K-Designers Reviews

Larry Judson

1. Incredible Opportunity

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at K-Designers full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great pay - Flexible hours - ability to work in other states - 6 figure income

Cons

The harder you work the more you make. Once worked an entire month straight and made over $40k, and had other lazy months with far less income. So no guarantees, you make what you work for.

None I can think of

2. Great company, difficult job

Former Employee - Marketing Director in Burnsville, MN
    Former Employee - Marketing Director in Burnsville, MN

I worked at K-Designers full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The training is top notch (just follow their system closely and you WILL make a lot of money, it's been proven many times over). The people who decide to follow the system and stick around are great and a big part of the reason I stayed as long as I did. Bonus and commission structure allows you to make A LOT of money with no previous experience. Company gives you a draw to help you pay for expenses while you wait for your first commissions to come in. You can take time off almost whenever you want/need it. Great tax write-offs.

Cons

Tremendous turnover. Since most salespeople don't want to learn the new system and give up their old ways they fail and quit. (If you don't want to continue to improve and/or aren't teachable and coachable then don't apply). Long and uncertain hours. No medical or benefits, or paid vacation because of commission-only structure.

Be open to some changes and listen to the top salespeople about what needs to change instead of being stuck in the old ways for no other reason.

3. Very pleased with my employer and the opportunities for advancement and the support of my career over the years.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at K-Designers

Pros

opportunities for advancement. Support of my career choices. Opportunities to make above average income. Continued support of my education. Open minded management team. Leader in our industry. Great products and great customer service.

Cons

I don't really have any downsides to be honest. Every job has its downside I suppose, but I can't think of anything offhand.

Continue to do what you're doing by leading by example and allowing the trickle down theory to continue to affect our income positively. Thank you!

Fantastic Company - Great Opportunity

I have been working at K-Designers full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

K-Designers offers sales professionals a true "Sky's the Limit" opportunity for incredibly high earnings. They provide a proven process as well as world class training and support that allows a dedicated sales professional, who's willing to adopt new techniques, the chance of a lifetime. Top producers are earning well over $250,000 annually. The territories are wide open and the compensation structure is straight forward. The company maintains attainable incentive programs, provides the training to help producers exceed their goals. It is rare to find this combination, regardless of the industry. Don't let the industry fool you, this is a great company providing an excellent career for those bold enough to go for it. The company provides preset / pre-qualified leads on a daily basis.

Cons

Although the general culture is upbeat and supportive this opportunity requires above average time - more than a 40 hour work week. Producers meet with prospects at their home as such requires a car to travel to/from appointments. Some overnight travel is required (by car); however the opportunity is potentially greater in more remote areas.

Illegal sales / marketing practises

I have been working at K-Designers

Pros

If you have low morals you can make whatever you want.

Cons

Company is in financial trouble and doesn't pay bonuses on time. Can't afford to generate more prospects so they keep going back to people who have made appointments earlier hoping to change their mind.

Narcissism is not a management tool.

Marketing Director

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in Portland, OR

I have been working at K-Designers full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I am currently a Marketing Director at K Designers and have now been with them for six months. This has to be one of the best home improvement companies that I have worked for in the last 10 years. There are on average 3 leads a day to run which gives you a fantastic chance for a six figure income. The turn around time from contract signing to work performed is the fastest that I have ever seen in this industry, which results in getting paid your commissions that much faster. In the six months that I have been with the company I have averaged between 7K and 9K in compensation per month and currently am tracking to earn over 100K my first year here. The sales promotions that are run monthly are incredible with free air fare for two free football tickets for two and all accommodations paid for as an example. Each month based upon sales there is a rollover bonus where the sky is the limit. I have been in this industry now for 10 years and I have to say that this is the best company that I've ever worked for in home improvements.

Cons

I have to say that I cannot really think of anything to write here.

Keep up the good work.

GREAT PLACE TO WORK -Omaha NE

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Omaha, NE

I have been working at K-Designers full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working For this company really was a great choice of switching career fields since i have started with the company it has been a great so far. The office is awesome, warm welcomed and a high energized place to be. Branch 44 management is very friendly and i couldn't ask for a better place of work.

