Justice Just for Girls

Updated November 23, 2014
3.2

Justice Just for Girls Chairman & CEO Michael W. Rayden
Michael W. Rayden

Pros
  • Justice Just for Girls was what I would call my first real job, it was fun to work there (in 13 reviews)

• Very flexible hours, friendly co-workers, great for a first job (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Starting pay is minimum wage for Brand Reps even with years of retail experience (in 24 reviews)

• The pay was minimum wage and there was not room to grow (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

Great job for college students

I have been working at Justice Just for Girls

Pros

Flexible hours that are very accommodation for college students

Cons

Retail is a test in patience

Great first job

Current Employee - Brand Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Brand Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Justice Just for Girls (more than an year)

Pros

Great job as a teenage girl. I've met so many amazing ladies being employed here.
    Pay start off was $0.25 above minimum wage
    Flexible with hours
    Laid back work enviornment
    Being able to work with young girls and Moms.
    Good hours during the holidays, year round I have been getting good hours as a brand rep because I offer to take people's shifts when needed and I have open availability

Cons

The company seems un organized, Floor sets are sometimes difficult because they will move an entire cabinet each floor set. Sometimes we don't have a lot of what we are supposed to.

The "40%" off the whole store is very annoying - it's really not a deal and people get upset because they can't use it with their jbucks.

No employee discount. Technically, it's 40% off but you cant use it with the 40% off the whole store, which is ALL the time.

Sales are getting boring. People just expect the flash sales now, it seems like there are 2-4 in a month.

Outdated computer systems

Get rid of the 40% off the whole store. If I could change one thing about the company, it would be that.

Better, more interesting sales and events. Maybe some meet and greets.

So far so good

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Justice Just for Girls full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Finally a retail place that offers payroll. We actually have someone who comes in especially to do freight. So I can help my customers and build sales and talk to people. Heavenly worked a month but management is great, even the cm is cool. After 20 years in retail, big box and boutique, I am really enjoying sell!

Cons

I hate paperwork. Luckily my ssm loves it...but eventually I will have to really understand those numbers and multitudes of papers. She seems like a good teacher and genuinely wants our store and team and me to be a success. No other cons. Wow basically none!

Management is very friendly. Expectations are achievable because they give us payroll. Freight is easy to keep a handle on. Earlier ups freight am deliveries would be better. And get rid of those merchandise credit slips. Customers don't like these "old" ways of paperwork, they want to carry credits via gift cards. Plus the merchandise credits are difficult for the new employees to process when a customer is buying with a merchant credit, doesn't use it all, then we have to issue another merchant credit... we get the 2 pieces of paper mixed up and put the wrong one in the printer...then we have to avoid the sale and restart...gift cards are the New Way to offer Store Credit...JUST Jump on the train.

Great company

I have been working at Justice Just for Girls

Pros

Ok pay, works around schedules.

Cons

No discount. Customers get better discount

DMs need to be more supportive of stores. A lot less pointing out what's wrong

Perfect job

Current Employee - Lead Brand Representative in Evans, GA
    Current Employee - Lead Brand Representative in Evans, GA

I have been working at Justice Just for Girls part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Everything is fun and exciting, especially around the holidays!

Cons

A lot of times we don't get in the merchandise we need for a floorset.

It sucked.

Former Employee - Brand Representative in Jeffersonville, OH
    Former Employee - Brand Representative in Jeffersonville, OH

I worked at Justice Just for Girls part-time (less than an year)

Pros

They had a friendly staff, most people were nice...

Cons

Management wanted to be friends rather than managers. Hours sucked really bad (only got like 4 hours a week). A lot of sparkles and cleaning at the end of the day.

Be a manager before being a friend.

Great place for a first job

Current Employee - Brand Representative in Beachwood, OH
    Current Employee - Brand Representative in Beachwood, OH

I have been working at Justice Just for Girls part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great place to work. You're always kept busy. Customers are a lot of fun. The customers aren't just little girls running in the store, it's mostly moms by themselves. Great management.

Cons

Even when the store is slow, you have to be kept busy. A lead brand rep (not even a manager) threatened to send me home for quickly talking to another associate (even though all of my assigned work was finished & she wasn't assigning me any work). I didn't receive good training.

I needed better all-around training.

Good job first job

I have been working at Justice Just for Girls part-time

Pros

A great job for working high school students, and the opportunity to move into management positions after high school

Cons

very little hours and little pay

Wouldn't recommend if you are actually looking to make some money

Current Employee - Brand Representative
    Current Employee - Brand Representative

I have been working at Justice Just for Girls part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Managers and employees are all very nice. The job itself is pretty easy and there is variety as to what you do each time you work.

Cons

In my opinion, the cons outweigh the pros. The worst thing about this job is the hours. Most of my shifts are "on call" shifts. This means I have to call an hour before to see if they need me and they only need me about half the time. This is extremely inconvenient and I can never make plans because of the possibility I might work. I can go weeks and even months without having a shift where I know I will have to actually come in in advance. On average, I only work about 5 hours a week, so as you can see, I make barely any money. If you have to take a day off or can only work certain days, they "punish" you by not scheduling you at all. It's all very inconvenient and ridiculous.
    Besides the hours, the policies they enforce are very strange and the machines used at the cash register are very outdated. And all the cons associated with retail (rude customers mostly) apply here too. I wouldn't recommended getting a job here unless you don't really want many hours.

Instead of pushing to hire more people (especially for the holidays), give those hours to the people who are already working here. Scheduling everyone only 4 hours a week (or even less) is ridiculous. Also, it is very unnecessary to have 5 managers in such a small store who just take away hours away from employees who have been there longer.

Store manager.

Former Employee - Store Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Justice Just for Girls full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working with little girls and moms on a daily basis.

Cons

Very little work and personal life balance. Company gave very few payroll hours to complete tasks.

Justice Just for Girls Photos