JustFab Reviews

Updated March 18, 2015
33 reviews filtered by
3.8
Adam Goldenberg

Amazing corporate culture with an incredible level of integrity. Truly focused on its mission.

Current Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at JustFab full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone here loves what they do and believes strongly in this company. There is a high level of collaboration. Leadership is completely transparent, very confident but not arrogant. Not afraid to make mistakes, admit when they do, and learn from them. Incredible opportunity to be a part of the growth.

Cons

The company is still relatively new, so it has the normal growth challenges for a 5 year old company. But these are really opportunities to improve. And this company's leadership is not afraid to admit it needs to make changes when necessary.

Continue being transparent and continue to evolve this wonderful culture.

By far one of the most rewarding employment experiences!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at JustFab full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Great Culture!
    - Transparency from the top!
    - Awesome new digs with a cafe, a bar and plenty of formal and informal meeting spaces
    - Great balance between start-up and corporate environment
    - JustFab has experienced phenomenal growth which presents countless opportunities for personal and professional development, but you gotta go after it on your own!
    - It's a fun category for anyone from any background to work in... It's fashion!
    - Discounted Gym Membership

Cons

Not for the faint of heart. This company truly lives by the work hard play hard mantra! So much opportunity presents great pressure to remain relevant in one's role. If you are not ready to commit a good chunk of your life, energy and soul, turn away now. Everyone is expected to manage their roles and decisions as if you owned the company yourself. You can't just come here and expect to succeed because you show up and work a full shift or stay long hours. You have to know how to identify the right work to do, execute it and be accountable for yourself. Bring your passion bucket and make sure it's full!

So you got this far? Great! You haven't been discouraged with the above? Perfect. I can't wait to meet you!

Like any company, there are cons, but in the case of JustFab they are mostly related to growth. Some examples are:
    - In some cases, the company has outgrown some of it's employees and leadership ( but I see that changing already)
    - Some of the technology that is employed by the company is outdated, particularly internal systems
    - Extremely fast paced company, slightly below ultra fast paced even though it feels that way sometimes
    - Traffic on Rosecrans can really make a great day totally suck!
    - Long hours, not because you are forced or mandated by management, the job simply calls for it and if you care about your job you will find yourself working 10-12 hours

Tuition re-reimbursement would be great at some point as well as some sort of 401k matching at all levels regardless of your salary bracket. I'd love to call JustFab my home for the next 10-15 years. Make it happen!

WHEN PASSIONATE PEOPLE CROSS THEIR LIFE PATH WITH EVEN MORE PASSIONATE LEADERS.

Current Employee - Training Manager in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Training Manager in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at JustFab full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There is no better place to be than here, the place where your have the freedom, trust and guidance to follow your dream, explore and share your creativity, touch hearts and lives of thousands of people, be appreciated and valued at your full potential, enrich your knowledge and ultimately BECOME A VERY HAPPY INDIVIDUAL.
    On a different note, JustFab offers a fun environment, amazing full time benefits, employee only perks and much more.

Cons

If I want this beautiful dream to never end, can that be considered a con? :)

Just a note: We are very fortunate to see you everyday as dedicated as any other employee. What an example and inspiration to all of us.

Does SPECTACULAR mean anything?

I have been working at JustFab full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Phenomenal work environment where we are able to live out our own ideas and suggestions based on the needs of the business. Thoughts are heard and discussed.

Cons

None, a con is always turned into a pro with our team

Best LA Fashion Company To Work For

Current Employee - Social Media in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Social Media in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at JustFab full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

People: You spend 80% of your life at work, and you want to work with people you like. I've experienced a lot of team building events, big celebrations, small celebrations, and good laughs. I've never experienced favoritism. If you are passionate about your job, don't have performance issues, and your easy to work with, you will be treated with respect by management.
    Transparency: Though the organization is growing quickly. The execs are trying to fight bureaucracy. CEO makes everyone feel like they have a voice, and there are constant calls for feedback via 15five (feedback tool) and also surveys. There are regular townhalls and weekly KPI meetings, so the entire organization has insight into how the company is doing.
    Benefits: In the last few months, they have built a highly capable HR team. JustFab covers 100% of healthcare for singles who choose HMO. I have the PPO, but as a woman just in the workplace, having my org pay for my healthcare was great. Not to mention, we get a stellar gym discount and have a full-service cafe with healthy food options on the 1st floor. You also get a discount on shoes and get to work in a beautiful office.
    HR/Management: I value my relationship with my manager, and its one of the reasons I enjoy my job. The management style that is passed down and taught to the rest of the team, is one of open communication, accountability, innovation, and entrepreneurialism. There is a lot of work to do, but an importance put on managers finding resources and breaking down hurdles.

