K. Hovnanian Homes

www.khov.com

K. Hovnanian Homes Reviews

Updated Jun 22, 2014
K. Hovnanian Homes – Dundalk – “K. Hovnanian Home”

Ara K. Hovnanian

Management is awful

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe sales associates were great and the money could be lucrative

ConsManagement is disrespectful and has no idea what they are doing. Training is a joke and sales is on call 24-7

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees with respect.... Create a real training program and get on the same page.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Complete incompetence and confusion!!

ProsNone. Nobody knows what they are doing!!!

ConsToo many to list....very sad.

Advice to Senior ManagementVery pathetic group of power hungry, job scared, incompetent egomaniacs....Being a "BOSS" went out with the 70's, very sad...try managing people with respect.

If run properly could have been a great company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Red Bank, NJ

ProsChance to work with some good people. Good location.

ConsWhen things were good senior management all bought expensive cars and we're living large. None of that trickled down. Horrific pay and benefits. Many people have been there their entire careers and would be lost if they ever had to work somewhere else. I actually feel bad for some that feel trapped because of the good location.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Management is the problem

Management (Former Employee) Red Bank, NJ

ProsSometimes innovative if the CEO wants to pursue a new fad or technology.

ConsLets get the obvious out of the way. Not a good idea to seek work in a depressed industry. And It becomes a really bad decision if you choose a poorly managed company like this one.
    Senior Management is the real problem here with very inconsistent communication, strategy and execution. Even given low marks in Builder Magazine by their peers.
    In spite of the representations by HR and hiring managers, policies and procedures are not adhered to, career path depends on favoritism and results are achieved through bullying and partiality.

Advice to Senior ManagementWon't ever happen but need to replace the CEO.

If this is your next career move, you'll want to seriously reconsider...

Project Specialist (Former Employee) Red Bank, NJ

ProsIf you're looking for an environment where you can spend all day socializing, playing dirty politics, dealing with bureaucracy, and interacting with the most close-minded, unprofessional, and fake colleagues, then this is the place for you.

ConsThe work at all levels is not challenging, rote, out-dated, inefficient, and no one wants to change a thing. They claim to be "cutting edge" but it's all talk. The knowledge, experience, and expertise to bring the company into the Millenium does not exist; any attempts to "raise the bar" result in a company-wide collaborate effort to quickly, expel the poor soul. If you've ever read the book "21 Dirty Tricks at Work", everyone at this company is very proficient at the swift application of these tactics.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up! All those who you think are dedicated, loyal confidants working tirelessly for the best interest of the company are actually working tirelessly to continue maintaining the major cover-up of costly business mistakes, hiding their incompetencies, and keeping the company stagnant in order to continue racking up on unearned bonuses, coerced promotions, and fabricated accomplishments.

Project Manager (Current Employee) Paterson, NJ

ProsEveryone was down to earth and friendly. I received great advice on both career and personal development. Office was a humble size and everyone did their job.

ConsIt often got boring and my work seemed to be of little value.

The most stressful experience of my life

Account Manager (Former Employee) Mesa, AZ

ProsThis job was 100% commision however if you worked 12 - 18 hour days you could make $150,000.

ConsManagement did not understand that we have personal lives. I took calls on Christmas, calls while at a funeral. I was constantly tethered to a company provided blackberry that my kids would hide from me because it was so imposing. Management was condescending and unappreciative of the hours we put in and would always back the customer or homebuilder rather than the employee. Expectations were unrealistic and caused many employees at the time to go on meds just to cope with the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementI hope the Sr. Management in the Mesa office has been terminated by now.

Went from good to bad when division management changed.

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGood systems and procedures. Well run warranty department.

ConsOngoing downsizing. Cash poor company. Too much nepotism. The owner gets too involved in small details and is not a people person. Local manager does not respect the opinion of others. The mortgage company is and always has been poorly run.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest with employees about the condition of the company. Get rid of relatives who are not deserving of their positions. Quit getting too involved in small details and concentrate on the big picture. Spend less time in the high society social scene and more time solving challenges.

NOT a company that cares about its employees.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Red Bank, NJ

ProsGood location, looks good on resume. Benefits are fair, fun environment, co-workers were excellent.

ConsManagement is incompetent. Some don't even understand how a building is built. Management couldn't tell which employees knew their jobs and which didn't. This results in very high turnover due to unfair promotions/firings.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee above.

Not a bad company from a lower level position. Upper management is out for themselves

Assistant Construction Manager (Current Employee) Edison, NJ

ProsTheir some great people in the field who do an excellent job with what timelines their given to build a nice looking home

ConsWay too many chiefs and not enough people in the field to actually manage the homes, and too many people getting promotions for non work or bedroom activities!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop creating so many checks and balances for the construction staff, stop hiring temp supers who really don't care because they're passing through. Hire a few more permanent field staff to be able to follow the numerous policies that are in place, QSI and QAR's can't be done with just 1 super

Worked for K. Hovnanian Homes? Contribute to the Community!