KBM Group

Intern

Former Employee - Digital Data Analyst
    Former Employee - Digital Data Analyst

I worked at KBM Group as an intern

Pros

Great culture, atmosphere, co-workers, management is incredible. Even as a intern they trusted me with a good amount of responsibility. Very great experience.

Cons

the work was somewhat uninteresting. Depending on the industry you consult for, you could really have some red tape which limits your ability to be creative. If the clients relinquished some control KBMG would do wonders for them.

Keep doing what you're doing. Great place to work.

No Reward for hard work and decication

Current Employee - Project Manager/Senior Analyst
    Current Employee - Project Manager/Senior Analyst

I have been working at KBM Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible work environment with the ability to work from home or off hours as needed.
    Dedicated employees trying to do the right thing.
    Challenging and Interesting client challenge.

Cons

No raises for over 4 years and unknown if we will ever get raises again.
    Impossible to get work done in a timely manner if it involves a database, can take 90+ days to get even simple tasks through the lifecycle.
    Management offers no support to overcome barriers, they throw the problem back on you so it's unclear what they even do!

Do the jobs you are asking your subordinates to do and you'll understand that KBMG is operationally inept.

Do not work there

I worked at KBM Group

Pros

Competitive salary and that is it

Cons

Even salary couldn't keep me at this horrible company. Senior management including few screams at people. Everyone is micro managed

Treat employees with respect. STOP micro managing. One antiquated person does not know what is best for the company and its employees

Hopeless Dead End Job

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at KBM Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Advancement opportunities, raises, cost of living increases, and caring upper management. That is not the things you will see at this company. If you are not the bread winner of your household and like flexible hours then this might be a good fit.

Cons

See first sentence in the pros section. Over the last 5 years the work load increases but there has been no increase in pay. All my fellow coworkers of any real value left for other companies. They don't use the word raise here. They call it merit increase based on your performance. Only problem is no one is getting it. You don't get rewarded or compensated with more money but rather given more work. It's sad too see the good employees leaving that had given so much to this place.

Please think of your employees like people instead of just a number. While pleasing shareholders are important so is giving your employees a raise once in a while.

Initial thought "growth opportunity," ultimately "used abused and hopeless."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I worked at KBM Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Many kind and genuine coworkers. Grassroots support for the Richardson community's Corporate Challenge. Comfortable office environment. Adequate benefits and PTO are available.

Cons

Below market pay and disappointingly infrequent increases. Minimal resources for new managers or struggling teams. Negligible career or growth planning. Plagued by poor communication from leadership and broken trust.

Use every opportunity to deliver empowering and thoughtful support to your teams. Take your leadership responsibilities seriously; show that you understand that everyone bears the weight of your decisions and treat them like you care about a long term relationship.

A real focus on big data and enabling companies to be consumer friendly.

I have been working at KBM Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, smart, collaborative teams.

Cons

Remote offices, reluctant to hire to demand and therefore significant pressure on staff to deliver against clients needs.

This was a positive experience.

Former Employee - Response Services Keyer in Mission, KS
    Former Employee - Response Services Keyer in Mission, KS

I worked at KBM Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working for this company was satisfying. I was kept busy all the hours that I worked, and the benefits were more than adequate. This company really cares about its employees.

Cons

The challenges came during the times when the work was overwhelming. Sometimes the grass-roots employees were kept in the dark about situations, but even this improved. Actually, the "cons" about this job were very few.

I have no advice at this time.

Great company with great potential.

I have been working at KBM Group

Pros

Lots of different clients with differing project scopes. Exposure to many different network agencies and different methodologies. The company tests you on all levels and provides the occasional good stress to really propel you forward so that you're ready for anything.

Cons

I have not experienced any unique challenges that differ from normal challenges you see in every position.

I would say to work harder with HR and recruiting to bring on new people faster and to expedite the full time hiring process.

Lots of learning in a fast paced, stressful, and tedious envioronment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I worked at KBM Group part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Access to lots of expensive tools
    Large Client Base gave me the opportunity to see many different players across multiple industries
    Decent Pay with a consistent pay schedule
    Nice Break Room; pool table, ping pong table, xbox, massage chair, etc.
    Owned by a larger company which could provide further opportunities

Cons

Stressful environment most of the time
    Business did not actively generate revenues and the stress of upper management was passed down to everyone else
    Tedious work environment; at the computer 8 hours a day.
    Difficult to Move up - middle and upper management strongly plays favoritism

Take more time to train your employees; don't play favoritism.

Dynamic marketing services company with family atmosphere

Current Employee - Hard Working Department Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Hard Working Department Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at KBM Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The staff at KBM Group (Richardson office) is very enjoyable to work with. No cliques to fit into that I can see. Work environment is laid back with business-casual dress code (shorts in the summer as well). Management is relatively flat compared to other large companies with layer upon layer of middle-management positions.

Cons

Everyone above "department manager" has VP of something title, so don't be surprised to run into more than one VP in a single day. Raises are in short supply right now due to economy and parent company wanting to conserve cash position to boost it's bottom line.