Just Energy Reviews

Updated October 21, 2014
Updated October 21, 2014
2.9

James Lewis and Deborah Merril

Pros
  • Very relaxed, fun work environment if you are in a good team, free to work on a lot of adhoc projects, good bonus structure (in 5 reviews)

• This is definitely an opportunity to grow beyond being a slave to the 9-5 humdrum (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • They never mentioned on their ad that it was a door-to-door sales job, but that is what it is (in 7 reviews)

• You have to work very long hours due to lack of resources (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

life changing

Current Employee - Energy Advisor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Energy Advisor in Houston, TX

I have been working at Just Energy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

no cap on your salary...

Cons

commission only, all work no play

dont believe the gossip others spread to get people fired.

The pay is good but considering what you have to do, its not worth it.

I worked at Just Energy

Pros

Competitive pay and great incentives.

Cons

Must work outside 6 days a week rain, hail, sleet or snow, full commission pay as well.

Horrific and pathetic. Totally harassed

Former Employee - Administration in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Administration in Houston, TX

I worked at Just Energy full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Absolutely none, unless you want to loose all your skills and and guarantee that your resume will become unattractive. It's a cheesy utilities company where CEOs have no clue how to act or run it. Very unprofessional environment. Backstabbing and butt kissing is a must to survive. Do not bother

Cons

Everything listed above. You are waisting your time. Cons are the fact I listed above in the pros which are non- existent.

Dress professional and act like CEOs as well. Treat people with respect and don't reward backstabbers. That's not coaching. Your more ales are atrocious

Just Energy fails to listen to the employees who are in the trenches and are the heart of the business.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Just Energy

Pros

The people in my department are truly wonderful and awesome at what they do.

Cons

The executive team does not care about morale. Their focus is on obtaining new customers but fail to provide the tools and headcount necessary to maintain current customers.

Focus more on employee morale and learn to be proactive instead of reactive.

i miss it

Current Employee - Bilingual Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Bilingual Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Just Energy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

nice ppl, good pay. easy job

Cons

can be stressful if you let the customers get to you; hours arent the greatest

Its fun laid back but commission sucks

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Just Energy full-time

Pros

Relaxed people
    Bonus
    Trips
    Start late in the day

Cons

JJ week (mandatory 7 days )
    All commission from $10-$150 but average is $40 per enrollment
    Have to wait 3 weeks when you start to get paid

Pay hourly with added commission

Unless you are desperate, don't work here!

Former Employee - Outbound Sales/Cold Calling in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Outbound Sales/Cold Calling in Houston, TX

I worked at Just Energy as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

It's a job. And they'll hire ANYBODY.

Cons

I can't speak to their benefits and such, because I was from a staffing agency. Then again, more than half of the hourly wage staff at this location is from a staffing agency... That way they don't have to treat you with any kind of respect, or value your contributions. If you leave, they simply call the staffing agency and order a replacement, as easy as ordering a pizza.
    The atmosphere and hours are draconian. They will tell you one schedule when they hire you, but at the drop of a hat, suddenly you're working on a Saturday when you were previously told no weekends... or suddenly you're told that as of tomorrow, you're on a shift several hours later. The few people I saw object to (or simply unable to comply with) these changes - even if it was because they were single parents and needed more notice to arrange child care - were simply let go and replaced.
    They are selling a crappy overpriced product, and wanted us to say whatever we needed to say to get people to switch to them, even if it meant lying... we were trained to fast-talk the customers with lots of mental gymnastics and fuzzy math, to mislead them into thinking that they would save money (when they wouldn't!). Even if you DO complete a sale, you don't get your commission until they have cleared the credit check... and if the customer realizes their mistake and switches back after the first bill, Just Energy TAKES THE COMMISSION BACK out of your paycheck.
    And when you aren't meeting your sales goals (and you won't), they DON'T LISTEN when you try to tell them how "dirty" your call list is (full of disconnected numbers, people on the DNC list, people at poverty-level income who won't pass the credit check), or how short. And once you've exhausted your contact list with 3+ calls to every number on it, instead of giving you a fresh one, they insist you keep harassing the same people and wave gift cards at you as an incentive to meet the quotas that keep going up, despite not ever being met BY ANYONE.
    Discouraging, monotonous, mind-numbing and soul-killing work, for endless hours, and very little compensation. If you value your sanity or self-respect, STAY AWAY.

Operations

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Just Energy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very Laid back environment, young and fun

Cons

management is only concerned with sales, as long as quotas are met on volume of signups then the sales team gets rewarded even if they are selling products way under value and therefore unprofitably.

fully study full value chain of your company sales are great but costs, inefficiencies,and serious lack of technology hinder any kind of growth

Just Energy is a company that is Just Embellished

I worked at Just Energy full-time

Pros

none really as I was just interviewed there and not even wanting to hear back from them.

Cons

I was interviewed there. The most unprofessional interview I have had where the interviewer did not even shake my hand upon meeting me. Her attire was casual. Too loud atmosphere. Position that I applied for was not what they had advertised. They never mentioned on their ad that it was a door-to-door sales job, but that is what it is. Unless you live right next to their location, do no apply. They made it seem like I was the ideal candidate and since they were time contained, wanted me to meet them the next day as their last-minute interviewee, I go in to find other candidates like myself. If a company is not honest from the get-go, how do you expect honesty down the road.

Great company with many opportunities to grow!!

Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Just Energy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Many opportunities for personal growth.

Cons

Company use to offer more perks.

Just Energy Photos