K. Hovnanian Homes

www.khov.com

K. Hovnanian Homes Reviews

Updated Jun 22, 2014
K. Hovnanian Homes – Dundalk – “K. Hovnanian Home”

Ara K. Hovnanian

Great experience to work here

ProsTeam oriented, great company values, strong support and training

ConsAs a contractor, there is no personal growth.

Great Corporate culture

Community Manager (Current Employee) Dinuba, CA

ProsThey are industry experts in home building. I learned so much.

ConsBusiness model stretches out management, it is hard to manage construction off site

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't take middle managements word as scripture. Get out to each site regularly and unannounced.

Not a bad company from a lower level position. Upper management is out for themselves

Assistant Construction Manager (Current Employee) Edison, NJ

ProsTheir some great people in the field who do an excellent job with what timelines their given to build a nice looking home

ConsWay too many chiefs and not enough people in the field to actually manage the homes, and too many people getting promotions for non work or bedroom activities!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop creating so many checks and balances for the construction staff, stop hiring temp supers who really don't care because they're passing through. Hire a few more permanent field staff to be able to follow the numerous policies that are in place, QSI and QAR's can't be done with just 1 super

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company

Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsIncome and direct managers are terrific. Always there to help and I never feel like I am in a position of knowing more.

ConsNo work life balance at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd additional staff.

Management is awful

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe sales associates were great and the money could be lucrative

ConsManagement is disrespectful and has no idea what they are doing. Training is a joke and sales is on call 24-7

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees with respect.... Create a real training program and get on the same page.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good people to work with

Project Manager (Former Employee) Red Bank, NJ

ProsCurrent employees seem satisfied with their jobs - so much so that at least 75% of upper level managers have been there over 15-20yrs. The culture is business casual and I found most mangers willing to work with their direct reports' daily schedules.

ConsExecutive level management was not necessarily the quickest and strongest decision makers. There was no work from home option and minimal professional training reimbursement

Good place to work

ProsThe people are great, down to earth, everyone works hard.

ConsCan't really think of any

Complete incompetence and confusion!!

ProsNone. Nobody knows what they are doing!!!

ConsToo many to list....very sad.

Advice to Senior ManagementVery pathetic group of power hungry, job scared, incompetent egomaniacs....Being a "BOSS" went out with the 70's, very sad...try managing people with respect.

Purchasing

Purchasing (Current Employee) Landover, MD

ProsCompany has great culture, systems, processes and a Team approach to getting things done! Having been with the company through the up and downs of the recession now is the time for company. It is growing again with Communities and Associates.

ConsNone that are considered important.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep investing in the Associates, Processes, Systems and Training that will separate Hovnanian from other builders that are also in the Homebuilding market.

K. Hovnanian is growing, creating opportunities in sales, production and related careers.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Red Bank, NJ

ProsK. Hovnanian provides structure and stability without being bureauocratic. It has the land position and financing to continue its growth. Convenient on-line training is available to employees to help them to succeed. High on teamwork. The least "political" company I've worked for. Honest management team that honors its commitments to employees.

ConsThis is not the company for 9-5'rs

Advice to Senior ManagementCongrtauations on your good employee communications

Worked for K. Hovnanian Homes? Contribute to the Community!