Kärcher Reviews

Reset
Hartmut Jenner

1. Director

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

Cutting Edge Technology and R&D, tremendous middle management. Karcher has more people in R&D than their competitors have employees world wide.

Cons

Senior management is completely lost, a monarchy - nothing is to difficult for the CEO or EVP's as long as they don't need to do it. The next time Senior management goes out to see a customer will be the first.

Advice to Management

Get out of the office and go interact with your customers, and see what they really want and need. Ask more questions and talk a lot less about yourself and Karcher.

2. Good company with great people.

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Kärcher full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very experienced and knowledgeable staff. Part of the German parent company that is the world leader in power washers. Many recognized brands makes the company the market leader in the United States in professional equipment.

Cons

The different departments don't communicate well and often have conflicting goals. This makes it difficult for the organization to fully realize the potential of the talent.

Advice to Management

Work on improving the synergies between work groups and the company can go great places.

3. Some good things; abusive senior leadership

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Englewood, CO
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Englewood, CO

I worked at Kärcher as a contractor

Pros

Decent pay, good benefits, good work/life balance

Cons

Senior leadership in the corporate office is verbally abusive and there is a culture of bullying. Not enough diversity in the workforce.

Advice to Management

Berating employees is not a perk of your job.

5. Good Company, Bad Managment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I worked at Kärcher full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of great people and customers. The company is strong and stable and lay offs don't really happen.

Cons

No advancement opportunities, Some of the managers are jokes but upper management does nothing to stop them.The new CEO is making some changes but still allows many department heads to get away with treating staff like garbage. Some departments seem better than others. H-R has a lot of turnover.

Advice to Management

Hire and promote leaders. Don't reward bad behavior.

I don't feel management cares about employees in the US.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I worked at Kärcher full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Employee benefits are good. The people I worked with I enjoyed working with and the communications between locations in the states were improving.

Cons

There were too many persons in management and not enough workers to do the actual work. Management I felt worried too much about their own bonuses.

7. Great People, Fun Work Environment

Current Employee - Office Employee in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Office Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Kärcher full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are great and there is a type of a family feel at the company. Most employees have pride in the company and the products we produce. Benefits are also very good and company promotes a healthy lifestyle.

Cons

Pay is marginal and some managers micro manage, but definitely more pros than cons.

Advice to Management

Better communication between departments would help. It's not horrible now, but could use improvement.

Terrible Company

Current Employee - A Title I Wont Have As Soon As I Find Another Job in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Kärcher full-time

Pros

Great benefits Decent pay(but for a price, see below) If you're in management your set for life in your role The un-organization and the problems dept head have with each other makes for a comical environment at times

Cons

Lack of Leadership Lack of advancement unless you big time brown nose Definitely management plays favorites Lack of communication between depts, therefore there's 10 different way to do something, and everyone's way is "right" Lots of turnover Management is clueless what is going on in their depts and probably even their job since they havent done anything since I've been there Management have a monopoly on their positions, they do absolutely nothing but blame their subordinates for things that they screwed up on and were on their plate. Threats in front other employees that certain employee's are "expendable Top level management bc they're on contract from Germany put band-aids on things or turn the other cheek until their contract is up and get their big bonuses and then it is seen what a mess that added up after the fact HR dept ignores complants and does not want to hear it....until things blow up then claim they never got any complaint Training is substandard

Advice to Management

Give your subordinates a chance, but be so cocky and thinking you own the place when CEO/CFO arent around and dont skip out 3 hrs early when the CEO/CFO arent there that day. A little respect would be appreciated

9. Good job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Kärcher full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Karcher North America provides a great work environment. The overall culture is very friendly and open. It is a solid team environment.

Cons

There seems to be a lack opportunities for upward mobility. Often told superiors are very happy with the results of my work, but fail to see it grow into new opportunities.

Advice to Management

I would suggest to management to let employee know what their vision for the career path of an employee looks like. Work together to be on the same page.

Overall a Great Company

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Englewood, CO

I worked at Kärcher full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At the time I was employed, the company was going through the transitional pains of being purchased and combined with multiple other newly acquired companies. This takes years and is stressful for all. Overall executive management did the best they could especially once the economy started to take a turn for the worse. Your experience depends on which brand or "sister-company" you work for. Certain ones had much better management or performance, so they were easier and nicer to work for. Benefits were pretty nice. Health benefits were average coverage, but cost to employees was quite low (1/2 of what I pay now for same coverage). 401k is average, but nice. Company also offers continuing education reimbursement. Employee purchase program was a nice extra as well. Most everyone was very nice and easy to work with. I thought the corporate headquarter office environment, although stressful at times, was very camaraderie. There were many office happy hours or lunches and everyone got along very nicely. Executive management had a very good idea of where the company was heading and handled it the best they could...which is to say better than most. Of course the transitional circumstances certainly made things hard and like all companies, nothing happens over night.

Cons

Company not willing to adjust salary to market expectations in general. If you're hired on at a good place, then you're set. Otherwise you'll be forced to look elsewhere for opportunities. Even trying to be promoted or change positions made it difficult to receive market compensation. Some managers had a "people come and go" outlook towards employee retention. While sometimes necessary for high turnover positions, it was disconcerting when adapted to other positions. HR was lacking while I was there, but the company was still going through the pains of being purchased and combined with multiple corporations.

Advice to Management

Hold onto your good people! Great people make great companies and you really need to embrace that. Adjusting compensation or promoting personnel can be small price to pay in order to keep excellent staff.

Incompetent and Unprofessional Management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Pros

-Pay and Benefits are ok.

Cons

-The HR department does not look out for the employee. Most of HR is unapproachable. -I was told once by management that "people are replaceable"... -Middle level management is incompetent and adds no value while executive management is blind to see that. -Morale was always an issue, no one was ever happy. -There was no career potential/growth. -Managements answer to the recession is increasing workload until people break. Any request for help is ignored. -Turnover is high. People leave becuase they are miserable.

Advice to Management

If Executive Management truly understood what was going on with the Middle Managers and acted on it by replacing the incompetent Middle Management with a functional and effective Manager/Director, it might make the work envoirnment a better place to be. Until then, KNA will remain to be a horrible place to work.

RSS Feed </> Embed