Justifacts
www.justifacts.com Murrysville, PA 50 to 149 Employees

Justifacts Reviews

Updated Jun 29, 2014

Jeanette Spofford

Great company for young professionals

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis is a great company for recent college grads who are looking to gain entry level experience.

ConsThe managers micro manage each employee, to the extreme. They constantly send emails asking why things weren't done a certain way, even if it was done the way you were trained. The training was terrible and once you were trained for 2 days you were expected to perform the job as if you had been there for months. Upper management was even worse. The pay was horrible for what they expect out of you. The managers rarely acknowledged good work and if they did it was a little reward that was basically like receiving nothing at all!

Overall, it was a good place to start fresh out of college. This company has a high turnover rate for a reason.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive new employees more time to learn the job and stop micromanaging! Pay your employees a little more and acknowledge them when they do something right.

Upper Management is a Joke

Assistant Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsJust about everyone that works at Justifacts is very friendly and easy to get along with. Your schedule is set and work never conflicts with personal time. The work is fairly easy and you get to contact a lot of interesting places and serve some well known clients.

ConsEveryone there is under paid. The owner is very greedy and despite everyone doing their part in making this company grow she refuses to increase wages. People are promoted at random by the owner she is the only person with any kind of authority or power. She has a very outdated frame of mind and if she could she would chain all of her employees to their desks. She also belittles employees that dare to get up and make a cup of coffee after 8AM. Overall the biggest problem with Justifacts is the president she is arrogant and closed minded. She has to control everything and everyone. There is no trust and everyone is wound up so tight that there is absolutely no joy in doing this job.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetire, the company would become so much more than just some Mom and Pop business. Your dated views are in the way of the company making it to the next level.

RUN FAR AWAY!

Middle Management (Former Employee)
    Murrysville, PA

ProsThe employees are nice (excluding the owner) and you get a pizza party every once in a blue moon.

ConsWhere to begin.. The owner is the last person who should be running the business. If it wasn't for her there wouldn't have been such a high turnover rate. I saw A LOT of great employees leave because the work environment was horrible. There were a lot of demands that were impossible to meet. When times got extremely busy instead of hiring more employees they demoted people to complete the work. The work environment was gross, by gross I mean there were so many stink bugs in the lights, ceilings, and walking around on the floors that you couldn't help but step on them. The owner use to be a teacher and thought she was the principal of "her school". If she saw you talking to someone (helping someone) she stood right next to you ease dropping on your conversation until you went back to your desk. You basically needed a "hall pass" to even go to the bathroom. She also enjoyed paging people into her office repeatedly which was extremely disruptive when trying to complete your work. Justifacts sucks the life out of people. People openly tell you how much they hate their job and working there. The pay was not good for the amount of work you had to do. They expected too much from their employees and unless you had an appreciative account manager then you never got a "Thank you" (besides the thank you on the good old coffee mugs they give you when you start).. "We appreciate everything you do" --- Please, save your money, we all know you didn't appreciate us. You should have paid us more than buying coffee mugs.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetire, retire, retire. It is time to let the family members take over the business so it can be run properly and employees can be treated with respect.

Definition of "respect" (since you do not know what it is): A feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Justifacts is Just A Job.

Murrysville, PA

ProsSome nice people. Clean building and nice landscaping. You get one hour for lunch.

ConsI noticed while I was training, some were hired by the temp agency, while others were hired on direct.
    The one person hired direct had a relative working there, the other one was referred by a friend who works there and they go to the same church. I felt that my education and background was a much better fit, yet was brought in as a temp, while they were hired outright as full-time workers. I didn't see much diversity here either.

The culture here for a verification specialist, temporary worker is terrible. There is little respect, many demands, and very little appreciation.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is a good job for an automaton. Hire robots as verification specialists.

Unnecessarily stressful environment

Murrysville, PA

ProsRegular hours and nice coworkers. Pays above minimum wage. Middle management seemed to have relatively low turnover.

ConsExtreme micromanagement, sometimes unrealistic standards for the amount of work that can be completed within a given time period. The job is not complicated but often depends on waiting for responses from others. There was low job security/high turnover rate at the verification specialist level because of this. I saw many decent employees put on probation or terminated in the short time that I was there.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micromanaging employees. Sometimes it is not possible to get people to respond quickly, especially when contacting employers and schools in other countries. Verification specialists should not be punished because of this.

Not recommended

Murrysville, PA

ProsBetter than retail. If you are desperate for employment, go for it.

ConsThe positive review was clearly written by the president of the company. All you really need to know about working at Justifacts is their ability to retain employees. The benefits package they offer is a joke, especially considering that they only hire employees that have a four year degree. There is very limited opportunity for promotion. They do not advertise open positions within the company and promotions are based on being in the right place at the right time. Employees are constantly micromanaged on all levels. The president of the company regularly calls employees to her office a la a school principal. The worst part about working at Justifacts is they obviously do not care about their employees. For an example, google the words "Justifacts" and "Hazmat".

Advice to Senior ManagementHide your disdain and apathy toward your employees a little better.

Interesting place to work

Assistant Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Murrysville, PA

ProsThe people who work there are fantastic. There's never a dull day. The object is to weed out the undesirables, uncover the truth, and hopefully find our client the best applicants to hire.

ConsThere's no set salary range for each position. If your paid hourly, is non-salary hourly, which sucks because every few months there's a pay period with a day short, then another (before or after) that is a day +. Hard to keep track of and make ends meet unless your diligent about it.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange pay periods to either bi-weekly or non-salary weekly.

Just terrible

Pittsburgh, PA

ProsAn OK place to start if you're just out of school or just getting your career started. That's about it though.

ConsManagement does not respect their employees at all. Opportunity for advancement is completely arbitrary. Salary is low, unless just starting out then it's acceptable. Employees are visibly miserable and will tell you so. Many times treated like a child from senior management. Very unprofessional.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy only advice to management would be to remove certain senior management folks and keep the businesses going like you know how. There are members of management who will take this company forward and continue to grow. But there are others that will continue to hold it back and contribute greatly to the very high turnover rate.

There's only ONE issue here - upper management!

ProsNice people
    Interesting work
    Stay busy
    High Profile Clients
    Nice work area

ConsUpper management mico-manages people out the door. I've been here for years and have watched many great employees walk out the door. Some willingly, some not. Sales staff seems lack luster. Old sales staff got more done, but they all got driven away. Too much drama within the department.

Advice to Senior ManagementBack off and let people have some space. Let someone go to the restroom without being harassed about where they were, let someone take a break if they need to get their thoughts together! There are people capable of doing work without your old ideals. Things have changed; embrace it!

Worked for Justifacts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Justifacts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Justifacts CEO Jeanette Spofford. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Justifacts employees.