Kärcher Reviews

Updated September 4, 2014
Updated September 4, 2014
2.7

Hartmut Jenner

I don't feel management cares about employees in the US.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I worked at Kärcher full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Employee benefits are good. The people I worked with I enjoyed working with and the communications between locations in the states were improving.

Cons

There were too many persons in management and not enough workers to do the actual work. Management I felt worried too much about their own bonuses.

Good Company, Bad Managment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I worked at Kärcher full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are a lot of great people and customers. The company is strong and stable and lay offs don't really happen.

Cons

No advancement opportunities, Some of the managers are jokes but upper management does nothing to stop them.The new CEO is making some changes but still allows many department heads to get away with treating staff like garbage. Some departments seem better than others. H-R has a lot of turnover.

Hire and promote leaders. Don't reward bad behavior.

Financial Analyst at Karcher North America

I worked at Kärcher full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good team with lots of support.

Cons

Limited opportunities for career development and advancement.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Can be a roller-coaster under the wrong manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Camas, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

I worked at Kärcher full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Kärcher is a family owned business headquartered in Germany. They are dedicated to quality, and have a high regard for employees, education and sound business principles. This combination results in high profits and a secure work environment.

Cons

Perhaps their subsidiaries are too far away from the heart of the company, and the remote leaders do not always understand and/or conform to the culture at the top. It appears at times that there are some who are only interested in their own success, or in the success of their location, which can be harmful to outlying plants and personnel.

Talk to the lower level employees, sometimes the surveys do not address what is really happening. Some long time middle management are hanging onto poor practices.

Staff Accountant

I have been working at Kärcher full-time

Pros

Great work-life balance, flexible hours.

Cons

Not a diverse company, hard to minority workers to fit in because of the "good ole boy" culture the company has.

Bring some diversity to the company.

Great People, Fun Work Environment

Current Employee - Office Employee  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Office Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Kärcher full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people are great and there is a type of a family feel at the company. Most employees have pride in the company and the products we produce. Benefits are also very good and company promotes a healthy lifestyle.

Cons

Pay is marginal and some managers micro manage, but definitely more pros than cons.

Better communication between departments would help. It's not horrible now, but could use improvement.

Terrible Company

Current Employee - A Title I Wont Have As Soon As I Find Another Job  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - A Title I Wont Have As Soon As I Find Another Job in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Kärcher full-time

Pros

Great benefits
    Decent pay(but for a price, see below)
    If you're in management your set for life in your role
    The un-organization and the problems dept head have with each other makes for a comical environment at times

Cons

Lack of Leadership
    Lack of advancement unless you big time brown nose
    Definitely management plays favorites
    Lack of communication between depts, therefore there's 10 different way to do something, and everyone's way is "right"
    Lots of turnover
    Management is clueless what is going on in their depts and probably even their job since they havent done anything since I've been there
    Management have a monopoly on their positions, they do absolutely nothing but blame their subordinates for things that they screwed up on and were on their plate.
    Threats in front other employees that certain employee's are "expendable
    Top level management bc they're on contract from Germany put band-aids on things or turn the other cheek until their contract is up and get their big bonuses and then it is seen what a mess that added up after the fact
    HR dept ignores complants and does not want to hear it....until things blow up then claim they never got any complaint
    Training is substandard

Give your subordinates a chance, but be so cocky and thinking you own the place when CEO/CFO arent around and dont skip out 3 hrs early when the CEO/CFO arent there that day. A little respect would be appreciated

Good job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Kärcher full-time for more than a year

Pros

Karcher North America provides a great work environment. The overall culture is very friendly and open. It is a solid team environment.

Cons

There seems to be a lack opportunities for upward mobility. Often told superiors are very happy with the results of my work, but fail to see it grow into new opportunities.

I would suggest to management to let employee know what their vision for the career path of an employee looks like. Work together to be on the same page.

Overall a Great Company

Former Employee - Financial Analyst  in  Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Englewood, CO

I worked at Kärcher full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

At the time I was employed, the company was going through the transitional pains of being purchased and combined with multiple other newly acquired companies. This takes years and is stressful for all. Overall executive management did the best they could especially once the economy started to take a turn for the worse.

Your experience depends on which brand or "sister-company" you work for. Certain ones had much better management or performance, so they were easier and nicer to work for.

Benefits were pretty nice. Health benefits were average coverage, but cost to employees was quite low (1/2 of what I pay now for same coverage). 401k is average, but nice. Company also offers continuing education reimbursement. Employee purchase program was a nice extra as well.

Most everyone was very nice and easy to work with. I thought the corporate headquarter office environment, although stressful at times, was very camaraderie. There were many office happy hours or lunches and everyone got along very nicely.

Executive management had a very good idea of where the company was heading and handled it the best they could...which is to say better than most. Of course the transitional circumstances certainly made things hard and like all companies, nothing happens over night.

Cons

Company not willing to adjust salary to market expectations in general. If you're hired on at a good place, then you're set. Otherwise you'll be forced to look elsewhere for opportunities. Even trying to be promoted or change positions made it difficult to receive market compensation.

Some managers had a "people come and go" outlook towards employee retention. While sometimes necessary for high turnover positions, it was disconcerting when adapted to other positions.

HR was lacking while I was there, but the company was still going through the pains of being purchased and combined with multiple corporations.

Hold onto your good people! Great people make great companies and you really need to embrace that. Adjusting compensation or promoting personnel can be small price to pay in order to keep excellent staff.

Incompetent and Unprofessional Management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Kärcher

Pros

-Pay and Benefits are ok.

Cons

-The HR department does not look out for the employee. Most of HR is unapproachable.
    -I was told once by management that "people are replaceable"...
    -Middle level management is incompetent and adds no value while executive management is blind to see that.
    -Morale was always an issue, no one was ever happy.
    -There was no career potential/growth.
    -Managements answer to the recession is increasing workload until people break. Any request for help is ignored.
    -Turnover is high. People leave becuase they are miserable.

If Executive Management truly understood what was going on with the Middle Managers and acted on it by replacing the incompetent Middle Management with a functional and effective Manager/Director, it might make the work envoirnment a better place to be. Until then, KNA will remain to be a horrible place to work.

Worked for Kärcher? Contribute to the Community!