Cons

Career Pathing: This is something I've experienced at many start ups, the growth plan for individuals is not clear. You can be at the company for 3+ years, and not be clear on what your next steps are and what you need to learn/do to get there. Promotions are more often based on business need.
    Ongoing Training: Having more leadership training events for new managers and old managers, would help us build stronger teams and a stronger organization.

I've lost rockstars on my team, because the career path wasn't there. We want to keep rockstars at the organization, so this should be prioritized.

Great company, growing fast, awesome company culture

Former Employee - Communications Coordinator in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Communications Coordinator in El Segundo, CA

I worked at JustFab full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- My supervisor was amazing. So kind, made herself available, and when I left the company she was supportive and excited for me. Not everyone had that experience at JustFab, but I loved my boss.
    - Company culture (awesome office parties, casual fashionable dress, teams celebrate birthdays together)
    - Amazing coworkers
    - Management listens to employees
    - Decent benefits and time off
    - Kitchen stocked with snacks and breakfast items
    - Best perk: the discounted gym membership at Spectrum South Bay
    - Really cool office, and since then the company has moved into an even cooler office!

Cons

- Not eligible for full bonus your first year
    - Sometimes teams/brands don't cross-collaborate
    - Growing pains from the company expanding so quickly (lack of communication, space, etc.)

- Don't run so many simultaneous promotions.
    - Invest in higher quality customer service. The few times I had to actually call customer service for one of my orders, it was painfully bad. Usually I just had coworkers process returns/exchanges/etc. for me, but when I called in it made me realize what our customers had to deal with.
    - I was fortunate enough to be on a team that got a lot of samples and perks. I could tell some of the other teams felt a little snubbed that they didn't get as much free swag.

Great place to work

I have been working at JustFab

Pros

Encourages personal and work development and success.

Cons

Communication-ongoing opportunity, the company is constantly working towards improvement

A lot of flash and no substance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at JustFab full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Fully subsidized HMO healthcare
    - Some very nice co-workers

Cons

- The company talks at length about culture and how much it values it's employees, but with the exception of healthcare benefits, does not show it. It's all smoke and mirrors.
    - Management is under qualified and often painfully inefficient
    - Vacation policy is awful. Salaried employees accrue PTO hourly for 8 hours of work/day. I don't know ANYONE who only works 8 hour days. Expect 10+ hour days
    - Internal growth seems political and not merit based. When people are promoted within, they are paid poorly. I don't believe the company genuinely cares about internal growth, I believe they want to fill roles internally in order to save money on external hires.
    - Low pay

I would MUCH rather have better pay, tuition reimbursement, 401k matching, on-site education, more flexible vacation, more resources, etc. than a flashy office space and beach parties. These superficial things are not fooling everyone. Provide things that really matter to employes. Continue to focus on management training.

Most Challenging Career I've Had - LOVE every minute

Current Employee - Director in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Director in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at JustFab

Pros

When I joined JustFab Inc I was looking for a career where I could be challenged, stretched and pushed - I have found my home. This is a place where you get out what you put in - meaning, that if you speak up, provide solutions, are open to feedback, have a get-up-and-go attitude and are flexible - you will love it. I have grown so much in my current role. The company has grown very fast and I think it's pretty remarkable what they have achieved in 4 years, still lots to do and from where I sit the executive and leadership team is super focused to fixing "bugs"

Culture/Environment - love the events, humor and people. It certainly is a fast paced environment - which is typical of a senior start-up and those who join should be aware and embrace this

Promotions- we had a town-hall in January where they shared that over 50 people where promoted last year - excited to see the company promoting and investing in their employess

Cons

Business is growing super fast , which means that there is lots to do. I don't mind the workload or hours as we scale the business

would love to see more family-centered events (I'm proud of where I work and would love to incorporate my family)

Terrible management!

Former Employee - Social Media in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Social Media in El Segundo, CA

I worked at JustFab full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great location and nice installations.

Cons

The company is growing super fast and the people on management don't posses the correct skills to manage workload and to lead the teams. In addition promotions are getting harder to get since if you are not best friends with a director you can't get promoted. The company growth is bringing a bad side since they purchased a new building and they lost a lawsuit so they are trying to reduce costs so they laid off a bunch of people and added a bunch of works to the ones left. It is a really bad working environment right now.
    In addition the HR department is asking new employees to post good reviews on glassdor so watch out for the 5 stars.

Get the appropriate training to lead and start diving workloads properly instead of leaving everything to one person.