Jupiter Medical Center

John D. Couris

Experienced insurance verification specialist

Current Employee - Insurance Verification Specialist in Jupiter, FL
    Current Employee - Insurance Verification Specialist in Jupiter, FL

I have been working at Jupiter Medical Center full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Relatively competitive wages with some great co-workers.

Cons

Benefits package not as attractive s in previous years.

Be more honest about organizational plans. No more double-speak.

Not all it was once cracked up to be...

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Jupiter Medical Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, smaller hospital

Cons

low pay for nurses, constantly short staffed, not enough employee recognition, increasing nurse/patient ratios on top of increasing workload. How can nurses adequately care for patients and satisfy patient satisfaction expectations when staffing is skimpy.

Get with the times! Nurses in FL are payed less than the rest of the country but how about paying us about the same as other hospitals in the area? Offer more incentives to work extra shifts. I know many nurses looking for employment elsewhere which is sad because they are some of the best!

Senior management needs a reality check

Current Employee - Radiology
    Current Employee - Radiology

I have been working at Jupiter Medical Center full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There are no pros to working here

Cons

Senior management does not care about patient care. They only care about numbers and making their bonuses. I have seen some really good and long term employees get terminated....probably because they knew more than their directors. This was a superior place to work and now management has run this hospital into the ground. The CEO and his entourage need to be escorted OUT of Jupiter and get some real caring management.

Move on please

Joke

Former Employee - Radiology
    Former Employee - Radiology

I worked at Jupiter Medical Center (more than 3 years)

Pros

None... this place is only for profit...for upper management....the CEO needs to start looking at how the people that deal with patients are treated.

Cons

No benefits. I gave years of good service still no benefits. Thanks! So we'll hire more prn people so NOBODY gets benefits or enough hours to survive!!!!

Treat yourself like you treat your employees and see uf your happy. This place is not a community hospital, might as well let HCA or tenet take over. I worked here for years as a prn praying to get full time. Had over the top reviews, and the thanks I get?!!! Insted of offering me full time after years of excellent servie, my hours get cut due to obamacare...and hire MORE people to take hours from me. God forbid I work so many hours you have to pay me benefits or pay a fine. So, you just hire more people, then all of us prn don't get enough hours to survive. Can the CEO that walks around in his suit acting like he's hot stuff live with less hours?! Oh you might not be able to afford your fancy suits. Oh...wait, I bet he makes a nice salary so hours don't matter to him. I wish all the peopke donate money see how things really are. My family is disgusted with the way this hospital treats their employees. Non for profit my a@s, we all know who is making a profit. I will die driving to another hospital if I'm sick rather than upper management getting a penny of my money. I really hope the patients start seeing it to and go somewhere else!!

Not a place to call home

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Jupiter Medical Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The starting pay is surprisingly higher by a dollar out two

Cons

The issues that arise never seem to be finalized and from one day to the next things change. As a for the pay, raises are none existent

The pressure needs to ease. Moral is as important if not just as equally as everything else you expect from us employees

Mentored by Chaplin , visiting sick patients and completing paperwork.

Current Employee - Volunteer in Jupiter, FL
    Current Employee - Volunteer in Jupiter, FL

I have been working at Jupiter Medical Center (more than an year)

Pros

Satisfying and educational in the Medical Field.

Cons

Seeing people who are sick.

I believe this position helps in the healing process. It is a volunteer position. As a Manager I would consider making it a paid position so that more time is spent doing it.

Clinical

Current Employee - Clinical in Jupiter, FL

I have been working at Jupiter Medical Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great place to work great culture

Cons

I can not think of amything

Keep up the great work

Disappointing - lack of investment in future leadership

I worked at Jupiter Medical Center full-time

Pros

Incredibly nice front line staff. Close to home. Loved the people that were on my team.

Cons

Compensation very limited. Benefits were very limited with extraordinarily high co-payments.

Spent two years waiting for a leadership development plan that human resources failed to deliver.

Look elsewhere for a quality work environment

Current Employee - Clinical in Jupiter, FL

I have been working at Jupiter Medical Center full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Still have some great people working here who are committed to the mission of delivering quality of care to the community.

Cons

Most unscrupulous team of executives you'll run across in the area. Yet despite their drag and 'overhead' the staff still manages to deliver quality care despite the poor working environment and underhanded politics. Massive number of frivolous terminations over the past 2-3 years. Those who remain work under constant fear or threat of termination sapping productivity and killing the working environment. Extremely low morale among employees across the organization. Company values has degraded severely over the past 3 years.

Get it together executive team or consider moving along to share your brilliance somewhere else (far away from Jupiter, Florida). You have lost the confidence and trust of the great majority of 'team members' and it is impacting the bottom line. You have forgot (or have never learned) that your 'team members' are your greatest asset and deserve your respect.

Overworked and underpaid and under appreciated

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Jupiter, FL
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Jupiter, FL

I have been working at Jupiter Medical Center full-time

Pros

co-workers are mostly good, and good benefits are available

Cons

Senior Management, total disconnect from pulse of worker bees, morale of staff is really poor.

Connect with what is really going on and do something about it. Obvious problems, but you are either not listening or just don't care. Even the community is seeing downslide.