Just Energy

Just Energy Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Not yet rated.

James Lewis and Deborah Merril

Pros:
  • "Very relaxed, fun work environment if you are in a good team, free to work on a lot of adhoc projects, good bonus structure"
    in 5 reviews
  • "This is definitely an opportunity to grow beyond being a slave to the 9-5 humdrum"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "They don't tell you it a door to door job until you are just about to enter training"
    in 6 reviews
  • "long hours, poor organizational structure"
    in 8 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

The Truth About Just Energy

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Shaker Heights, OH

ProsThis is definitely an opportunity to grow beyond being a slave to the 9-5 humdrum. The growth opportunity is phenomenal!

ConsIn my eyes the only thing that OTHERS would consider to be a con is the fact that your results are based around your own actions! Most people are not ready to be their own boss. They are accustomed to the 8 hour work for someone else and make someone else rich schema.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be some kind of way to be able to monitor the employees who give JustEnergy a bad rep, because they are the ones who create and cause customers to be dissatisfied! Not fair to the rest of us!!! Thank you for this wonderful opportunity! It has changed my life for the better.

Fantastic work experience

Independent Contractor (Former Employee)
    Buffalo, NY

ProsMaking a ton of money

ConsLong hours but well worth it

Been working For Just Energy for over a year!

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

ProsExcellent advancement opportunities (worked here less than a year before my first promotion)
    Great bonuses and trip incentives
    Friendly work environment
    Offer free online educational courses for continous learning opportunities.
    Was voted one of Canada's top 50 places to work.
    Flexible hours, great pay.

ConsYou need time to learn the ropes, but once you get the hang of it it's no real trouble.

Advice to Senior Management.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good

Business Analyst (Former Employee)
    Toronto, ON (Canada)

Prosvery good, flexible working time

Conslocation is far from downtown, not very convinent

Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat company. You can make alot of money if you are a true innovative sales person

ConsCommissioned based salary only can be difficult. Walking up and down knocking on doors will make you feel worthless

FA

ProsDiversity of tasks, interesting business challenges

ConsReputational capital for company doesn't exist

Great company with many opportunities to grow!!

Operations Specialist (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsMany opportunities for personal growth.

ConsCompany use to offer more perks.

Incredible opportunities. Not fully integrated. Lots of broken process but becoming focussed to fix it.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood growth opportunities for people of all levels. You can be well rewarded (most aren't it seems). Constant change, so good to develop skills. People are amazing and some really great teams. Some very good leaders. Passion of people to do great is there and that makes it easier to work hard but many agendas. Grew fast and now adopting to work as a larger company. Lots of fixing opportunities.

ConsYou have to work very long hours due to lack of resources. No defined or aligned strategy apparent which makes resourcing constrained. Business leaders not fully aligned. Constant change and very reactive and near impossible to focus on strategic matters. Lots of fire fighting but good (very slow) change taking place to fix that. Pay is middle of road and lots of turn over of great people makes it tough to stay afloat. Lack of visible or defined career options.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you reward people well at all levels. You have some really great leaders and managers in many areas but you need to provide resources and support to fix the issues. Have patience to enable people to get where the company needs to get there and be supportive. Align your people with a clear strategy. Stop doing seemingly meaningless work.

High potential for the right kind of people

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsIt's really a skill-based job. If you can sell, you will make a lot of money. My first 3 months were pretty sad in terms of income (but enough to get by and then some), but later on the sales went up and it adds up very quickly. You have to know who to target your sales pitch to and you will need practice. If you are a born salesman, you will excel. I loved this job until I had to move (or else I won't have left it).

Watch Glengarry Glen Ross, the same kind of sales environment and techniques apply.

ConsThe opposite of what I described in PROs section; if you are bad or below average on your speaking abilities and your ability to convince people, you won't get paid much at all.

Commission based sales position is very hit/miss; you either get rich easier or you have to get a new career after 3-4 months.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe provide a decent fixed income to new employees as incentive to stay? I thought about quitting in my first 3 months simply because I needed experience and the commission income was too low for beginners.

Great experience, tough work...you will succeed if you want it bad enough.

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Philadelphia, PA

ProsGreat in-field sales experience, really tests your ability to adapt to change, working with great people, great opportunities for advancement

ConsLong hours, on your feet a lot, door-to-door, talking to strangers, skills take some time to develop

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it very clear upfront what new employees are getting themselves into and you'll bring in more people who actually want to put forth the work. Be honest and upfront and you'll have a much higher turnover.

Worked for Just Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Just Energy Videos

Just Energy – Why Work for Us?

We invite you to take a look inside at what makes Just Energy an outstanding place to develop your skills and build your career. Our Career Center will provide you with a brief insight on areas of our company, and you… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Just Energy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Just Energy CEO James Lewis and Deborah Merril. All 66 reviews posted anonymously by Just Energy employees.