Juniper Networks Reviews

Updated October 20, 2014
3.3

Juniper Networks CEO Shaygan Kheradpir
Shaygan Kheradpir

Pros
  • Fairly good support for work/life balance in many (but not all) parts of the business (in 72 reviews)

• If you want to work on cutting edge technology then this company is for you (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance may get off the whack and little tricky to maintain that (in 22 reviews)

• Senior management solely focused on OPEX as it drives their bonuses per the most recent 8K (in 22 reviews)

More Highlights

Intern at Juniper Networks

Current Employee - Cloud Applications Developer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Cloud Applications Developer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Juniper Networks as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The culture is very nice, environment is very productive. I was able to talk with and discuss with my senior folks without any fear or issue. They were always there to help and guide me. The work was challenging and intresting. Loved each and every thing about it

Cons

Cafeteria is only present in two new buildings, older building does not have much charm in it

continue being awsm

Fun, relaxed, yet motivational environment.

Current Employee - Inside Account Manager in Westford, MA
    Current Employee - Inside Account Manager in Westford, MA

I have been working at Juniper Networks full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Many inside sales positions are just call rooms where the rep's make 100's of cold calls per day. Juniper partners each inside rep with 1 outside rep, both responsible for the same territory number. Inside reps are given SE support and are treated as valuable as the outside reps. Great stepping stone to outside sales.

Cons

The company is constantly changing products. We spend months working on strategies around specific products only to have them sold off. It creates an environment where people are afraid to purchase wondering what's next to go.

Software Engineer Intern

Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Juniper Networks as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

An Awesome place to work, innovate and enjoy

Cons

I don't think there are any cons as such. Its a great place to work.

Great place to expand your knowledge not just your job role, also to learn more about everything else going on

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Westford, MA
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Westford, MA

I have been working at Juniper Networks full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Overall very good journey, constantly something keeps changing here and there are new challenging goals set all the time and I learned and have lots of insights about Business while working as systems analyst role. Pays above average and ensure there is above average contribution from employees - win-win situation who wants to work more and get more.

Cons

work life balance may get off the whack and little tricky to maintain that. Cannot focus on formal training and improvement, employee learning and progress comes along by delivering more by working on more projects.

The employee development programs, training programs mostly goes unused as everyone is very busy here. It is made obvious that cost reduction comes before than a better working experience for the employees, taking a hit on the value of the company for some one working long here.

Great !

I have been working at Juniper Networks

Pros

Very friendly and approachable colleagues.

Cons

Hmm cant think of any.

Learned what it was like to be part of a larger company

Former Employee - Systems Testing in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Systems Testing in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Juniper Networks as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

You learn how to work within a small team that's part of a larger machine that has many moving parts.

Cons

Because it's a large company it's hard to see your work's results right away. As an intern your work is not always the highest priority.

Product Management and Marketing

Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Juniper Networks full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good products and a great place to learn technology as it relates to routing/switching to some extent security. Knowledgable and technical sales folks.

Cons

Product Management is sometime relegated to purely tactical. Software, partners and acquisitions isn't valued/used well. Long time for execution limits impact in the market. Very poor enterprise presence.
    No adoption of bleeding edge technologies and completely risk averse.
    Marketing is frequently graded based on volume of content and applicability with end users (field and customers ).
    Significant challenges in massive red tapes and processes.

Significant number of old timers in senior management (with their turf/fiefdom) limit fresh thinking and any meaningful difference.

A company with more potential that it realizes

I worked at Juniper Networks full-time

Pros

Juinper has innovated in a lot of areas, especially carrier networking. Being a serious alternative to Cisco has been great for the industry and for buyers.

Cons

The company has never fully gotten enterprise products into its DNA. It remains a carrier company, and enterprise marketing, lead gen, and communications always lacks.

Carrier business is strong - put someone with an enterprise background in charge. And I don't mean a former CIO - I mean someone that has run a successful enterprise IT solution provider company.

Great place to work

Former Employee - Staff Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Staff Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Juniper Networks full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits
    Good compensation
    Good work life balance

Cons

Slow career growth

Bureaucracy, Egos and It's Not My Job

Former Employee - Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Juniper Networks full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Nice campus. Great Benefits, Overly generous work-life balance. Most people "Work" from home at least one day a week. No caps on vacation.

Cons

People spend months or years meeting and talking about work without ever getting anything done. Yearly layoffs. Lack of leadership. Lack of focus. Best people have been jumping ship for years.

Start holding people accountable. Start expecting and setting performance goals.