K. Hovnanian Homes
www.khov.com Red Bank, NJ 1000 to 5000 Employees

K. Hovnanian Homes Reviews

Updated Jun 22, 2014
K. Hovnanian Homes – Dundalk – “K. Hovnanian Home”

Ara K. Hovnanian

K. Hovnanian is growing, creating opportunities in sales, production and related careers.

Red Bank, NJ

ProsK. Hovnanian provides structure and stability without being bureauocratic. It has the land position and financing to continue its growth. Convenient on-line training is available to employees to help them to succeed. High on teamwork. The least "political" company I've worked for. Honest management team that honors its commitments to employees.

ConsThis is not the company for 9-5'rs

Advice to Senior ManagementCongrtauations on your good employee communications

Great team

Information Technology (Former Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsAwesome team that values individuals and their contributions.

ConsLimited opportunity for career growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being awesome!

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Paterson, NJ

ProsEveryone was down to earth and friendly. I received great advice on both career and personal development. Office was a humble size and everyone did their job.

ConsIt often got boring and my work seemed to be of little value.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If run properly could have been a great company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Red Bank, NJ

ProsChance to work with some good people. Good location.

ConsWhen things were good senior management all bought expensive cars and we're living large. None of that trickled down. Horrific pay and benefits. Many people have been there their entire careers and would be lost if they ever had to work somewhere else. I actually feel bad for some that feel trapped because of the good location.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo.

Fun while it lasted

Executive Assistant (Current Employee)
    Temecula, CA

ProsThe people are great and hardworking

ConsThe company could not handle the bad economy

Depends on where you live...

Sales Consultant (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsWorking as a sales consultant in Houston,TX was a wonderful experience. The market in Texas is steady, Texans are laid back so it was not stressful, and the managers apreciated the work we did. Of course, every manager is differet... My day as a sales cosultant started around 10am usually. Four to five hours in the model home could be spent napping given the number of people that come in on a weekday morning. I usually spent this time doing reports, follow-ups, marketing busy-work, or gossiping on the phone. When clients came in, put on your game face and sell! The only issue with this job is working Sundays until 6pm. I think work/life balance in the US is a joke period and this industry is a great example of that. However, the pay was great and the stress was low. A wonderful place to work if you do not have young children. Pros:
    Beautiful environment
    Great pay
    Lots of vacation time

ConsThere is really no chance of upward moility for sales people. Most make their money and move on, very few ever get to management or corporate positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate that everyone has a family! It is a waste of money and bad business to keep sales people in an empty office on Sunday night.

Administrative Assistant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsNice people to work with. Nice Weekly breakfast.

ConsInput not always wanted, or asked for when it should be.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to get feedback.

The most stressful experience of my life

Account Manager (Former Employee)
    Mesa, AZ

ProsThis job was 100% commision however if you worked 12 - 18 hour days you could make $150,000.

ConsManagement did not understand that we have personal lives. I took calls on Christmas, calls while at a funeral. I was constantly tethered to a company provided blackberry that my kids would hide from me because it was so imposing. Management was condescending and unappreciative of the hours we put in and would always back the customer or homebuilder rather than the employee. Expectations were unrealistic and caused many employees at the time to go on meds just to cope with the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementI hope the Sr. Management in the Mesa office has been terminated by now.

Great place to work

Sales Professional (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsK. Hovnanian cares about employees; has a great perspective on work/life balance, and has opportunities to advance. Each division is independent enough that you can rise to your greatest level of competence.

ConsThe real estate industry is tough, so if you are looking for a place to make a boat load of money, your timing might be off.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it a meritocracy. People were promoted based on their performance and that's the best way to do it. Kept everyone motivated.

Working for K. Hovnanian Homes = It is like a box of chocolates you never know what you are going to get.

Raleigh, NC

ProsThe employees are very nice people.

ConsToo many changes and not enough direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementSales managment needs to be involved in the every day activities. They should hold meetings with suggestions not demands. They should focus on making their employees stronger by providing good training and sound direction.

Worked for K. Hovnanian Homes? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at K. Hovnanian Homes reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for K. Hovnanian Homes CEO Ara K. Hovnanian . All 36 reviews posted anonymously by K. Hovnanian Homes employees.