K-Designers

Marketing Director

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in Portland, OR

I have been working at K-Designers full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I am currently a Marketing Director at K Designers and have now been with them for six months. This has to be one of the best home improvement companies that I have worked for in the last 10 years. There are on average 3 leads a day to run which gives you a fantastic chance for a six figure income. The turn around time from contract signing to work performed is the fastest that I have ever seen in this industry, which results in getting paid your commissions that much faster. In the six months that I have been with the company I have averaged between 7K and 9K in compensation per month and currently am tracking to earn over 100K my first year here. The sales promotions that are run monthly are incredible with free air fare for two free football tickets for two and all accommodations paid for as an example. Each month based upon sales there is a rollover bonus where the sky is the limit. I have been in this industry now for 10 years and I have to say that this is the best company that I've ever worked for in home improvements.

Cons

I have to say that I cannot really think of anything to write here.

Keep up the good work.

GREAT PLACE TO WORK -Omaha NE

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Omaha, NE

I have been working at K-Designers full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working For this company really was a great choice of switching career fields since i have started with the company it has been a great so far. The office is awesome, warm welcomed and a high energized place to be. Branch 44 management is very friendly and i couldn't ask for a better place of work.

Cons

Theres not really any cons that struck my eye but you gotta give up a weekend every now and again but its life. I don't see any cons

Marketing

Current Employee - Marketing in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Marketing in Omaha, NE

I have been working at K-Designers full-time (less than an year)

Pros

K-designers is a fun company to work for. I love to travel and meet all different types of people. K-designers is always willing to work with my schedule. My VP, Marty and Dan are wonderful! Dan has always been willing to be open minded about new ideas, which is a key role when team building! My boss, Scott, is easy to work for, trys hard to make the job fun, and genuinely cares about about K-designers employees, K-designers as a whole, and K-designers customers!

Cons

When traveling, k-designers does not supply a company vehicle to travel in. They also do not offer any benefits.

Bonuses should b a percent of the sale.q

Lies, bogus leads, zero compensation, pressure to perform and cheesy 80's sales tactics.

Former Employee - Marketing Director in America, OK
    Former Employee - Marketing Director in America, OK

I worked at K-Designers full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Honestly...I can't think of any. I've met some nice people, but that's about it. If you're a sociopath and have zero empathy, you might just do well at K.

Cons

Let's start with the greasy 80's sales tactics. They actually teach you to say things like "put er there!" and "whadaya say!" And my favorite "if you act now!" After that, you're taught to barge into the prospects home like a snake oil salesman using two giant bags as battering rams. After they teach you sales tactics that would make Billy Maze roll over in his grave like a rotisserie chicken, they send you hundreds of miles away to leads that would rather spit on you than let you in the door. Management will tell you that they don't cherry pick the leads, but it's funny how only 2 or 3 people on the sales team actually make money while the turnover rate is in the stratosphere. Cherry pick the good leads and give the short timers the crap...makes sense to me. Twice in one week I was sent to appointments where the prospect lived in a nursing home. I've been sent to siding appointments where the home is solid brick and the owner has zero recollection of ever making an appointment. As mentioned in other reviews, a lot of the appointments are for people with no job and no money. I've been to single wide trailers where the telemarketer told the prospect the government would pay for their windows just so they could set the appointment and get an extra 10 bucks on their check.
      This all sounds terribly negative, but I speak the truth. I'm broke, my car is jacked, I have an ulcer and I owe K over a grand in draws. Unless you are a blood relative to Joseph Stalin or Mao Zedong... Run away from K as fast as you can.

Not that they would listen, but maybe offer new Md's some sort of compensation for the first few months and be honest about how much it costs to work for this company. Instead of throwing new Md's to the wolves, train them better and wait a month before you send them to their doom. Stop allowing the telemarketers to set bogus appointments and punish them for doing so.

