Juniper Networks

Juniper Networks Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Juniper Networks CEO Shaygan Kheradpir

Shaygan Kheradpir

Pros:
  • "Work at home policy helps with work-life balance and there is recognition of the need for it"
    in 59 reviews
  • "If you want to work on cutting edge technology then this company is for you"
    in 26 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work/Life balance sometimes is a little bit uncompensated"
    in 20 reviews
  • "very weak senior management and inability to take sever action to attach people to their job"
    in 21 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Declining

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
    Westford, MA

ProsThey pay well. They pay very well.

ConsArrogant. No focus on customer.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell.

Good place to work

ProsYou get lot of experience and exposure working with lot of smart people. Innovation and development is the best. You get know what competitors are doing.

ConsFast Paced work environment need to be always on top of your work. Very dynamic environment where you are expected to multi-task and deliver multiple projects at any given time

Great heritage, critical inflexion point, execution is key to exciting next phase.

ProsTremendous opportunity to make a difference, and drive positive change. Deep commitment and loyalty across the company. Really positive employee engagement and culture.
    Foundation remains very strong.

ConsPeriod of change is creating some spin; signs are positive for future but need to execute.Will the management be able to deliver on critical changes?

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great team environment

Resident Engineer (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsJuniper has an unlimited PTO policy, flexible work scheduling, and a management team devoted to developing the talents of their employees. There is a good amount of training and there is always encouragement to leverage the benefits of tuition reimbursement policies in place for formal educational offerings.

ConsNo cons so far. My experience has been great.

Advice to Senior ManagementI like the direction the company is headed and though we are cutting costs, I believe this can only benefit everyone in the long run.

Great Company to work for.

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    Sunnyvale, CA

ProsSupportive enviroment with lots of autonomy.

ConsStruggling with corporate change and a challenging SAP implementation

Great place to intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice pay, flexible work schedule

ConsNothing found until the end of intern

Many good people working on many interesting problems

Staff Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Westford, MA

ProsIf you like the culture, drink the kool-aide, and want to be a small part of something bigger than yourself, you will fit in well.

ConsSome organizations are vastly better (in terms of effectiveness) than others. If you're looking to break paradigms - this isn't quite the place to do it.

Advice to Senior ManagementMiddle management, from SVPs down to group managers need a real culling. The top/vision people need to connect to the bottom/visionary people, and we need to replace process and "following the decision" people with competent getting-things-done people.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

It's ok. Not great.

Systems Test (Current Employee)

ProsIf you have a great manager, life is good.
    If you meet all your deadlines, you will likely be left alone to do your job.
    There is a flexible schedule (i.e. you can work from home when our kids is sick, but can also be required to produce a weekends worth of results on Monday, but "you aren't required to work all weekend"). Pluses and minuses.
    Pay is decent and benefits are good.

ConsConstant reorgs have given me 5 managers in 3 or so years. Some good, some terrible.
    Once you are a manager, you seem to have a job for life, no matter if you are good or abusive and micromanaging. Even when good people leave because of the manager, nothing is done as senior management never wants to admit to a bad hire or promotion.
    Deadlines can become unreasonable. I try to plan around the issues I see coming up but sometimes others lack of planning makes your free time go away.
    Employee training is only given to managers on up. Get used to it.
    Promotions are hoarded so get hired into the level you want, as you will likely never leave it. Promotion from within is rare.
    Seem to be going to the layoffs every year or more frequent. It's not always the poor performers but the people whose manager is on the outs with the political players in charge.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the politics and return to a more stable job environment.
    Activist investors care about their short term profits, not Juniper.

Good company to work

Sunnyvale, CA

ProsThere are very good processes which guides the engineering towards efficiency. Acceptable work life balance in most teams. Current CEO & team reasonably transparent about the next steps. Routing Business Group, have most of their leaders from in house talent pool . These folks, who wore hard hats in Juniper during its early days are doing a stellar job of leading the company towards productivity and revenue.

ConsNative talent pool is not nurtured to take leadership roles. Mission critical projects are executed by lower/middle/upper management hired from competitors, who has less clue about the native DNA (Doing more with less) which is the success ingredient for this company. Less opportunity for women to grow into leadership roles in Engineering areas. Like any corporate company, interviewing/appraisal/promotion process is slowly being manipulated by lower/middle level managers, to uplift friends & family. Will be a negative aspect for productivity and demotivating factor for performing employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementNurture in house talent to leadership roles. Work towards gender equality in lower/middle management on all departments. Continue with the transparency of decisions as you are doing now.

nice place, but lets see what the storm will leave......

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Sunnyvale, CA

Prosnice place, good people and promising tech

Consu can't beat the "big company" attitude

Advice to Senior Managementbetter people will do better job

Worked for Juniper Networks? Contribute to the Community!

Juniper Networks Videos

Juniper Networks – Why Work for Us?

Networks are becoming more relevant in the world we live in today, and at Juniper Networks we believe the network can create a connected planet that unleashes a great wealth of possibility, innovation, and discovery… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Juniper Networks reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Juniper Networks CEO Shaygan Kheradpir. All 808 reviews posted anonymously by Juniper Networks employees.