Juniper Networks Reviews

54 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
Employment Status

Reset

1. No complaints whatsoever!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

Pros

Working alongside friendly, intelligent, motivated folks who are passionate about what they do. Very competitive compensation and benefit programs. Tremendous opportunity for growth and development. And most importantly, it's fun.

Cons

There are really no downsides that I can speak of to working at Juniper. There have naturally been some growing pains as we have transitioned from a smaller niche start up to a true global player in the technology space. But that's part of what makes Juniper such a fun company to work for.

Advice to Management

Always remember to keep in mind what made this company successful to begin with. The collaborative spirit, the high caliber of employees, the encouragement to take risks, and the overall goal of making Juniper a fun and rewarding place to work.

2. overall a good company with smart people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

this is a well planned company

Cons

the bigness of the company

Advice to Management

keep it up!

3. Juniper tries hard to keep their employees happy.

Current Employee - Customer Account Support in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Account Support in Herndon, VA

Pros

Juniper is a fiscally sound company. Their salaries and benefits are competitive. You work on the forefront fo technology and will never get bored with your tasks. You can genuinely build a career at Juniper and Management promotes and does not restrict movement within the organization.

Cons

Upper managent are genuinely trying to embody good employment practices, however middle and lower management are not getting the message filtered down to them. Every one is so busy fire fighting that even you manaher does not have time to review yuor goals and objectives. Too much inteference from the Sales Account team in Technical Customer Support even though Technical Customer Support is very competent. I get the impression that Management rules by fear but have not been able to confirm that.

Advice to Management

The company is too focused on what Cisco is doing trying to get market share from them. Juniper has some very smart people and makes techically sound products.Forget about focusing the attention on Cisco and invent new ideas and innovation in your products. Building bigger, faster and better is not the way forward. We have to build out of the box solutions.

5. EA's are very valuable, management should really listen, utilize them to their fullest, and hear what has to be said.

Current Employee - Senior Executive Administrative Assistant in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Executive Administrative Assistant in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

Juniper Networks is a good company that really looks out for the employee

Cons

I tend to spend too much time here in the office

Advice to Management

some management needs to really go forward and take educational classes on how to speak with and really utilize their support staff, not just for faxing stuff.

6. Juniper Networks is one of the best companies in the valley.

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

The people are smart across the board - engineering, marketing, operations, service, and management. The leadership is competent and ethical, and the Juniper Way is clearly and openly practiced. It's very hard to succeed as a jerk at Juniper - the organization doesn't tolerate abuse. The technology is amazing - this is the hottest stuff in the networking business. And the business itself is strong and growing. We don't spend our time worrying about competition - we create reasons for other companies to worry about us.

Cons

People are very serious, kind of boring at times. "Fun" at Juniper is a particularly elegant piece of code. Yikes.

Advice to Management

Don't forget how we got where we are now: the values of the Juniper Way, growing primarily organically rather than via the wrong acquisition, being engineering-driven.

7. Juniper--good potential, nice people, and a good place to work

Current Employee - Communications Specialist in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Communications Specialist in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

Unlike many high tech companies in Silicon Valley (and I've worked for many of them) Juniper realizes that constant fire drills and chaining people to their laptops 24/7 = job and employee burnout. Juniper is a company that really seems to understand the concept of work/life balance. I'm sorry. I know that sounds very cliche, but it has actually been my experience in the 2+ years I have worked for this company. Also, the people of Juniper are just really nice to be around.

Cons

For all the ballyhoo made regarding the lofty goals and aspirations of the company, the corporate strategy remains a moving target. I just don't think that senior management (which has seen numerous changes) knows what they really want Juniper to be as a company or how they're actually going to get there. You just want to shake leadership by the throat and scream, "Make up your mind, figure it out and stick to it!" This is a company with great potential. It just needs clearer, more consistant leadership and direction.

Advice to Management

I taught scuba diving for many years. In the words of a dive instructor, to capsulize my thoughts above, I'd say "Plan your dive - then dive your plan." Stop changing your minds, pick a direction, plan how to get there and then execute on the plan. I am hoping Kevin Johnson can do this. But it's a little too soon to tell at this point.

8. Juniper Networks is one of the great companies to work at...

Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff IV in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff IV in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

A great company with great products and great quality. Wonderfully managed specially in its largest group IPG. Good processes that leads to a very good quality of products as compared to its competitors. The processes are easy and systematic. The products quality is one of the best. The HR is very helpful and very supportive to its employees. A lot of times goes out of its way to help... Most of the departments at Juniper are simply great...

Cons

Some of its acquisitions have not been very well managed. and have taken a lot of time to streamline. If you are working in one of those BUs which were originally acquired, be careful. They are improving but are slow, and the good processes have not been implemented yet there which leads to less revenue and less quality of products in those ares. They are still better than many of its competitors.

Advice to Management

Try to decrease the communications gap between top management and the individual contributors.

9. Overall a great place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer, Staff in Westford, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer, Staff in Westford, MA

Pros

Stable environment, proficient stuff, nice compensation

Cons

Juniper is huge, things are moving slowly

Advice to Management

N/A

10. Good for some time.

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

Salary and benefits are good.

Cons

There aren't a lot of career advancement opportunities.

Advice to Management

Fix IT.

11. Great Technology company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

Great work environment. Great products.

Cons

A little chaotic. Great while the company is makings $s.

Advice to Management

Do more M&A

RSS Feed </> Embed