Justifacts

Former employee

Former Employee - Criminal Records Specialist
    Former Employee - Criminal Records Specialist

I worked at Justifacts full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I loved working here. Very friendly and nice staff, They offer many benefits, also a plus is it is Monday through Friday. Major Holidays are paid days off.

Cons

Sometimes the work load can be rather hectic, however, it will only become stressful it you allow it to. Higher ranking staff members do occasionally get on you about meeting strict deadlines that are sometimes out of your control, but just remember that they are trying to please someone as well, that is why you have work!

Management is friendly, overall a great place to work.

Unfortunate Time in My Life

I worked at Justifacts full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The employees at Justifacts were very friendly. I think that everyone but the CEO knew that there were some real morale problems and they were trying to work on that. Plus, the work-life balance was great. Overtime was never required, but frequently offered. The work itself was extremely easy, but it was amazing how many people simply didn't get it.

Cons

The pay was extremely low, and I saw several people leave in the short time I was there because they left for a similar job with much better pay. There is almost no opportunity for higher-level advancement. I was competent at my work and showed up, so I (and many others) ended up covering for a couple of people who rarely showed up. It was very frustrating, and despite some threats to those employees, there was no follow-through. The CEO was absolutely ridiculous in her desire to micromanage her 100 employees. Once, I heard her get into an argument for 20 minutes about whether or not a newer hire should use a headset. Even though many other people in the office do not use them, she insisted that this particular employee use it and even when he insisted it actually slowed him down and was uncomfortable, she would not let it go. It was absolutely crazy that she, someone who is so focused on productivity and numbers, argued with this person, keeping them from their work for that period of time. There were also several times when I personally was shooed out of manager's offices while I was asking questions because the CEO was coming and they didn't want her to think that we were "hanging out." It was insane. I have never seen a group of people so terrified of someone; she thought intimidation was the best motivation. No wonder turnover is so high.

Get in touch with the heart of the company. If you stop acting like you all know how to do our jobs, then people will be much happier.

Upper Management is a Joke

Current Employee - Assistant Account Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Account Manager

I have been working at Justifacts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Just about everyone that works at Justifacts is very friendly and easy to get along with. Your schedule is set and work never conflicts with personal time. The work is fairly easy and you get to contact a lot of interesting places and serve some well known clients.

Cons

Everyone there is under paid. The owner is very greedy and despite everyone doing their part in making this company grow she refuses to increase wages. People are promoted at random by the owner she is the only person with any kind of authority or power. She has a very outdated frame of mind and if she could she would chain all of her employees to their desks. She also belittles employees that dare to get up and make a cup of coffee after 8AM. Overall the biggest problem with Justifacts is the president she is arrogant and closed minded. She has to control everything and everyone. There is no trust and everyone is wound up so tight that there is absolutely no joy in doing this job.

Retire, the company would become so much more than just some Mom and Pop business. Your dated views are in the way of the company making it to the next level.

RUN FAR AWAY!

Former Employee - Middle Management in Murrysville, PA
    Former Employee - Middle Management in Murrysville, PA

I worked at Justifacts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The employees are nice (excluding the owner) and you get a pizza party every once in a blue moon.

Cons

Where to begin.. The owner is the last person who should be running the business. If it wasn't for her there wouldn't have been such a high turnover rate. I saw A LOT of great employees leave because the work environment was horrible. There were a lot of demands that were impossible to meet. When times got extremely busy instead of hiring more employees they demoted people to complete the work. The work environment was gross, by gross I mean there were so many stink bugs in the lights, ceilings, and walking around on the floors that you couldn't help but step on them. The owner use to be a teacher and thought she was the principal of "her school". If she saw you talking to someone (helping someone) she stood right next to you ease dropping on your conversation until you went back to your desk. You basically needed a "hall pass" to even go to the bathroom. She also enjoyed paging people into her office repeatedly which was extremely disruptive when trying to complete your work. Justifacts sucks the life out of people. People openly tell you how much they hate their job and working there. The pay was not good for the amount of work you had to do. They expected too much from their employees and unless you had an appreciative account manager then you never got a "Thank you" (besides the thank you on the good old coffee mugs they give you when you start).. "We appreciate everything you do" --- Please, save your money, we all know you didn't appreciate us. You should have paid us more than buying coffee mugs.

