K & N Management

www.knmanagement.com

K & N Management Reviews

4.0

Thomas Schiller

Great company to work for, unfortunately food service is not for me.

Former Employee - Country Store Cashier  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Country Store Cashier in Austin, TX

Pros

Malcolm Baldrige Award winner in Small Business Category, 2010
    Competitive salary for entry-level food service positions
    Generally a fun atmosphere to work in, depending on the managers you have

Cons

No tips
    One 15 minute break during a 9-hour shift (I am certain this is not how the corporate office is run)
    Other entry-level food service employees tend to be potheads, drink a lot, gossip, be irresponsible, etc. This was ultimately why I left. I used to look forward to going to work, and eventually, the other people I was having to spend the bulk of my time with really dragged me down and caused work to be a negative environment.

Consider drug testing to discourage drug use. Other peoples' drug use had the biggest negative impact on my working experience and precipitated my decision to leave. I am certain that the corporate office is an amazing work environment -- it is too bad that my experience in an entry-level position did not compare to it. Once I finished school, I seriously considered applying for a position in the corporate office, but ultimately decided to go in another direction.

Another day, another burger.

Former Employee - Back of House  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Back of House in Austin, TX

Pros

You come to work for K&N Management at any of their Mighty Fine Burgers locations because you hear about the wonderful company culture, the worker benefits, the relatively high compensation, and the people. All of these things are true and they're available.

Cons

The way K&N tends to select their managing staff by just going down the ladder and getting the next closest person to take the job. It's not necessarily a bad methodology, but sometimes more qualified people are passed up for management because of this system. Especially when the person on the next level down from manager has only been in his supervisory position for 2 months.

Pay more attention to how managers are hired

Solid first job

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Cashier in Austin, TX

Pros

Great starting pay, friendly coworkers, lots of opportunities for increased pay, excellent place to have on resume for future retail jobs

Cons

Very pushy about donating large amounts to whatever cause they're currently supporting, which on a relatively low income is tough. Store management is occasionally incompetent.

Lay off the push for donations. Your employees, though well paid for a service job, don't have the money to donate $100 (10 hours of work) to someone else.

Worked for K & N Management? Contribute to the Community!