Just Energy

Employer Engaged

The Truth About Just Energy

Current Contractor - Sales Representative in Shaker Heights, OH
    Current Contractor - Sales Representative in Shaker Heights, OH

I have been working at Just Energy as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is definitely an opportunity to grow beyond being a slave to the 9-5 humdrum. The growth opportunity is phenomenal!

Cons

In my eyes the only thing that OTHERS would consider to be a con is the fact that your results are based around your own actions! Most people are not ready to be their own boss. They are accustomed to the 8 hour work for someone else and make someone else rich schema.

There should be some kind of way to be able to monitor the employees who give JustEnergy a bad rep, because they are the ones who create and cause customers to be dissatisfied! Not fair to the rest of us!!! Thank you for this wonderful opportunity! It has changed my life for the better.

Fantastic work experience

Former Contractor - Independent Contractor in Buffalo, NY
    Former Contractor - Independent Contractor in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Just Energy as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Making a ton of money

Cons

Long hours but well worth it

Extremely dissatisfied with their lack of honesty in job ads and employee appreciation.

Former Employee - Contractor in Greystone, NY
    Former Employee - Contractor in Greystone, NY

I worked at Just Energy full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-The receptionist was nice
    -Company vacations
    -May be a okay summer job for students

That is all.

Cons

-They lie and tell you that you will make $18/hr, but once you sign the contract you will find out that it's straight commission based for about a year.
    -The management team is young and is bent on abusing their power. They often use fowl lanuage towards the employees and are arrogant.
    -They don't tell you it a door to door job until you are just about to enter training.
    -Promote get rich quick scheme but many end up with checks well under $500 (scam).
    -They drop you off in bad neighborhoods hours away from the office. Many house were even boarded up. One of the employees were robbed when dropped off alone in one of the bad neighborhoods.
    -You are literally stranded in unfamiliar neighborhoods even during the winter and is expected to continue working from 12pm- 8pm regardless of the rain and snow. This means that if you are stranded in the rain or snow and you don't know anyone in that town, then you are stranded until they pick you up later that night.
    -If you work 12 hours and don't make any sells then that means that you've worked the whole day for nothing because you won't get paid.

Don't waste people time. Make sure your leaders have good team management skills and people skills. They were inexperienced and I witnessed them yelling, cursing, and slamming doors on multiple employees on my first day alone. Also, provide your employees with base pay, not commission pay. It's going to be cold outside soon show them that you care for their hard work during these 12 hour shifts.

Lack of Career Outlook

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Just Energy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very loose management structure. Open door policies

Cons

Lacks organization and understanding of employee-management practices for large corporation. Low Salaries with large expectations for employees

Management should drive to employ good sound, efficient management strategies which should help to develop all employees from a career perspective.

Independent Contractor for door to door clients

Former Employee - Independent in Chelsea, MI
    Former Employee - Independent in Chelsea, MI

I worked at Just Energy full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The job makes pretty good money.

Cons

Problem is that you are slaved to your work.

Some management was helpful.

If you want to experience what it's like to be in an infantry regiment, join this company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Just Energy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fast paced environment, okay management in certain areas.

Cons

Management only truly cares about numbers. Only ones that make them look good. No matter how often they mention they appreciate employees efforts, they truly undermine and undervalue the true talent around, often having preference on incompetent managers

Learn to listen to your employees. Place knowledgeable, truly experienced, well rounded managers in the right places rather than relying on someone who may look good on paper but may not be technical, nor have the desire to gain more knowledge.

My experience at Just energy was aweful.

Former Employee - Accounts Billing in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Accounts Billing in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Just Energy

Pros

residual income and high income potential

Cons

commission, travel expenses, no base salary, no medical, no perks to or incentive to keep going.

Take more pride in your employees!!

Great Pay, Tough Work

Current Employee - Just Energy Independent Contractor in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Just Energy Independent Contractor in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Just Energy

Pros

Great pay for the work done. You make as much money as you can work for. The training is great and it really help you understand how to sell.

Cons

The fact is the product being sold is crap. You are selling a product that doesn't help the people who purchase it but actually hurts them. There isn't any base pay and no benefits.

If at all possible, create a product that Independent Contractors are proud to sell. Any IC that really understands the program knows that "Price Protection" isn't what we say it is.

I was a crew coordinator

Current Freelancer - Crew Coordinator in Cambridge, ON (Canada)
    Current Freelancer - Crew Coordinator in Cambridge, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Just Energy (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good place to meet new people. Everyone gets along. Taught me everything about cold calling

Cons

The commission is awful. Regional mangers promote people their sleeping with rather then those who sell. (I have most deals in company history in a week)

Fix your regionals.

Was not to bad but very disorganized

I worked at Just Energy

Pros

Good managEra very helpful

Cons

Did not know what I was doing

Help more