Cons

Theres not really any cons that struck my eye but you gotta give up a weekend every now and again but its life. I don't see any cons

Marketing

Current Employee - Marketing in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Marketing in Omaha, NE

I have been working at K-Designers full-time (less than a year)

Pros

K-designers is a fun company to work for. I love to travel and meet all different types of people. K-designers is always willing to work with my schedule. My VP, Marty and Dan are wonderful! Dan has always been willing to be open minded about new ideas, which is a key role when team building! My boss, Scott, is easy to work for, trys hard to make the job fun, and genuinely cares about about K-designers employees, K-designers as a whole, and K-designers customers!

Cons

When traveling, k-designers does not supply a company vehicle to travel in. They also do not offer any benefits.

Bonuses should b a percent of the sale.q

Lies, bogus leads, zero compensation, pressure to perform and cheesy 80's sales tactics.

Former Employee - Marketing Director in America, OK
    Former Employee - Marketing Director in America, OK

I worked at K-Designers full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Honestly...I can't think of any. I've met some nice people, but that's about it. If you're a sociopath and have zero empathy, you might just do well at K.

Cons

Let's start with the greasy 80's sales tactics. They actually teach you to say things like "put er there!" and "whadaya say!" And my favorite "if you act now!" After that, you're taught to barge into the prospects home like a snake oil salesman using two giant bags as battering rams. After they teach you sales tactics that would make Billy Maze roll over in his grave like a rotisserie chicken, they send you hundreds of miles away to leads that would rather spit on you than let you in the door. Management will tell you that they don't cherry pick the leads, but it's funny how only 2 or 3 people on the sales team actually make money while the turnover rate is in the stratosphere. Cherry pick the good leads and give the short timers the crap...makes sense to me. Twice in one week I was sent to appointments where the prospect lived in a nursing home. I've been sent to siding appointments where the home is solid brick and the owner has zero recollection of ever making an appointment. As mentioned in other reviews, a lot of the appointments are for people with no job and no money. I've been to single wide trailers where the telemarketer told the prospect the government would pay for their windows just so they could set the appointment and get an extra 10 bucks on their check.
      This all sounds terribly negative, but I speak the truth. I'm broke, my car is jacked, I have an ulcer and I owe K over a grand in draws. Unless you are a blood relative to Joseph Stalin or Mao Zedong... Run away from K as fast as you can.

Not that they would listen, but maybe offer new Md's some sort of compensation for the first few months and be honest about how much it costs to work for this company. Instead of throwing new Md's to the wolves, train them better and wait a month before you send them to their doom. Stop allowing the telemarketers to set bogus appointments and punish them for doing so.

The grass is greener on this side of the fence!

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in Omaha, NE

I have been working at K-Designers full-time (more than a year)

Pros

For nearly a decade prior to finding K-Designers I was lost in regards to my career path. I did the college thing for 6 years, sold a few cars, poured a lot of drinks, and nearly drowned in a few business ventures. I also went completely broke trying to sell bathroom remodels for a start up home improvement company. My girlfriend (28) at the time, now wife, asked me to describe my perfect job, (she new I would excel if I could find the right position/company...And I think she was a little uneasy dating a broke, college dropout).

Since I loathe the idea of punching a clock, this was hard for me. But per her request, I came up with my "Perfect Job Wish List." The list is as follows: I will never punch a clock, I want to travel, I want the company to book my appointments, I want to offer incredible products, I want to take as many vacation days as I like, I want the company to have a tried and true selling system, I want to learn from successful leaders, I want to become a leader in the company, and I want to make six figures.

My perfect job wish list is now my reality as a Marketing Director at K-Designers. Seek and you will find right!

In summary, I have a lot of freedom. There is always plenty of company issued appointments. The products are top notch. The commission and bonus structure is more than generous. The system works like magic (if you do it correctly), and the people I work with are truly wonderful. K-Designers has been the greatest blessing to me and my family. I have never been happier!

Cons

Your focus becomes your reality...I get paid extremely well to drive around and talk to people, so I would rather focus on that!

Keep up the good work. I don't think updating our presentation materials would hurt...

K-Designers Photos