K & D Services
www.kndservices.net Clackamas, OR 150 to 499 Employees

K & D Services Reviews

Updated Apr 17, 2014

Great people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood and solid business model. Local with opportunities to develop nation-wide

ConsToo small...not much upside potential

Bottom of the Barrel !!!

Flagger (Former Employee)
    Portland, OR

ProsCan't think of anything....AT ALL.

ConsUpper and Middle management talks out of both sides of their mouths, and throws anyone they can "under the bus"...to take the blame for their own incompetence. They hire to fire. Enormous turnover of employees; no one stays much more than one month. They only will top out slightly above minimum wage, hugely inexperienced "supervisory staff"...no benefits.No guarantee of working hours, no drive or travel time paid. Other employers in this field of work compensate their employees quite well. K & D TAKES THE CAKE of negativity!

Advice to Senior ManagementGo to business school.

Great growing business!! Lots of opportunities!

Traffic Control Supervisor (Former Employee)

ProsI worked first as a flagger and also as a supervisor. Great company to work for! Pay was good, fair, and nice people to work with.

ConsSome of the equipment was older when I first started, but over the last 2 years, I have seen a large increase in good equipment.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Atocious employer

Traffic Flagger (Former Employee)
    Clackamas, OR

ProsThere are no positive reasons to work for K & D.

ConsOutrageously poor management of employees; They have abusive clientele; they promote the least able to perform well into "supervisory" status and title. The pay is below poverty level and without benefits. Run...don't walk away; run away. If you are a Flagger looking for employment; look everywhere and anywhere else.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour people are your greatest assets. Treat them poorly; and you have what you currently have and deserve to have it.

you don't know until you know

Traffic Flagger (Current Employee)
    Portland, OR

Prosworking out doors (in the summer), flexible, loads of funny stories, dispatch has always been great.

ConsPay is terrible, most drivers hate you, it is very dangerous, no room for growth (you can have more responsibility but not for more money),

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is one of the biggest traffic control companies in the north west and it pays at least 2-3 dollars less than most of the other companies.

Great crew to work with

Traffic Flagger (Current Employee)

ProsI was happy to work with a crew devoted to safety. My last job had lots of lazy people who didn't know what was going on, K&D always has their stuff together which is cool. K&D has some cool perks too in benefits.

ConsPay could be better, but hey, it's fair market rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the organization, I like that.

A job to hold you over

Flagger (Current Employee)

ProsThe people you work with are usually pretty friendly, some can be annoying though. You typically never work night jobs which is a plus I suppose. You can almost get a day off anytime you need it.

ConsPay is not that great, a little above minimum wage with zero benefits, plus they do not pay mileage or gas for you to get to your jobsite for the day. There is an extremely high turnover rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually give your employees a livable income or benefits that will actually make people want to stay with the company. Companies with extremely high turnover rates are not trusted as much when trying to get contracts, etc.

Worked for K & D Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at K & D Services reviews and ratings. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by K & D Services employees.