KBR

KBR Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2014

KBR Chairman, President & CEO Bill Utt

Bill Utt

Pros
  • experienced colleagues, good location, good work life balance(in 9 reviews)

• Supportive work environment - many of my closest friends are ones I worked for/with over the years(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Good old boy syndrome (buddies and relatives), Health benefits could be better(in 6 reviews)

• The bureaucracy is high and the lack of communication between heads of departments sometimes causes lots of issues(in 5 reviews)

Great company with lots of perks

Package Engineer (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsLots of professional opportunities within the company, great networking/social gatherings, lunch and learns, etc. Nice work environment. Good work/lift balance. 9/80s is a big bonus.

ConsYou are one of many. Easy to get lost in the system, if you allow it.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

A quality company going through a transition

ProsGood place for a chance to work on large and interesting projects with some talented people. People are encouraged to get involved in their work.

ConsCurrently running a lean staff putting time pressures on employees. Executive changes leave a degree of uncertainty.

KBR is a solid company.

Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsEthical with career mobility options, though KBR does suffer from the "Iraq-Afghanistan" corruption stigma which is not warranted. It will take some time to reverse the reputation but be assured KBR is an excellent company who strives to do the right thing. They do have good people overall with a long history of work well performed.

ConsThe contract workers can sometimes be a bit rough and street savvy with politicking, survival mode.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't rehash the same personnel, bring in professional not contract types.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

KBR

Fire Inspector (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsIts a job, pay in not worth the pain of the place. It hot dirty and dusty the room i had a the camp was poorly maintained. HR was not helpful

ConsHave a lot of issues with facts about the work your going to be doing. Its the oversea jobs. Not very fact based with infor about living conditions!!

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed People managers who know what it takes to provided for the employees.

Very good culture and envrionment

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood place to learn and develop your skill set.

Conspolitics and bias, you need to have the right contacts to be noticed

Advice to Senior ManagementGive opportunities to grow for individuals who ask

It has been a great opportunity and I hope to work for them after graduation.

Intern (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsReasonable hours, they work well with you school schedule. I have verbally been promised a job after I graduate The pay it a lot higher than most internships my friends have.

ConsI do not have any cons so far, other than the fact sometimes I wish I was given more responsibilities, but I am sure I will have more once I graduate and they hire me on.

Lifelong career type of company.

ProsGreat support from upper management.

ConsProject-to-project role can get you nervous. Losing out on job bids.

arlinda's review

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Houston, TX

Prosgreat learning experience working with good people and forging lasting friendships

Consgetting laid off or leaving

Advice to Senior Managementgood, hardworking people

Lackluster care of clients

Senior Designer (Former Employee)

ProsReasonable pay, reasonable benefits
    Nice work area
    Nice amenities
    Reasonable work environment
    No micro managing - hands off approach to supervision

ConsCompany seemed to not care how clients felt about their design package and the deliverables. Complaints were ignored or argued with. A real do not care approach to the client.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow some respect to the ones who pay for your services.

bad situation

Exchanger Designer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prosyou can just seat and get paid

Consyou can not learn there

Worked for KBR? Contribute to the Community!