Julius Silvert, Inc.
www.juliussilvert.com Philadelphia, PA 50 to 149 Employees

Julius Silvert, Inc. Reviews

Updated May 27, 2014
Julius Silvert, Inc. – Feltonville – “Typical Julius Silvert delivery truck”

Al Brown

Very positive experience

IT Manager (Current Employee)
    Philadelphia, PA

Pros1. Growing company with lots of potential for dedicated and motivated employees.
    2. Very good pay and benefits structure
    3. Very friendly management

I have been employed at Julius Silvert for about 3 months now and learned one thing: this company is a best fit for hard working people who aim to succeed. Company executives fully appreciate hard work and always listen closely to good suggestions and initiatives.

ConsLaziness and lack of dedication is not tolerated here as it does not correlate with continuous growth that company currently goes through. Employment at Julius Silvert is only good for people who want to grow and become successful in his or her career.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up a good work.

Great company for people who do not over sell their skill set and want to grow professionally.

ProsA growing company with plenty of potential.... employees who are confident in their skill set and who are seeking a challenge that will elevate their career to the next level this company is for you!

ConsA growing company requires employees to collectively work as a team to get the job done, this at times requires 8-10 hour days due to the growth and volume. However employees who are passionate about their career will be able to strike the career and life balance and become successful even during the most stressful times.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management does a good job in leading by example. They wear many hats and put the time in just like the rest of the employees. My advice to ownership would be make yourself more available to your employees.

CAN'T WAIT TO FIND ANOTHER JOB.

ProsThe only pro is that I have health insurance.

ConsThe working atmosphere is horrible. The benefits are non-existent. There are only 6 paid holidays per year. The lunch room is a pig sty. They couldn't care less about employees and they treat them like crap. They only ones they treat worse are the customers - who you think they would value. Be prepared to give up any semblance of a personal life when you work here.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the in-breeding.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Finance

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNothing as this company is absolutely horrible

ConsHorrible leadership, backstabbing and overall not a friendly place.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou could have a really good thing, but your mistrust of you employees have got to change. You treat them like crap

Horrible place to work

ProsI can't think of anything - sorry. The only pro is looking forward to the day you will be leaving.

ConsOwners, management, there are cameras to watch employees 24/7, emails are monitored so be careful what you say. Owners stay behind closed doors and are very unfriendly. Upper management is a joke; they lie to your face, stab you in the back at at the end of your 11-13 hour day they ask why something isn't done and tell you they need it now. They have unrealistic expectations and don't give a darn about their employees. They actually devise ways to fire them without having to pay unemployment.

Advice to Senior Managementbecome a human

Paranoid and Unorganized

Manager (Current Employee)
    Philadelphia, PA

ProsI honestly can't think of any reason to work here. There aren't any positives.

ConsThe challenges here are getting up in the morning and coming to work here. Your every movement is watched by cameras in the offices that the owners monitor. The owners don't come out from behind closed doors, yet they want to make every single decision. No one has any authority to act on their own. The pay is low for the industry and there are only 6 paid holidays a year. The employee turnover is extremely high.
    The hours are long and there are demands on your personal time. Never should work here.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell the owners to get some outside help.

Customer Service

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Philadelphia, PA

ProsSalary was commensurate with my level of experience. There are some very sharp people working for this company but I don't understand why. I wish I could add more to this section, but I honestly cannot think of any additional benefits to working here.

ConsWhere to begin? Facility is located in a bad area of Philadelphia. It is old, dingy and very dirty. There's not enough parking so you have to park on the street. They misrepresented the position in terms of core hours; a 9-5 job turned into taking customer calls up to 2:30 AM. There's incredible employee turnover; so much so that no one can slow down to discuss and evaluate needed changes. In a span of one week, I lost 3 people on my team. One woman was carried out on a stretcher due to the stress she was under and the hours she was working. They work the CSRs beyond what should be expected of them and pay them literally next to nothing. They hire young people mainly from the service industry and college students that haven't had 9-5 jobs and aren't familiar with employment law and take advantage of them. The atmosphere in CS is more like a call center than a true CS department.

Ownership never comes out of their offices. In meetings, owners watch TV and text while you are speaking to them. There are cameras everywhere which can be typical for a food facility, but these cameras are not in the warehouse but over your desk so that management can watch you. The level of paranoia is palpable. The corporate culture is such that employees are afraid of making even the smallest of changes to improve efficiencies because it didn't come from ownership. They know things need to change but don't allow anyone to do things differently. Teams are not aligned properly and there's not clear line of authority. Managers never meet to discuss anything...wins, challenges, etc. They have zero money in their budget for training yet they expect CSRs to act as inside sales which are two different skill sets. There's no place to eat your lunch and no place to eat outside.

Advice to Senior ManagementOwners should stay home and let management run the company as there are some good people in these positions with decent business sense. That's the only way I would see anything changing.

All Companies Have Growing Pains and This Company Will Survive

ProsOpportunity, Pay, Product Line, Flexibility, Busy, Not Dull, Growing

ConsCommunication is not as good as when we were small. Too much going on somedays.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication needs improvement

A Growing Company that has Plenty of Potential!

ProsA growing company with an amazing product line. Always busy and the day just flys by! At the end of the day I feel fullfilled as I felt I played a role in the growth and success of the company.

ConsSometimes making a decision takes forever no matter who you are dealing with which delays projects. Communication with ownership is ok but it could improve.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement definitly has improved over the last couple of years which is a good thing but it needs to continue to get better.

Management should have better things to do

Was Not Disclosed (Current Employee)
    Phila, PA

ProsAn excellent learning experience in the job force

ConsManagement controlling personalities most likely arose from being socially awkward outcasts in their youth. Management is writing all the positive reviews. they recruted an employee to monitor the site for negative reviews so they can write a rebuttle. thats how you advance in this company is to be a rat. im so glad i left that horrible place.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood luck karma will be back

Worked for Julius Silvert, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Julius Silvert, Inc. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Julius Silvert, Inc. CEO Al Brown. All 18 reviews posted anonymously by Julius Silvert, Inc. employees.