Justice Just for Girls

Updated December 8, 2014
3.2

Justice Just for Girls Chairman & CEO Michael W. Rayden
Michael W. Rayden

Pros
  • Justice Just for Girls was what I would call my first real job, it was fun to work there (in 13 reviews)

• Very flexible hours, friendly co-workers, great for a first job (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Starting pay is minimum wage for Brand Reps even with years of retail experience (in 24 reviews)

• The pay was minimum wage and there was not room to grow (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company, little pay

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Justice Just for Girls full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Love the people, the training, the customer, and the product

Cons

The company doesn't set stores the receive the brothers store up for success. Also the pay is not equal to the work that is expected. With a college degree and two years in the position it would nice to make more than $12 an hour.

Work more with the stores to figure out what is working and what isn't and actually do something to make a difference.

Mostly positive experience working at Justice, with a few drawbacks.

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Justice Just for Girls full-time

Pros

Justice is one of the only retailers I've worked for that values and understands the importance of your home life and personal needs, with a huge emphasis on making sure you have two days off a week and excellent benefits and Paid Time Off perks (if you're a full-time employee). Overall, our area's clientele is friendly and easy to work with, and it can be very rewarding helping some of our "tween" girls boost their confidence and self-esteem while shopping with them. Our upper management (in this area, at least) is incredibly supportive (for the large part) and our staff is mostly filled with fun, hard-working people.

Cons

The pay is not competitive at all. Although the benefits are very good, I think wages need to be raised. Also, there is a lot of "double-work" caused by frequent changes and updates with promotions, marketing, and visuals. It can be frustrating at times constantly changing all of the store's signage, explaining various discounts and coupons to customers, and effectively completing all the freight, markdown, and other tasks in the time given while making sure to prioritize the customer, delegate and follow-up with employees, and guarantee payroll is in line with requirements. Additionally, we are sometimes scheduled with one-person coverage for the entire store for hours at a time, which can be overwhelming during busier moments, and makes it really difficult to multitask assisting customers, performing tasks, answering the phone, checking e-mails, completing paperwork, and deterring theft.

More competitive wages would attract even more talent and prevent current employees from leaving for better pay elsewhere. Overall, more consistency with planning marketing changes, and hopefully reducing the frequency of them, would help. A reworking of the scheduling templates to greatly reduce single-person coverage would be beneficial for the company as well--it would cost more, but the quality of service would improve with more than one person on the salesfloor, making for a better experience for the customer and better coverage for deterring theft and completing tasks.

Amazing

I worked at Justice Just for Girls part-time

Pros

very friendly, extremely organized, very easy to work with personal schedule

Cons

very glittery, lots of neon, not the best fashion styles all the time

I loved working at justice

I have been working at Justice Just for Girls

Pros

amazing co workers, good starter job, loved going to work

Cons

nothing really, pay if your looking for more than a part time high school job

Great job for college students

I have been working at Justice Just for Girls

Pros

Flexible hours that are very accommodation for college students

Cons

Retail is a test in patience

Justice for girls fun place to work as a job not a career

Current Employee - Assistant Sales Leader in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Assistant Sales Leader in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at Justice Just for Girls full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A really personalabe job. Really hands on with customers.

Cons

Pay really low compared to other retailers. Shifts are really short.

It sucked.

Former Employee - Brand Representative in Jeffersonville, OH
    Former Employee - Brand Representative in Jeffersonville, OH

I worked at Justice Just for Girls part-time (less than an year)

Pros

They had a friendly staff, most people were nice...

Cons

Management wanted to be friends rather than managers. Hours sucked really bad (only got like 4 hours a week). A lot of sparkles and cleaning at the end of the day.

Be a manager before being a friend.

Great first job

Current Employee - Brand Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Brand Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Justice Just for Girls (more than an year)

Pros

Great job as a teenage girl. I've met so many amazing ladies being employed here.
    Pay start off was $0.25 above minimum wage
    Flexible with hours
    Laid back work enviornment
    Being able to work with young girls and Moms.
    Good hours during the holidays, year round I have been getting good hours as a brand rep because I offer to take people's shifts when needed and I have open availability

Cons

The company seems un organized, Floor sets are sometimes difficult because they will move an entire cabinet each floor set. Sometimes we don't have a lot of what we are supposed to.

The "40%" off the whole store is very annoying - it's really not a deal and people get upset because they can't use it with their jbucks.

No employee discount. Technically, it's 40% off but you cant use it with the 40% off the whole store, which is ALL the time.

Sales are getting boring. People just expect the flash sales now, it seems like there are 2-4 in a month.

Outdated computer systems

Get rid of the 40% off the whole store. If I could change one thing about the company, it would be that.

Better, more interesting sales and events. Maybe some meet and greets.

So far so good

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Justice Just for Girls full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Finally a retail place that offers payroll. We actually have someone who comes in especially to do freight. So I can help my customers and build sales and talk to people. Heavenly worked a month but management is great, even the cm is cool. After 20 years in retail, big box and boutique, I am really enjoying sell!

Cons

I hate paperwork. Luckily my ssm loves it...but eventually I will have to really understand those numbers and multitudes of papers. She seems like a good teacher and genuinely wants our store and team and me to be a success. No other cons. Wow basically none!

Management is very friendly. Expectations are achievable because they give us payroll. Freight is easy to keep a handle on. Earlier ups freight am deliveries would be better. And get rid of those merchandise credit slips. Customers don't like these "old" ways of paperwork, they want to carry credits via gift cards. Plus the merchandise credits are difficult for the new employees to process when a customer is buying with a merchant credit, doesn't use it all, then we have to issue another merchant credit... we get the 2 pieces of paper mixed up and put the wrong one in the printer...then we have to avoid the sale and restart...gift cards are the New Way to offer Store Credit...JUST Jump on the train.

Perfect job

Current Employee - Lead Brand Representative in Evans, GA
    Current Employee - Lead Brand Representative in Evans, GA

I have been working at Justice Just for Girls part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Everything is fun and exciting, especially around the holidays!

Cons

A lot of times we don't get in the merchandise we need for a floorset.

Justice Just for Girls Photos