Jumptap Inc

Jumptap Inc Reviews

3.3

George Bell
1 Rating

Incredible experience, learned a ton and gained chops.

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Jumptap Inc full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A place where innovative, creative, and strategic thinking (if good!) is encouraged and rewarded.

Cons

There are challenges with becoming profitable.

Jumptap! Thanks for the opportunity.

Great company but the leadership team needs to empower their team and provide more transparency.

I have been working at Jumptap Inc

Pros

Lots of exposure to all levels of the company and ability to stretch in all areas - people can really learn a lot and do a lot here. Lots of hard working and hard playing employees.

Cons

Management not always transparent about company status and updates.

Be more open.

Slow and Agonizing company culture

I have been working at Jumptap Inc

Pros

Learn about Mobile advertising industry and might be impressive to some companies

Cons

People and company culture - when you have a question it's passed down to 5 different people before you can get a response and then there are 5 different responses. Knowledge sharing and communication is horrible majority of people are pointing fingers at one another and the small percentage of people who do know what they're doing are unresponsive and slow to help.

Prepared for office politics and high turnover because employees are not very highly valued. If you have a better offer I would suggest avoiding this company because after a year you'll start to feel like getting out. Don't bother voicing opinions because this is exactly what is frowned upon it's really a double-edged sword.

Sales

Former Employee - Sales in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Sales in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Jumptap Inc full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I truly enjoyed working with my team. You couldn't have asked for a better group to work with. Laughing, joking, made the day go by! If you are not afraid of hard, non-stop work, then the sky is the limit! There is a lot of opportunity in the mobile field right now.

Cons

I believe the sales goals were way out of line compared to industry average. If you are new to the company, expect to work long hours, weekends and even on holidays. Most of the larger companies, which have money to spend have been 'picked' over and you will be working with 'bottom of the barrel companies.' The company issues iOS devices to employees where they expect you to be working most of the time and, in all honesty, pretty much at all hours.

Make your sales quotas realistic for your sales team(s). Make us feel important and motivated to make money. Also, keep the teams in the loop on your strategies. The weekly meetings can be cut back as well.

A great technology company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Jumptap Inc

Pros

When I worked at Jumptap I had the privilege to work with some of the smartest engineering talent I have ever worked with. The company supports many internal and external activities and while the work was hard it was fun. Definitely a place to learn a lot.

Cons

Sometimes prior experience in what works wasn't enough to change how things operated.

Talk the to the little guys often. They know a lot more than you know.

Good engineering talent, senior management questionable, overall not a bad place to spend a few years

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Jumptap Inc

Pros

Capable engineering organization
    Work can be interesting depending on the project
    Great location in Kendall Sq
    Above average product management team

Cons

If you're hired, the offer will be stingy unless you negotiate strongly on your own behalf
    HR sometimes leaves one wondering...
    Benefits are a bit sub-par

Do a better job of setting and communicating top level strategy
    Be prepared to succeed at what works, not at what you want to work.

I would not recommend working at JumpTap

Former Employee - Business Development/Sales in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Business Development/Sales in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Jumptap Inc

Pros

Located in Cambridge
    High tech field of mobile

Cons

I was very unhappy working at JumpTap. Management frequently changed their minds and strategies, ignoring their bread and butter. As an employee, we had to switch gears to a new focus overnight and it left my clients confused. In addition, the compensation package that I agreed to was never fulfilled.

There are some very smart people working at JumpTap. There are also some rash decision makers without a clear vision of mobile or the company's place in the medium. There isn't an atmosphere that fosters creative collaboration and innovation. Employees keep their heads down and hope they aren't next on the hit list.

I never felt that I had the resources or support to do my job. Our solutions weren't clearly delineated and the publishing partners were not as strong as the competition's suite of offerings. With competition like AdMob (recently purchased by Google), Quatto (recently purchased by Apple), niche players like GreyStripe and internet giants like Yahoo, it made getting a foot in the door very challenging.

I think mobile is an exciting medium that will show tremendous growth over the next decade. I am not sure that JumpTap is one of the leaders in that space. The strongest performers have already been purchased and industry specific offerings, in verticals like entertainment or gaming, are the next horizon.

360 degree reviews may be helpful to you
    Delineate your offerings and messaging
    Improve your corporate culture and earn your employees trust

Fun, young, challenging

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Jumptap Inc

Pros

Fun, fast paced work environment and lots of information sharing. Great opportunity to learn skills you never thought you'd need and/or use.

Cons

Days are sometimes hectic and crazy

keep up the good work, don't let the company go under!

Great place for the right type of person

I have been working at Jumptap Inc full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Jumptap has a fun and energetic corporate culture. Employees are generally empowered to make their own decisions without too much micro-managing. If you are a self-starter and a big thinker, this company is a great place for you to learn and grow.

Cons

Management, at times, doesn't deem to have a clear vision of the future. Granted, mobile is a hot and rapidly evolving space, so this isn't entirely their fault. I would much rather work for a company that has the agility to adapt quickly to the market. Having said that, the constant shuffling can get a bit frustrating. The other thing you ned to be conscious of at Jumptap is compensation. I should preface this by saying, of course, everyone thinks they deserve more money. With that in mind, from talking to recruiters and others in the space, I do get the distinct impression that Jumptap is behind on the Salary curve. If I were to ever move to another company, chances are this would be the reason why.

Develop a clear vision for where you want to go. Make sure you stay focused on executing that vision and communicating that to your employees.

Fun, challenging, cutting edge

I worked at Jumptap Inc

Pros

Mobile is the next stop in the media landscape.
    A great place to learn and gain real mobile experience
    Jumptap has a good value proposition
    You will learn a lot and be challenged.

Cons

Jumptap changes strategy too often.
    Struggles with developing a strong brand identity
    Doesn't always value its employees