JustFab

Updated September 1, 2014
Updated September 1, 2014
4.0

Adam Goldenberg

A great fun and innovative company to work for

Former Employee - Social Media in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Social Media in El Segundo, CA

I worked at JustFab full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I had a ton of opportunity to grow and advance in my career over a 4 year period. Its a great and fun work environment where you feel like not only being apart of something great but also a family.

Cons

Nothing much to say. I wish this companies continued success.

Always remember to have open communication :)

Sep 9, 2014Recruitment Coordinator

Thank you for the positive feedback and advice in your review! We are always lookings for ways to improve. If you have great ideas to share in regards to improving communication we would love to hear ... More

JustBad

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at JustFab full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you land in the right department, you can experience a great company culture. There is a fully stocked bar in the office, snacks/breakfast items, beer cart Fridays, really fun company parties... The company is also growing very fast and expanding into new categories which is exciting to see. Unfortunately, because of this factor, many executives are focused on profit and hitting numbers as opposed to managing their teams and maintaining a happy and collaborative work environment.

Cons

The cons definitely outweigh the pros at this company. By industry standards, salaries are very much on the low end and instead of promoting and rewarding the hard workers, executives often carry a "you're replaceable" attitude. Very discouraging and creates a toxic environment to work in at times. They love to have company wide meetings highlighting how successful the business is doing, but it's all smoke and mirrors to brainwash you into thinking this is a great place to work at.

Start rewarding people based on hard work, not who is friends with the CEO/executive leadership team. HR needs to focus on executive level training/management, because where that's the real weakness is at the company. It's been a great learning experience but I have watched many hardworking, talented people begin to leave due to feeling overworked, underpaid, and undervalued. My manager has specifically said to me she is unsure of growth opportunities available within our team, and after hearing this, I am definitely ready to jump ship.

Sep 9, 2014Recruitment Coordinator

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your honesty and committment to the company to help us improve in these areas. After having launched the new organizational Health survey our executive team ... More

They're Selling Dreams

I have been working at JustFab

Pros

There are couple of Pros for working at JustFab, but none are absolutely amazing. You get breakfast and snacks (none of which stay stocked. They run out before restocking weekly), Beer Cart Fridays, We also have a bar (but seems purposeless because you always run the risk of your boss getting mad at you for being at the bar, even on fridays at 5pm, even though you've completed all your tasks), and we have company sponsored events like happy hours, beach party, holiday party etc., and you're bound to click with a co-worker or two.

Cons

Where do I start. Well, I guess I could start with management. It always feel like under qualified people are in these positions because they almost NEVER know what they're doing, if they're doing anything at all. I've been with the company for a couple of years and there is no career path here. They talk about how they want their employees here for years and years and how there's all this room for growth but I don't see it. I ask my superior what my next steps are to advancing my career and nobody knows. That's literally what my superior said to me. Very discouraging. Pay is also terrible. I started doing research on my position and what other companies in the area are paying and JustFab is definitely on the low end. You would think after being there for so long I would have gotten a couple of raises by now, or at least a significant one. But Unfortunately I haven't. No matter how hard I work I just feel like it goes unnoticed, because things are getting done and as long as things are getting done that's all that superiors seem to be concerned about. I'm officially starting my job hunt to take the next step in my career.

Having qualified people in these management positions is vital.

Sep 9, 2014Recruitment Coordinator

Thank you, we appreciate your feedback. With the new role of VP of HR being added this year and recent launch of organizational health survey, we will be paying close attention to all the employee ... More

Ummm no. Stay away

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at JustFab full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free alcohol. Cheap shoes. Decent food options in the area.

Cons

Serious lack of concise direction and anyone who knows how to manage. For anyone who wants to get their job done, there is a serious roadmap to navigate. Mostly egos and lack of best practices. Lack of original ideas or a culture that fosters them. Failure to recognize accomplishment. Culture is beyond terrible.

Please learn how to manage.

It is a fast-paced, energetic place to work with a lot of opportunity for advancement within the company.

Former Employee - Member Services
    Former Employee - Member Services

I worked at JustFab full-time

Pros

Exciting place to work because of all the growth and changes. Encourages a lot of fun, creative thinking and listens to employees at all levels. Provides many channels for communication.

Cons

You definitely need to be ready to roll with the changes and the challenges of ecommerce. You have to be quick on your toes. Workload was intense at times and required many overtime hours.

May 15, 2014Director of Recruitment

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback.

Great Culture - work hard, play hard!

I have been working at JustFab full-time

Pros

Great company culture, exciting environment, never a dull moment. Consistently striving for improvements, keeping the company abreast of all updates, and making sure employees are happy in their role. Definitely lots of opportunity for career growth in a mentoring environment.

Cons

Fast-paced atmosphere and some roles may have a heavy work load at times, can be difficult for those not up for the challenge. If you are looking for an opportunity to shine, help build upon a brand or improve processes, have a meaningful impact in a department, than JustFab is right for you.

May 8, 2014Director of Recruitment

Thank you so much for the review - we love the feedback. Look out for great things ahead for our employee's in 2014!

Great

I worked at JustFab

Pros

Great work and fun balance, family environment will be close with all co workers. pay is competitive few perks with working with the company.

Cons

No since of direction from upper management, company will keep you as attempt to hire for the longest with out any benefits.

company was outsourced please consider the lives of the company that help build you from the ground up.

Best Career Decision - Joining JustFab Inc.

I have been working at JustFab full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Dynamic, Very fast-paced environment - the company is always looking to improve and get better
    - The culture here is second to none. Fun, happy and everyone is so motivated
    - 5 min from the beach - love eating lunch on the sand!
    - Kitchens are fully stocked with snacks, breakfast and treats

Cons

- To be successful you have to love multi-tasking. Not uncommon to manage and coordinate 20 projects at once

Would like to see more leadership development programs

Excellent place to work

I have been working at JustFab full-time

Pros

Great culture, dynamic atmosphere just all around great people

Cons

If you can handle fast paced changing environment this is not the place for you.

Incredible People, Incredible Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at JustFab full-time (less than an year)

Pros

* Company Culture: It's true, JustFab has the best company culture I've ever experienced in my career. The CEOs truly care about creating the best place to work in LA, which JustFab is. There are company-sponsored events, happy hours and community-driven initiatives that all contribute to making JustFab a fun place to work.

* Career Growth Opportunities: There is a lot of opportunity for growth, and the company makes it a point to promote or hire from within. Employees are genuinely valued and hard work is recognized.

* Fast-paced, entrepreneurial spirit: While the company is incredibly successful, there is still a sense of a start-up environment. Priorities and strategies can shift suddenly - the fast-paced environment might not be for everyone, but it's exciting to be a part of the most successful subscription company in the industry. New ideas are welcomed and everyone is encouraged to share their thoughts and opinions - even if you don't all agree.

* Amazing teams: We work with some of the best and brightest in the industry. It's inspiring working with so many smart and passionate people, including our brilliant CEOs!

* Shoes, shoes, and more shoes. And purses. And jewelry. And denim...and awesome activewear: If you love fashion, you will love working at JustFab!!

Cons

* The company is growing so fast, we have outgrown our headquarters, but will be moving into a brand new, custom-built campus in 2014!

* You will quickly run out of closet space working here :)

* Would love to see more cross-functional meetings for important initiatives as it sometimes feels like teams are not aware of what each other is working on or how we all contribute to the bigger picture.

* Would love to understand what the company's goals are for 2014 and beyond so we know what we are all working towards.