Plenty of help while learning how to complete your work
    - Very friendly place to work at

Cons- The hallway music got a distracting on more than one occasion. Besides that I wasn't there long enough to find any other flaws.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep providing these opportunities to people right out of college it will really help them like it did to me.

This place is a SCAM

Recruiter (Former Employee) Swansea, IL

ProsFree things designed to keep you working longer

ConsExcessive long hours required (no overtime paid)
    Doing business that is designed to cheet people
    Will never hit the goals they talk about
    won't get the stock options they promise

Advice to Senior ManagementTake all your money from MonsterCommerce and go away. Stop screwing more people and lying to college kids.

Great Opportunity For Me to Launch my career...I was sorry to leave Juggle

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Swansea, IL

ProsJuggle was my first job after college and I learned a ton from all of the team-members there. I am passionate and dedicated but did not know as much as I thought about the industry and people took the time to teach me.

I moved to a different city and working remotely for Juggle was not feasible for my role. I was able to parlay my time/experience and found a great job in California that I would not have been able to get without my Juggle experience. If it wasn't for my boyfriend, I would still be at Juggle and happy as can be.

If the opportunity presents itself down the line, I would love to work @ Juggle again.

ConsAlthough a lot of my training was one-on-one, it would be nice to have more formalized sessions. From what I hear Juggle is heading that way.

I did spend a lot of time at the Juggle office, not because I felt like i had to, but rather it was just a great opportunity to learn.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you very much for the opportunity. Keep recruiting at the local colleges because you changed my life.

Proud to be a part of the team!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Swansea, IL

Pros- Great learning environment
    -Respect creativity and different perspectives
    -Amazing growth opportunities
    -Young, but intelligent, respectful, passionate, and drive team leads and senior leadership
    -Improved recruiting process (actually taking the time to look at criteria and revamping job descriptions before bringing people on board)
    -Team Work
    -Great Facilities
     -Perks and work-life balance
    -New benefits and possible 401K coming soon (that's what was communicated anyway)
    -Great internship program and promotion opportunities
    -Structure is becoming more clear with new COO
    -Dr. and hair stylist on site is really beneficial
    -Team is passionate and believes in the company and success
    -New HR lead has done a great job so far: better communication of benefits, recruiting, performance reviews, and work-life balance

Cons-Although Juggle offers lots of perks many employees are having to work 9-10 hour days to get the job done. This has been improving, but there needs to be better communication around what is expected of people from a work hours perspective
    -Team Leads need to do a better job of communicating goals and giving constructive feedback. There is a lot of positive feedback but for those who are driven we like constructive feedback as well.
    - The perception that people with families don't work as hard or do as good of a job is an issue here. Not only is it disrespectful to those who do have families, but from what I have heard from senior leadership, having a family has nothing to do with work ethic. Some team leads feel this way and it spreads like a virus.
    -A few people aren't in the right job
    -Fast paced environment can cause mistakes unless processes are in place

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter performance review process and feedback
    Better communication on work hours

Unfulfilled equity promises, disrespect for workers, extremely long work hours = I am disappointed in Juggle

Developer (Former Employee) Swansea, IL

ProsGreat facilities to work in
    Free beer in break room
    Some bright co-workers who care about others
    Perks like free haircuts, messages and oil changes
    Facility manager is fantastic and responsive

ConsEquity is promised at 6 months of tenure but never delivered
    No performance feedback or reviews and many workers have been fired without warning or cause and that makes for a high turnover rate
    50 hour work week or more expected with short notice weekend work frequent
    Questionable business model based on advertising arbitrage which Google frowns upon
    Only "friends" of the owners have a chance to lead teams and move up
    Disrespect of workers behind their backs by upper management
    No salary increases for several years, not even a cost of living increase

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide performance feedback to all workers and help them become better. Do not blindside people and follow through on your commitment to giving every one equity at six months of employment. Understand that workers have lives outside of the company and don't demand work on weekends or late at night. Hold everyone accountable, including your "friends" who are not pulling their weight and not hitting their goals.

Good co-workers, horrible management and communication

Software Developer (Former Employee)

ProsMy co-workers were generally great people and incredibly nice.
    Great dress code, great new developer tools.

ConsThey talked a good game and made it sound very exciting when I came on board.
    I also figured out very quickly that image and looking like you're working hard mattered much more than actually getting anything worthwhile done.
    They talked a good game, using a lot of good buzz words from books on leadership, but that's where it stopped.
    In the end, I was let go without notice and was never given a reason.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people like they matter instead of like widgets. You're quickly building a reputation as a company that has NO respect for its employees.

Look thru the vail of a flashy office and find a dishonest, disrespectful, and shady business.

(Former Employee)

Decent events.
    Free hair cuts.
    Free oil changes.
    Week off for christmas.
    Some very talented young coworkers.

ConsManagement is very disrespectful to employees behind their backs.

Employees are treated as pawns and are terminated randomly with no warning or warrant.

This creates a fear throughout the office that is in nearly every employee that they will be terminated.
    This fear coupled with the illusion of a massive sell out for "billions" keeps the wheels rolling at Juggle and the employees brainwashed.

Only friends of management are promoted and get equity in the company.

Employees are promised many things and management does not follow thru. This includes the option of equity at 6 months. This doesn't happen... Equity is given out only to those close to the owners.

Forget about your personal life, hours are ridiculous. 60 hour work weeks are common with zero overtime or bonuses for extended work.

Management is incredibly arrogant and refuses to see the points of employees.

Raises are rarely given and are extremely minimal if even offered.

Pay is sub standard for the industry (without even considering the hours worked... considering the hours it is down right pathetic).

"Early Fridays" are another promise that is unkept at Juggle. Employees are give "early Fridays" every other week which the work day is supposed to conclude at 2 or 2:30. However, this doesn't happen. Employees are indirectly forced to stay over with the massive work load that is forced upon them by management.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow thru with promises made to employees. Lighten up on the hours required and the work demanded from employees. Provide a structured equity plan if you are going to offer equity. Promote the best and the brightest, NOT just your friends who are less qualified and dont perform as well.

Worked for Juggle.com? Contribute to the Community!