KBR

KBR Reviews in Iraq

Updated Jul 19, 2014

KBR Chairman, President & CEO Bill Utt

Bill Utt

Pros
  • experienced colleagues, good location, good work life balance(in 9 reviews)

• Supportive work environment - many of my closest friends are ones I worked for/with over the years(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Good old boy syndrome (buddies and relatives), Health benefits could be better(in 6 reviews)

• The bureaucracy is high and the lack of communication between heads of departments sometimes causes lots of issues(in 5 reviews)

59 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Very Diverse and Equal Opportunity for everyone

Materals Field Specialist (Former Employee) Baghdad (Iraq)

ProsGreat company, very diverse and has alot of room for advancement

ConsIt is hard to get noticed when outside of the company

The best company I ever worked for. A great experience

Senior Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) Baghdad (Iraq)

ProsKBR as far as I'm concerned really cares for it's employees well being. I contracted overseas and in addition to the standard things you would think would be provided like food, lodging and medical care; there was an always available HR department and numerous benefits for employees and families

ConsI would not necessarily consider this a con; but as with any company that is the size of KBR, there is a certain amount of red tape one must go through to learn the system. But with help from colleagues and a good attitude it's not a problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo Management: For the most part I had great managers. One in particular was a bit overbearing and seemed a bit unreasonable in his expectations. Years later he apologized for this and attributed his behavior to stress...which I can definitely understand.

I enjoyed the 3 plus years I worked for KBR.

Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) Baghdad (Iraq)

ProsIf you really are interested and motivated you can advance in any field within this company. I worked with some really good leaders at KBR.

ConsKBR has most of their work overseas so if you want to stay at home in the U.S. you have to live in certain regions of the country to even have a chance to work for them.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was a wonderful experience.

Material Control Specialist (Former Employee) Baghdad (Iraq)

ProsThe pay was great, and also the experience that was gained.

ConsThe length of vacation time.

Accountant

Accountant (Former Employee) Mosul (Iraq)

ProsI was in the LOGCAP III Middle East project in Iraq. KBR did fantastic in the project compared to other contractors. The living condition was as good as the best of them and the working environment was very good.

ConsNothing to say about cons.

My experiences with KBR was great. Solid foundation to work for.

Senior Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) Balad (Iraq)

ProsWorking for KBR provided life long job skills. KBR helped me understand logistics and product moving. Every logistics company needs this skill set for success.

ConsLong hours (but you sigh a contract stating you understand). I really don't have any cons about KRB

Not a great company, but it is great work.

Billeting Coordinator (Former Employee) Baghdad (Iraq)

ProsIf you like working with the military, it is great. If you don't mind the danger of working in war zones, the pay is great. You get a lot of quality vacation time.

ConsYou have to work a minimum of 84 hours a week. The company suffers from severe nepotism. If you are not from Texas, you will likely find it difficult to advance (but not impossible). Management is usually unqualified and inexperienced. Management resorts to threats of firing at the drop of a hat, and mostly for offenses you have not even thought of doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring people you know and hire people who are qualified. Look outside of Texas once in awhile.

Use them, because you will be used.

Assistant Fire Chief (Former Employee) Baghdad (Iraq)

ProsGreat compensation, no benefits for contractors but great to use as a stepping stone to gain experience or secure a stable financial future.

ConsLong term there is not much benefit to stay with the company, only to follow the money; but don't expect to be valued or rewarded for performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward long term exceptional service to include granting future work and change to permanent status.

Great company and hated to leave!

Heavy Truck Operator (Former Employee) Baghdad (Iraq)

ProsGreat pay and outstanding travel opportunities!

ConsNone really. The work location was in Iraq and Kuwait which means a big adjustment had to be made.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome managers had issues...but it's about average for a company this size. Some are excellent and some are not.

CSA - IT

CSA -IT (Former Employee) Baghdad (Iraq)

ProsEarly rise and always briefed with the crew for Safety and the daily tasks to be accomplished - equipment to be delivered - reissued and maintained.Learning new skills and clients needs as new areas developed in the IT world,Carefully controlled and mentored by experienced Management always helped to keep stock available that made our job easier

ConsThe hardest part of my job was to say good bye to very brave and sincere folk whom made the days of struggles easier to carry on.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour crew are a reflection of ones management - folk are only as good as their leaders

Worked for KBR? Contribute to the Community!