Juilliard School

Be The First To
Add Photos

Joseph W. Polisi

The Cream of the Crop

ProsYou are surrounded by the best of the best. Teaching at The Juilliard School is always a pleasure.

ConsI have taught an annual course there for many years and my only complaint would be that they take a while to pay.

Juilliard Professional Internship - Every is awesome but the pay

Electrics Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsIt's Juilliard. That should be enough. But if you need more, here goes: this job is the perfect bridge between school and the real world. You really get to stretch your wings and learn to work in a professional theatrical environment with ample guidance and tutelage from your supervisors. Many interns go on to great success in their various fields with many connections in the professional world that will land them jobs later on. Some interns (like myself) realize that perhaps this industry/job isn't for them and are given an opportunity to turn back (versus committing to grad school and realizing how unhappy you are in your choice).

ConsSimply this - the pay. The internship is one of the best paid in all of NYC, and for the experience and connections you get it really is amazing (and you get health insurance for a year!). But damn - living in NYC on less than $300/week - that's BEFORE taxes - is rough. Hope you like ramen and living in Bushwick.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to work with the interns to get them on food stamps. Some of us qualified, and some did not (which was total B.S., we're all paid the same). But food stamps would have been a godsend...

Great place

ProsReputation is the best in the business.

ConsLack of security for faculty.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Dean or President should have formal regular feedback and/or evaluation from faculty to leadership and from leadership to faculty.

Worked for Juilliard School? Contribute to the Community!