Retire, retire, retire. It is time to let the family members take over the business so it can be run properly and employees can be treated with respect.

Definition of "respect" (since you do not know what it is): A feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.

Justifacts is Just A Job.

Former Employee - Verification Specialist in Murrysville, PA

I worked at Justifacts as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Some nice people. Clean building and nice landscaping. You get one hour for lunch.

Cons

I noticed while I was training, some were hired by the temp agency, while others were hired on direct.
    The one person hired direct had a relative working there, the other one was referred by a friend who works there and they go to the same church. I felt that my education and background was a much better fit, yet was brought in as a temp, while they were hired outright as full-time workers. I didn't see much diversity here either.

The culture here for a verification specialist, temporary worker is terrible. There is little respect, many demands, and very little appreciation.

This is a good job for an automaton. Hire robots as verification specialists.

Great company for young professionals

I worked at Justifacts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is a great company for recent college grads who are looking to gain entry level experience.

Cons

The managers micro manage each employee, to the extreme. They constantly send emails asking why things weren't done a certain way, even if it was done the way you were trained. The training was terrible and once you were trained for 2 days you were expected to perform the job as if you had been there for months. Upper management was even worse. The pay was horrible for what they expect out of you. The managers rarely acknowledged good work and if they did it was a little reward that was basically like receiving nothing at all!

Overall, it was a good place to start fresh out of college. This company has a high turnover rate for a reason.

Give new employees more time to learn the job and stop micromanaging! Pay your employees a little more and acknowledge them when they do something right.

Unnecessarily stressful environment

I worked at Justifacts full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Regular hours and nice coworkers. Pays above minimum wage. Middle management seemed to have relatively low turnover.

Cons

Extreme micromanagement, sometimes unrealistic standards for the amount of work that can be completed within a given time period. The job is not complicated but often depends on waiting for responses from others. There was low job security/high turnover rate at the verification specialist level because of this. I saw many decent employees put on probation or terminated in the short time that I was there.

Stop micromanaging employees. Sometimes it is not possible to get people to respond quickly, especially when contacting employers and schools in other countries. Verification specialists should not be punished because of this.

Not recommended

I worked at Justifacts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Better than retail. If you are desperate for employment, go for it.

Cons

The positive review was clearly written by the president of the company. All you really need to know about working at Justifacts is their ability to retain employees. The benefits package they offer is a joke, especially considering that they only hire employees that have a four year degree. There is very limited opportunity for promotion. They do not advertise open positions within the company and promotions are based on being in the right place at the right time. Employees are constantly micromanaged on all levels. The president of the company regularly calls employees to her office a la a school principal. The worst part about working at Justifacts is they obviously do not care about their employees. For an example, google the words "Justifacts" and "Hazmat".

Hide your disdain and apathy toward your employees a little better.

Interesting place to work

Current Employee - Assistant Account Manager in Murrysville, PA
    Current Employee - Assistant Account Manager in Murrysville, PA

I have been working at Justifacts full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people who work there are fantastic. There's never a dull day. The object is to weed out the undesirables, uncover the truth, and hopefully find our client the best applicants to hire.

Cons

There's no set salary range for each position. If your paid hourly, is non-salary hourly, which sucks because every few months there's a pay period with a day short, then another (before or after) that is a day +. Hard to keep track of and make ends meet unless your diligent about it.

Change pay periods to either bi-weekly or non-salary weekly.

Just terrible

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Justifacts

Pros

An OK place to start if you're just out of school or just getting your career started. That's about it though.

Cons

Management does not respect their employees at all. Opportunity for advancement is completely arbitrary. Salary is low, unless just starting out then it's acceptable. Employees are visibly miserable and will tell you so. Many times treated like a child from senior management. Very unprofessional.

My only advice to management would be to remove certain senior management folks and keep the businesses going like you know how. There are members of management who will take this company forward and continue to grow. But there are others that will continue to hold it back and contribute greatly to the very high turnover rate.

Justifacts Photos

Justifacts Headquarters
Ice Cream Social
The well appreciated doughnuts after a busy week!

+ Add Photo