Kärcher

Updated October 27, 2014
Updated October 27, 2014
2.6

Hartmut Jenner

I don't feel management cares about employees in the US.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I worked at Kärcher full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Employee benefits are good. The people I worked with I enjoyed working with and the communications between locations in the states were improving.

Cons

There were too many persons in management and not enough workers to do the actual work. Management I felt worried too much about their own bonuses.

Some good things; abusive senior leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I worked at Kärcher as a contractor

Pros

Decent pay, good benefits, good work/life balance

Cons

Senior leadership in the corporate office is verbally abusive and there is a culture of bullying. Not enough diversity in the workforce.

Berating employees is not a perk of your job.

Bad middle management

Current Employee - Marketing Communications Manager in Camas, WA
    Current Employee - Marketing Communications Manager in Camas, WA

I have been working at Kärcher full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The over-all vibe from colleagues within the Camas location is pleasant and helpful.

Cons

Due to it being a large conglomerate, many of the complaints from lower end jobs are left unheard, or brushed under the rug. Like many Corporate America companies, you are over-worked and underpaid, and not given much consideration. People who have been there for many years with higher up positions get away with harassment and unprofessional behavior due to favoritism with upper management. Their corporate environment of every office needing to be "standard", look the same, and policies and procedures with every single task, take away from having any personality. It's a very rigid environment, you either comply, or you wont fit in.

Listen to your employees, stop brushing situations under the rug. Make your employees feel heard and stop letting harassment happen in the work place.

Good Company, Bad Managment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I worked at Kärcher full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of great people and customers. The company is strong and stable and lay offs don't really happen.

Cons

No advancement opportunities, Some of the managers are jokes but upper management does nothing to stop them.The new CEO is making some changes but still allows many department heads to get away with treating staff like garbage. Some departments seem better than others. H-R has a lot of turnover.

Hire and promote leaders. Don't reward bad behavior.

Financial Analyst at Karcher North America

I worked at Kärcher full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good team with lots of support.

Cons

Limited opportunities for career development and advancement.

Can be a roller-coaster under the wrong manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

I worked at Kärcher full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Kärcher is a family owned business headquartered in Germany. They are dedicated to quality, and have a high regard for employees, education and sound business principles. This combination results in high profits and a secure work environment.

Cons

Perhaps their subsidiaries are too far away from the heart of the company, and the remote leaders do not always understand and/or conform to the culture at the top. It appears at times that there are some who are only interested in their own success, or in the success of their location, which can be harmful to outlying plants and personnel.

Talk to the lower level employees, sometimes the surveys do not address what is really happening. Some long time middle management are hanging onto poor practices.

Staff Accountant

I have been working at Kärcher full-time

Pros

Great work-life balance, flexible hours.

Cons

Not a diverse company, hard to minority workers to fit in because of the "good ole boy" culture the company has.

Bring some diversity to the company.

Great People, Fun Work Environment

Current Employee - Office Employee in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Office Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Kärcher full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people are great and there is a type of a family feel at the company. Most employees have pride in the company and the products we produce. Benefits are also very good and company promotes a healthy lifestyle.

Cons

Pay is marginal and some managers micro manage, but definitely more pros than cons.

Better communication between departments would help. It's not horrible now, but could use improvement.

Terrible Company

Current Employee - A Title I Wont Have As Soon As I Find Another Job in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Kärcher full-time

Pros

Great benefits
    Decent pay(but for a price, see below)
    If you're in management your set for life in your role
    The un-organization and the problems dept head have with each other makes for a comical environment at times

Cons

Lack of Leadership
    Lack of advancement unless you big time brown nose
    Definitely management plays favorites
    Lack of communication between depts, therefore there's 10 different way to do something, and everyone's way is "right"
    Lots of turnover
    Management is clueless what is going on in their depts and probably even their job since they havent done anything since I've been there
    Management have a monopoly on their positions, they do absolutely nothing but blame their subordinates for things that they screwed up on and were on their plate.
    Threats in front other employees that certain employee's are "expendable
    Top level management bc they're on contract from Germany put band-aids on things or turn the other cheek until their contract is up and get their big bonuses and then it is seen what a mess that added up after the fact
    HR dept ignores complants and does not want to hear it....until things blow up then claim they never got any complaint
    Training is substandard

Give your subordinates a chance, but be so cocky and thinking you own the place when CEO/CFO arent around and dont skip out 3 hrs early when the CEO/CFO arent there that day. A little respect would be appreciated

Good job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Kärcher full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Karcher North America provides a great work environment. The overall culture is very friendly and open. It is a solid team environment.

Cons

There seems to be a lack opportunities for upward mobility. Often told superiors are very happy with the results of my work, but fail to see it grow into new opportunities.

I would suggest to management to let employee know what their vision for the career path of an employee looks like. Work together to be on the same page.