Marketing Director Omaha - Nine Months

I have been working at K-Designers full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company offers anyone who is willing to learn (and then apply their knowledge) to a very comfortable income and lifestyle. Like any high level job there are sacrifices. However, the rewards of determining your own level of success, truly working for yourself and your family, and truly determining your own destiny is extremely rewarding. After 35 years in corporate and sales management positions as well as business ownership, I really enjoy the balance of corporate support and guidance with the freedom to work by myself and for myself.

Cons

You need to be willing and able to travel, support yourself while you develop your K-Designers specific skills, and be able to support yourself while you fill your sales pipeline. All are very achievable.

Continue to develop training process and materials.

great company and good people

Former Employee - Marketing Director in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Marketing Director in Omaha, NE

I worked at K-Designers full-time (more than an year)

Pros

working with the top products in the U.S. and the best training is awesome. Office management and staff
    all work to a common goal of helping others.

Cons

more advance materials ie... lap tops would be good

keep p motivational meetings on weekdays

The difference is what you make it!

Current Employee - Field Marketing Management in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Field Marketing Management in Omaha, NE

I have been working at K-Designers full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for the company for 6 yrs. I am proud of what I have personally accomplished here. Great training and opportunities no matter what position your in.all the help you need is available if you ask.going from the one who asked for help to the one giving advice is exciting. All the bad reviews I find interesting. All wrote by people who either never gave this a chance or never asked for help. It's easy to blame others for failures. But hard to hold ourselves accountable for our own mistakes. Misery loves company.good news travels fast and bad news even faster.
    It's great to know I'm strong enough to control my own destiny.

Cons

Not enough hours in day to talk to as many customers as I would like!

Keep up the good work.

Refreshing job with exciting experiences.

Current Employee - Field Marketer in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Field Marketer in Omaha, NE

I have been working at K-Designers full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is one of the most fun careers I've had. I get to travel make very good money without worrying about commission and the networking possibilities are unreal. There is always room for advancement. The best part is I get to spend the majority of the week home with the family.

Cons

Because of the way traveling works, when we're gone were gone. Once in awhile i'll be gone for long stretches but it's usually for short periods of time. The rest of the week I'm free.

I have been with the company a couple years and still don't have any advice for upper management. I WOULD like to commend them for taking care of customers and their employees. I can't say I've ever work anywhere that was so large and felt family owned. Keep it up!

The grass is greener on this side of the fence!

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Omaha, NE

I have been working at K-Designers full-time (more than an year)

Pros

For nearly a decade prior to finding K-Designers I was lost in regards to my career path. I did the college thing for 6 years, sold a few cars, poured a lot of drinks, and nearly drowned in a few business ventures. I also went completely broke trying to sell bathroom remodels for a start up home improvement company. My girlfriend (28) at the time, now wife, asked me to describe my perfect job, (she new I would excel if I could find the right position/company...And I think she was a little uneasy dating a broke, college dropout).

Since I loathe the idea of punching a clock, this was hard for me. But per her request, I came up with my "Perfect Job Wish List." The list is as follows: I will never punch a clock, I want to travel, I want the company to book my appointments, I want to offer incredible products, I want to take as many vacation days as I like, I want the company to have a tried and true selling system, I want to learn from successful leaders, I want to become a leader in the company, and I want to make six figures.

My perfect job wish list is now my reality as a Marketing Director at K-Designers. Seek and you will find right!

In summary, I have a lot of freedom. There is always plenty of company issued appointments. The products are top notch. The commission and bonus structure is more than generous. The system works like magic (if you do it correctly), and the people I work with are truly wonderful. K-Designers has been the greatest blessing to me and my family. I have never been happier!

Cons

Your focus becomes your reality...I get paid extremely well to drive around and talk to people, so I would rather focus on that!

Keep up the good work. I don't think updating our presentation materials would hurt...

Absolutely outstanding company to work for!!!1

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Director/Field Trainer in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Director/Field Trainer in Omaha, NE

I have been working at K-Designers full-time (more than an year)

Pros

In my opinion the best part about working for K-designers is the training you receive both at the beginning of your career as well as the on going one on one training you get as you advance. If you do as they ask, who will be successful!!!!!

Cons

Way to much paperwork once you are out in the field.

K-Designers Photos