Just Energy

Just Energy Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Not yet rated.

James Lewis and Deborah Merril

Pros:
  • "Very relaxed, fun work environment if you are in a good team, free to work on a lot of adhoc projects, good bonus structure"
    in 5 reviews
  • "This is definitely an opportunity to grow beyond being a slave to the 9-5 humdrum"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "They don't tell you it a door to door job until you are just about to enter training"
    in 6 reviews
  • "long hours, poor organizational structure"
    in 8 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

C

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Bingham Farms, MI

ProsGreat Atmosphere employee's are helpful.

ConsThey show favoritism and do not give everyone the same opportunity

Advice to Senior ManagementShould give everyone the same opportunity, do not lie to your employee's Nadene Cowley

Extreme pressure to get contracts.

Independent (Current Employee)
    Detroit, MI

ProsI guess the money would be the best part of this job,although I never received a "comma check".

ConsThe hours are long and the company has no regard for your safety. I live in Detroit and knocking on someone's door at night with no streetlights for blocks is extremely dangerous. I also had a problem with driving with someone I did not know to places unknown. This company is full of young and dumb 20 something's and can't do anything else more mature folks who get accustom to 1,000 dollar checks who don't care what they say to the customer just as long as they sign that contract.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop lying to the employees and call your business out for what it is, a big pyramid scheme.

Really Fun But not my thing

ProsGood Very great people that work in the office and the field

Constoo hot to go to door to door

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

they don't care about the employees and view them as expendable.

Retention Specialist (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

Prosdecent pay for position worked there

Consfavoritism, unorganized, users, and
    doesn't value workers

Advice to Senior Managementget some insight from the employees as to whats going on in the workplace.

Not the best place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNothing good about the company

Conslong hours, poor organizational structure

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your employees

The Truth About Just Energy

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Shaker Heights, OH

ProsThis is definitely an opportunity to grow beyond being a slave to the 9-5 humdrum. The growth opportunity is phenomenal!

ConsIn my eyes the only thing that OTHERS would consider to be a con is the fact that your results are based around your own actions! Most people are not ready to be their own boss. They are accustomed to the 8 hour work for someone else and make someone else rich schema.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be some kind of way to be able to monitor the employees who give JustEnergy a bad rep, because they are the ones who create and cause customers to be dissatisfied! Not fair to the rest of us!!! Thank you for this wonderful opportunity! It has changed my life for the better.

Fantastic work experience

Independent Contractor (Former Employee)
    Buffalo, NY

ProsMaking a ton of money

ConsLong hours but well worth it

Extremely dissatisfied with their lack of honesty in job ads and employee appreciation.

Contractor (Former Employee)
    Greystone, NY

Pros-The receptionist was nice
    -Company vacations
    -May be a okay summer job for students

That is all.

Cons-They lie and tell you that you will make $18/hr, but once you sign the contract you will find out that it's straight commission based for about a year.
    -The management team is young and is bent on abusing their power. They often use fowl lanuage towards the employees and are arrogant.
    -They don't tell you it a door to door job until you are just about to enter training.
    -Promote get rich quick scheme but many end up with checks well under $500 (scam).
    -They drop you off in bad neighborhoods hours away from the office. Many house were even boarded up. One of the employees were robbed when dropped off alone in one of the bad neighborhoods.
    -You are literally stranded in unfamiliar neighborhoods even during the winter and is expected to continue working from 12pm- 8pm regardless of the rain and snow. This means that if you are stranded in the rain or snow and you don't know anyone in that town, then you are stranded until they pick you up later that night.
    -If you work 12 hours and don't make any sells then that means that you've worked the whole day for nothing because you won't get paid.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't waste people time. Make sure your leaders have good team management skills and people skills. They were inexperienced and I witnessed them yelling, cursing, and slamming doors on multiple employees on my first day alone. Also, provide your employees with base pay, not commission pay. It's going to be cold outside soon show them that you care for their hard work during these 12 hour shifts.

Lack of Career Outlook

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsVery loose management structure. Open door policies

ConsLacks organization and understanding of employee-management practices for large corporation. Low Salaries with large expectations for employees

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should drive to employ good sound, efficient management strategies which should help to develop all employees from a career perspective.

Independent Contractor for door to door clients

Independent (Former Employee)
    Chelsea, MI

ProsThe job makes pretty good money.

ConsProblem is that you are slaved to your work.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome management was helpful.

Worked for Just Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Just Energy Videos

Just Energy – Why Work for Us?

We invite you to take a look inside at what makes Just Energy an outstanding place to develop your skills and build your career. Our Career Center will provide you with a brief insight on areas of our company, and you… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Just Energy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Just Energy CEO James Lewis and Deborah Merril. All 66 reviews posted anonymously by Just Energy employees.