K2 Partnering Solutions Reviews

K2 Partnering Solutions CEO Antonio Gulino
Antonio Gulino

1. Recruiter's view of K2- Good Company overall

I have been working at K2 Partnering Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training: Programs are set up to ensure folks are receiving appropriate training People: Everyone is great, very friendly and willing to help. Growth Opportunities: There are monthly meetings where managers discuss promotion opportunities. Much of current management started as Level1 Recruiters (entry-level) and grew to be Executives. Cross-Office Compatibility- K2 does a good job of coordinating functions between offices throughout the US and globally as well. Rewards: Each year K2 picks one trip for the top 10% of it's company. Last year folks went to the World Cup and this year it's to Cape Town.

Cons

Meetings: So many meetings, many of which are too long. Promotions may be tied to taking a leadership role in the office, which I think make folks on the come up believe that holding meetings is to their career benefit. Commission Structure: It's okay, not great. Sales folks get credit for 60% of deals whereas Recruiters get 40%. Really should be equal.

Advice to Management

K2 is a really good company, overall a 9/10. Slightly better adjustments to commissions would make it a 10/10

2. Look elsewhere

I worked at K2 Partnering Solutions full-time

Pros

"Sundowner" on every first Friday of the month, where management provides updates on performance of prior month followed by music, food and drinks

Cons

Long hours (8:30AM-7PM), no dedicated desk (first come, first serve basis), clueless management reaping the benefits of the consultants' work

3. Worst company to work for

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I worked at K2 Partnering Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Open office, start-up feel, snacks in office, half days before a holiday weekend, young co- workers who are usually friendly with each other outside of the office. They are very open to hiring straight out of college.

Cons

Where do I start? First, they claim to offer a training program, but in reality the training lasts less than a week before you are thrown out there and basically need to figure out things on your own. I asked my "manager" several questions to no avail, he never seemed to know an answer. Co-workers will step on your toes to get someone filled for a position even if you had been working with that client; they don't care. This is pretty much a one man for himself type of job; there is no team play. HUGE turnover rate. I recently had to use K2 as a reference when looking for a new job and NONE of the managers I had while working there were still there. All 4 of them (in an office of about 20) had left. Very high turnover rate for recruiters as well. They'll pay you to be at work from 8:30-5:30, but if you aren't there by 8am then you're considered late, and if you leave at 5:30, you'll be frowned upon. On top of this, starting pay is about 30-35k. Enjoy living in a big city making low income. The commission is a joke. For each placement you'll add less than $50 to your paycheck (which HR seems to mess up quite frequently). And last but not least, when a lot of clients hear that you're calling from K2, they don't want to talk to you, since they have had problems receiving their pay in the past, too.

Advice to Management

Provide better training. Hiring someone straight out of college will not learn this industry in less than a week.

5. EASY TO WORK WITH

I worked at K2 Partnering Solutions

Pros

Reliable sources. Flexible and understanding.

Cons

I can't think of any cons.

Enjoying it more then I expected

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Houston, TX

I have been working at K2 Partnering Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is VERY open to change. There is a very specific focus on how you can grow in your career and expectations are clear. The people are very friendly and share A LOT in order to help you understand your job well and how to do it well. For a company that is it's size and it's industry the benefits are pretty good and they put money into investing into you.

Cons

There are a still a lot of processes that need to be put into place. They invest money into good tools, and are working to update ways of doing things that didn't work as well, which there is some hangover of old stuff.

Advice to Management

Keep staying involved and sharing the vision of growth of the company. Add take your dog to work.

K2 Partnering Solutions Response

Jan 6, 2015 – Community Manager

Dear employee, thank you for your great review. We are pleased you are enjoying your journey with us, your suggestions shall be passed on for consideration. :-)

7. review.

I worked at K2 Partnering Solutions full-time

Pros

Global, Non-corporate culture, cutting edge technology

Cons

Global Leadership is never on the same page

Advice to Management

Communication is key.

Short order cooks with bad ingredients

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at K2 Partnering Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company displays a lot of freedom and autonomy. They encourage "sun downers" and nights out. Decent at marketing and selling a vibe. Young culture that has a lot of energy but this is also a weakness. Strong opportunity to learn.

Cons

The strategy is a constant audible. The management transparency is non existent. The direction changes to meet managements personal objectives. There is limited collaboration between teams and management on setting a course. The business is by and large pretty simple but K2 thinks it can dictates terms to the market. Oh, and by the way, you will get the rah rah on being a Billion dollar company with absolutely no road map or additional resources committed in doing so.

Advice to Management

Retire.

Starter Company

I have been working at K2 Partnering Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Environment, decent people, great location. Good career progression, although slow Great access to big dogs in the company (regular visitors)

Cons

Career progression is slow, especially if you get type casted not a lot of transparency

Advice to Management

treat the good ones well, your losing a lot of good talent becuase you're not competitive with the standard market

Phenomenal...until it the same descriptor would be the antithesis of my experience.

Former Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA

I worked at K2 Partnering Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great peers, great culture because of the peers. Reasonable base salary and commission structure. Above average work-life balance.

Cons

C-Level absentee management makes decisions based on recommendations of poorly placed mid-level management regardless of their success. Management does not show they value employees; even successful ones. Often this seems to be due to personal relationships with management that directs promotions rather than the numbers. Rapid and regular policy/commission changes without prior thought.

Advice to Management

Recognize employee value based on successes rather than solely those with whom you have had the opportunity to build a friendship. Or, if you are going to base your treatment of employee's only on their personality, get to know them.

Don't know how this company is still in business

I worked at K2 Partnering Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Interesting loft-style architecture in most offices - Casual dress code - Decent $ if you can last in the toxic company culture

Cons

I had to write this review after I saw another recently posted one titled "Bad comments here are not true, especially if it was posted just recently.” Ha! If you have to post a review with that as your title, you know your company is going downhill. I honestly don't know how this company is still in business. Its employees' job is to help clients hire freelance IT consultants, so you would expect employees to have a smidgeon of respect for the consultants they "sell" to clients, right? Not so. I can't tell you how many times I heard borderline racist comments about consultants from particular ethnic heritages and other disparaging remarks. This is not limited to consultants either. K2 employees constantly badmouth clients and colleagues, too, making fun of their LinkedIn pictures, email messages, etc. To K2, team building = tearing others down to build themselves up. They're perpetually stuck in 7th grade. There are better companies out there in the staffing agency world. Do yourself a favor and seek employment elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Transform the company culture. You'll find more success with a culture of respect and humility. And get some goddam cultural-sensitivity training. What is this, 1892?

RSS Feed </> Embed