Juniper Networks

www.juniper.net

Juniper Networks Reviews

3.8

Rami Rahim

Pros
  • Fairly good support for work/life balance in many (but not all) parts of the business (in 72 reviews)

• If you want to work on cutting edge technology then this company is for you (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance may get off the whack and little tricky to maintain that (in 24 reviews)

• Senior management solely focused on OPEX as it drives their bonuses per the most recent 8K (in 22 reviews)

More Highlights

I love my job!

Current Employee - Senior Territory Account Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Territory Account Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Juniper Networks

Pros

Great products and excellent professional opportunities.

Cons

back-end systems can be frustrating.

Stay the course.

Good Salary

Current Employee - IT Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Juniper Networks

Pros

Good Growth, Good Company, Excellent Bonuses

Cons

Startup mode, Chaotic and hectic at times

Continue the path of growth for employees

Feels great to work at Juniper

I have been working at Juniper Networks

Pros

Juniper is a great company to work. They are environmentally concious which is very important at this time. They are very "Green" and provide free VTA travel to all employees and contractors. The people at Juniper are great. Working here is enjoyable and you look forward to going to work. It is a fun company that makes all employees and contractors feel welcome and appreciated. There are some great amenities that are offered to the employees which include fitness center, onsite cafeteria, free public transportation, the ability to work from home, discounts, etc.

Cons

It is really hard to think of a downside.

Senior Management seems to be doing what they need to do to keep Juniper successful. Keep up the good work.

Working at JNRP is a Neutral experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Juniper Networks

Pros

The pay, WFH policy is good

Cons

Management... too controlling, doesn't allow their employees to manager their projects...

Trust your employees.... You hired them for a reason.

Good place to work on cutting edge technology

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Juniper Networks

Pros

Ability to work on cutting edge technology and to be part of making the difference in the world. Juniper has great tools and utilities for knowledge sharing; called email and email aliases. As smaller company comparing to its competition (Cisco), I think Juniper manages its technical knowledge and ability very well.

Cons

Entire upper management starting with the CEO himself has issues with the "real" market picture and needs. Juniper is so late with ethernet and switching deployments. The worst is that it seems that we are loosing the grip on enterprise innovation. All our products are doing is idential replica of the competion. Only and only reason Juniper got where it is today is the innovation that changed choice of vendor for global ISP market. However, we are lacking that innovation in the enterprise world; thus I am not sure how will this play out.

Analyze the market better before jumping into new teritory; don't just copy our competition. I understand the fact that we hire a lot of Cisco employees. However, I would rather see us jump on some of the smaller, innovative companies and develop some "out of the box" solution for IT needs in enterprise market.

Interesting place to work

Former Employee - Senior Staff Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Staff Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Juniper Networks

Pros

Interesting Work and Smart Co-workers

Cons

Inter-group politics are a big pain

Take care of employees first

Juniper is for people that want to make a positive impact on Juniper's future

Current Employee - Staffing Leadership in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Staffing Leadership in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Juniper Networks

Pros

There are many opportunities are all levels to make a positive impact on the future of Juniper. Upper management is open and encourages change that will improve product quality, delivery, internal process and customer satisfaction as well as cost savings driven by efficiencies.

Cons

In order to grow, Juniper will need to mature as an organization. People that don't like change will have to adapt as the companies grows and global processes are put into place. This is not unlike any other campany at this stage. The upside to this is that Juniper is aware of this need and is willing to make these changes. Change is hard even in the best of times.

Keep allowing change to occur and keep the culture intact

Juniper: Opportunity and some craziness

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Juniper Networks

Pros

Lots of opportunities to solve problems and improve processes. Lots of chnce for growth. he company wants to be the best, and there is dedication to doing a really good job.
    Recent reorganization provides opportunities but also means chaos. Changes sounded good but not thought through. My new group is discovering that the reality is very messy--responsibilities not clear--ownership--and we are trying to create a structure and processes for communication. It is busy and interesting--but also crazy-making and stressful.
    I think I am paid very well for my level.

Cons

Right now the company is going through many changes. The changes were not really all thought through. The company is trying to grow so fast, it's as if it took steroids.
    Too much outsourcing to India, especially of some job functions that they don't yet do very well over there. The people I work with in India are very inexperienced and undertrained, though hard-working and intelligent. Much time is wasted repeating instructions to them and holding their hands through simple tasks. It costs far more than senior management realizes.

Stop being so cheap.
    Keep eye on the ball.

If you can navigate chaos, tremendous growth opportunities

Current Employee - PLM in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - PLM in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Juniper Networks

Pros

Small company atmosphere, can-do attitude. Very little politics compared to Cisco. Senior management very committed to making it work on its own (no sell-out)

Cons

Growing pains from a smaller to mid-size companies. Much fewer resources than the nearest competitors, yet serve all the same customers and the incessant demands. A lot of senior level management churn has resulted in balls being dropped

Focus, execute and retain key talent

Great company!

Former Employee - Senior Staff Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Staff Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Juniper Networks

Pros

The company has great technology.

Cons

The company has problems with strategic vision -- they are content to just making improvements in the existing product.

focus more on growth, particularly partnerships and acquisitions