KEL Attorneys

Updated Jun 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Matt Englett

It was a rollercoaster of good and bad

Credit Processor (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsChilled environment, work/life balance, good working hours

ConsPeople are fired right and left

Advice to Senior Managementno advise to upper management

Work here only if you want to be a paid slave

Associate Attorney (Former Employee)

ProsYou lear a lot in a small period of time. Every possible legal scenario will come across your desk, so will get the equivalent or close to 10 years of experience in a years time.

ConsVery political. A lot of read tape. Ridiculous corporate policies. Too much work for little pay.
    Extremely high caseloads for both Attorneys and paralegals a like, mentality that employees are disposable, no concern for customer service or attorney's bar license. Management looks out for their own and once in a while will worry for the employees, but only if it benefits them. Glass ceiling, very little opportunity for growth and you only grow if you are liked by management and/or partners.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees, they are the ones in touch with the clients. Happy clients equal more business.

Skecthy

Sales (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsGreat location, building and staff.

ConsYou can promise clients the word but the work will most likely not be completed by the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementSlow down and do the work you promise clients.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dysfunctional Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHire a lot of fresh meat and gave real experience to attorneys in court and dealing with clients.

ConsReady, fire, aim. Management acts without deliberation to the point of insanity, people get fired regularly, dissenting voices are ignored or banished.

Do NOT work here unless you are desperate. Do your research.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-Work downtown in a pretty office
    -Young demographic
    -High turn-around means you meet lots of new people in a short amount of time
    -They'll hire anybody
    -You can add several job titles to your resume quickly, just don't expect any increase in pay
    -Work on your poker face

ConsIf you can work for pennies, keep your head low with your nose to the grindstone, don't ask questions, and suppress any nudge or whisper from your conscience, you might make it past your 90-day window. That's if they can make payroll that quarter. Basically, this job is for mushrooms and ostriches.

Expect to go home every night with an unshakable urge to shower immediately. Don't get sucked into the notion that you can stay and protect the clients you are in charge of. Also, many former employees have reported that with KEL on your resume, it's hard to get taken seriously when you inevitably have to find work elsewhere in town. Ask around.

Famous tricks:
    -Lure you in with the promise that your pay will increase after 90 days-- it will NOT and they will stall
    -"Promote" you and give you much more responsibility but deny you an increase
    -Fight tooth and nail to deny you unemployment benefits once they dispose of you
    -Move you into a management position with plans to use you as a scapegoat (seen it too many times)

Advice to Senior ManagementInsiders call a promotion to management a "death sentence", so my advice is: polish your resume. You'll be looking for new work within a few months no matter your record or affiliation.

Great place to work

ProsRoom for Growth
    Rewards initiative
    Forward Thinking
    Fast Paced

ConsNot for everyone
    Must be able to think on your feet and move quickly

Don't come here if you want job security or at least standard industry pay...

Paralegal (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

Pros*promotes from within so there is opportunity to learn and add to your resume
    *nice office setting and view
    *free gym membership
    *ok benefits

Cons*notorious for promoting without giving raise
    *lead by fear
    *high turnovers on both ends

Advice to Senior Managementstop taking shortcuts and keep the quality people. Too many incompetent people are going to sink the ship

Present employee with KEL - Extremely satisfied with this position!

Associate Attorney Department Manager (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsI could not have asked for better people to work with. Everyone extremely helpful. I don't get that feeling that I am going to be "thrown under the bus" any minute. A lot of people work here and I don't see the "cliques" that I usually see in an office where there are a lot of women.

ConsI really have not come across any negativity here. If I had to say, I would like a printer/copier/scanner in our area. But it isn't like there isn't one within walking distance. The short walk keeps you on your toes and a little exercise never hurts.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Terrible Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

Proslots of people to work with
    nice office building
    seems like a good job

Conseveryone is overworked and underpaid. people are fired all the time, and not just for poor performance. they recently laid off a huge percentage of their workforce and then sounded like completely insensitive a-holes in the sentinel about it.

Advice to Senior Managementvalue your employees, and your business will go far!

Good so far, but ready to get out.

Associate Attorney (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsGreat amount of experience. A lot of trust by management in staff's ability to get the job done. Opportunity is there if you take it.

ConsPay is bad. Very political.

Worked for KEL Attorneys? Contribute to the Community!