Just Energy Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

Just Energy is a company that is Just Embellished

I worked at Just Energy full-time

Pros

none really as I was just interviewed there and not even wanting to hear back from them.

Cons

I was interviewed there. The most unprofessional interview I have had where the interviewer did not even shake my hand upon meeting me. Her attire was casual. Too loud atmosphere. Position that I applied for was not what they had advertised. They never mentioned on their ad that it was a door-to-door sales job, but that is what it is. Unless you live right next to their location, do no apply. They made it seem like I was the ideal candidate and since they were time contained, wanted me to meet them the next day as their last-minute interviewee, I go in to find other candidates like myself. If a company is not honest from the get-go, how do you expect honesty down the road.

2. Great company with many opportunities to grow!!

Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Just Energy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Many opportunities for personal growth.

Cons

Company use to offer more perks.

3. Interesting

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Worcester, MA

I worked at Just Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly people, lots of exercise. Management pays for lunch for new guys, which is kind of them.

Cons

Door-to-door sales in dangerous areas. 100% Commission-based pay.

Advice to Management

Need base pay. Too many factors before earning a commissioned sale for some people to live off of.

If your over 21 and have bills to pay stay away from this job at all costs

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Just Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent sales experience directly with customers at their homes and businesses. You start at 10 am in the regional office, in a meeting, go out to lunch then come home at 8 or 9 pm. You have flexibility to pick your days off but if you don't reach your sale goal your likely gonna work on sunday to pick it up. It's a friendly enviroment, you can wear pants and a shirt. They inquire within, all managers started as a door to door sales associate. By knocking on doors doing cold sales you meet all different people and that can be good , bad and sometimes dangerous. Goiod job for someone who has no bills and lives with family or roomates, terrible if you have a mortgage, car loan and other bills..

Cons

100% commission only, no base or hourly pay. It doesn't matter if your type writer and make 50 sales a week. Several factors for disapproved customers such as credit and late payments. You don't get any commission for your disapproved sales or if they cancel. Most sale associates are young and immature, most don't have bills, cellphone plans or cars. Time management is bad here, they waste too much time finding territory or trying to find people that don't show up for work. Just Energy doesn't have their own vehicles, crew leaders ususally borrow a van from the regional manager. Normally 2 or 3 vans out in the field with 7or 8 people squeezed into 1. If you work in a city far away sometimes you get home by midnight.

Advice to Management

Hire quality sale people, not just someone that can write and speak. Give employees hourly wage and commission for disapproved sales. We work 60-90 hours a week and don't make enough to pay our bills. We deserve to be compensated as we are the heart of the company. Buy fleet vehicles, no one should have to buy their own van or uniforms! It's not all about sale numbers if sales Associates doesn't earn a living. Treat all of us fairly and respect us more. Offering travel incentives doesn't help when your 2 months behind rent cause you had a bad week yet worked 7 days a week and tried.I'm speaking on behalf of the Worcester MA regional office. Bad turnover rate before the 1st week paycheck. But we get our sale numbers up every week. Your welcome.

Great experience, tough work...you will succeed if you want it bad enough.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Just Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great in-field sales experience, really tests your ability to adapt to change, working with great people, great opportunities for advancement

Cons

Long hours, on your feet a lot, door-to-door, talking to strangers, skills take some time to develop

Advice to Management

Make it very clear upfront what new employees are getting themselves into and you'll bring in more people who actually want to put forth the work. Be honest and upfront and you'll have a much higher turnover.

Laid Back Atmosphere

I have been working at Just Energy

Pros

I love the working environment. It's pretty laid-back and family-like with your immediate work group. The people are the best thing about the company. They make coming to work fun because there isn't a lot of ego with management & co-workers. Micromanaging isn't a big thing here. You are pretty much left alone to do your job. The company is growing & acquiring new business which is good for future job outlook.

Cons

The company is a little disjointed because of the growth. The Houston office has no true company culture, no employee morale, and basically no real employee perks. HQ in Canada is usually swamped with work and for some reason almost every process routes up to Canada therefore creating deadline & backlog issues. Accounts Payable / Finance is soooo behind on every invoice & check needed - - Be prepared to wait. Career Advancement isn't really applicable here. It's not really a place for growth in the sense of job titles or raises, but you do get a TON of experience. You're not relegated to a specific job role and there are ample opportunities to enhance your skill set for future positions (i.e., the Operations Department is perfect for this). I see this company as a great way to get experience, learn about the Energy Business and then move on to create a career with a more established company. The company is pretty new and therefore a lot of my cons may center on the "newness" per se. Restructuring is desperately needed. Under the right visionary leader this company can become a really great place to work, but for now management only cares about the numbers.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees. Happy employees work harder.

8. An experience filled with equal highs and lows.

Former Employee - Operations Analyst
    Former Employee - Operations Analyst

I worked at Just Energy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Tremendous growth and learning opportunity. Good exposure to the retail side of deregulated energy. Possible to change career path and departments.

Cons

Noncompetitive salaries. Distribution of work unfair; much heavier load for competent workers. Quality of employees is inconsistent. Training is almost nonexistent.

Advice to Management

Invest in hiring strong employees and building a strong foundation.

C

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bingham Farms, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bingham Farms, MI

I worked at Just Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Atmosphere employee's are helpful.

Cons

They show favoritism and do not give everyone the same opportunity

Advice to Management

Should give everyone the same opportunity, do not lie to your employee's Nadene Cowley

Extreme pressure to get contracts.

Current Employee - Independent in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Independent in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Just Energy (Less than a year)

Pros

I guess the money would be the best part of this job,although I never received a "comma check".

Cons

The hours are long and the company has no regard for your safety. I live in Detroit and knocking on someone's door at night with no streetlights for blocks is extremely dangerous. I also had a problem with driving with someone I did not know to places unknown. This company is full of young and dumb 20 something's and can't do anything else more mature folks who get accustom to 1,000 dollar checks who don't care what they say to the customer just as long as they sign that contract.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to the employees and call your business out for what it is, a big pyramid scheme.

11. Really Fun But not my thing

I have been working at Just Energy

Pros

Good Very great people that work in the office and the field

Cons

too hot to go to door to door

Advice to Management

N/A

RSS Feed </> Embed