JustFab Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.6
Adam Goldenberg

Incredible culture - they walk the walk

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at JustFab full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work hard play hard Senior leadership values innovation and transparency Incredible health benefits Huge growth opportunities Family atmosphere - welcome with open arms Incredible resumes of staff, very knowledgeable in their fields

Cons

Because so many processes are being developed, if you are not self driven and resourceful, this may be a difficult role for you

Advice to Management

Don't allow this current culture to slip as the company grows

2. Overall a great company!

I have been working at JustFab full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Promotes work/life balance -Competitive salary -Positive/fun work environment

Cons

-Some positions are filled with underqualified individuals -Fast growth so processes are still either undefined -Certain departments experience promotions faster than others

Advice to Management

Accountability needs to start from the top.

Great place to work

I have been working at JustFab full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Entrepreneur type of work environment. Experienced senior leadership team. Solid business model with high growth. Fun work environment.

Cons

Medical benefits are fairly expensive. Stock is only available to Directors and above.

Advice to Management

As the company grows and becomes more successful make sure to share the successes through better benefits and stock options for everyone.

5. Fast Paced, Fast Growing Company

I have been working at JustFab full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Energetic fast paced company. Experiencing tremendous growth lending to new learning experiences and upward movement.

Cons

Health care is very expensive. The compensation is well below market average. This issue has caused some good candidates to look elsewhere and some good employees to leave for more money.

Advice to Management

Focus on driving the entrepreneurial culture you wish to have. Decisions and change come almost exclusively from the top down.

Fast Fashion

Former Employee - Merchant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Merchant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at JustFab full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Overall, it's one of the best places I've worked at. Benefits and perks are pretty decent compared to the market and it's fashion, it's meant to be fun at least some of the time and the CEO seems to get that. Environment is generally laid back and there serve groundworks coffee.

Cons

They're striving to be a fast fashion brand yet no one has ever really worked in fast fashion with the exception of a few, but their voices do not get heard because of hierarchical mid-level management. Sorority girl culture with lots of favoritism on one extreme and a mean-girls-attitude on the other. None of the teams seem to really want to work together or help each other even though it's one company and one goal. This is strange to me but makes sense as each team's tone is set by its leaders. Also, procedures need help - not very clear communication throughout the channels and departments. People and groups get excluded all the time. Executives are really smart but again, not much fast-fashion/retail experience, so they are learning as they go.

Advice to Management

Set the tone for a "we are ONE company" culture lest the underlying divisions continue to grow.

7. Technical Manager

Current Employee - Technical Manager
    Current Employee - Technical Manager

I have been working at JustFab full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of upward mobility. Creative positions are probably more satisfied. Marketing team is good.

Cons

This same upward mobility allows for inexperienced managers in director and executive positions. However, this situation should improve with time. Currently though, there's a lot of on-the-job training at the executive level.

I love working for the company as a whole, but my department lacks the support needed to be lead to excellence.

Current Employee - Accounts Payable in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at JustFab full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

JustFab is a one on the best companies that I've worked for.

Cons

The daily struggle with lack of knowledge not just of upper management and management but also, the comfort level of the manager not having the desire to want to know there job to be able to support the team with theirs.

Advice to Management

The best way for the accounts payable department to be noticed for its hard work is for upper management to get involved and be a part of the solution.

9. FAB4LIFE

Current Employee - Executive in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Executive in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at JustFab full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Tremendous opportunity to grow personally and professionally. Actually live up to company values. Facility is incredible. Company trajectory is incredible.

Cons

Work Life Balance can be a challenge. You need to be all in. Very demanding, not for the feint of heart. Compensation is on the low end of market.

Advice to Management

Increase investment in improving employee compensation, particularly your superstars and the folks that have helped move the company to where it its.

10. Things have been busy

Current Employee - Junior IT Tech in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Junior IT Tech in Louisville, KY

I have been working at JustFab full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is opportunity with this company. I've watched two of my recent co-workers receive promotion in recent weeks, one of which was promoted twice in less than a year. I am fortunate that my area is led by some very competent individuals of high skill. These people listen well to what their team asks for and does their best at trying to provide what our group requests. Sometimes this isn't possible, but that is always conveyed to us clearly with exact reasons, no BS. Even the lowest members have everything they need to maintain situational awareness. My time with this company has also created a lot of learning opportunities for me, whether it's putting my nose in a book, working on a project that seems over my head, but really isn't, or chatting with some of the managers about leadership skills, the lessons are there if you ask and listen. This company has pointed me down a path that excites me. A lot is expected of you.

Cons

A lot is expected of you. Not everyone will get what they want out of this company. If you are looking for a company that holds your hand and teaches you step by step, you will get that for a while, but the frustration will begin to show. The pay is fairly low for the position I'm in. Biggest con for sure as money issues are a common factor in causing instability in American lives. It literally makes a worker worse than their potential. That can make people seem lazy or unfocused, when in reality they are likely just unnecessarily stressed about maintaining basic needs.

Advice to Management

Look into your most successful areas within on issues we are having. Where we may be having one issue in one area, that isn't always true for another. This alone can unlock a lot of unused potential in this company.

Accountant

I worked at JustFab full-time

Pros

Great parking, on site Cafeteria, casual attire, flexible hours.

Cons

Loud chaotic work environment. Open concept office, concrete floors and ceiling. Music is played throughout the office, including the bathrooms. Feels like a club scene. Inconsiderate co-workers talking loudly across the large work area. Not conducive to concentration and productivity. Very young, immature anti-social workforce. Newbies have a hard time breaking into the little clicks. Everyone has their own little groups and doesn’t make an effort to reach out to other groups. Perfect example of High School mentality extended into the work place. No cooperation between departments. Poor Management. Lack of communication at all levels.

Advice to Management

Grow up!! Turn off the music. Create a healthy environment where people are evaluated based on job performance.

RSS Feed </> Embed