KEYW

3.8

KEYW Chairman, President, and CEO Leonard E. Moodispaw
Leonard E. Moodispaw

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

KEYW is my first employer out of college, and has set the bar VERY HIGH for other companies to match the experience.

Current Employee - Electrical Hardware Design Engineer I in Hanover, MD
    Current Employee - Electrical Hardware Design Engineer I in Hanover, MD

I have been working at KEYW full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fantastic benefits package, competitive compensation, availability of upward mobility.

Great employee perks such as weekly sporting events tickets giveaways, gifts sent to your home for no charge to you, gift card giveaways.

Great communication from Len and the other high level executives on the overall movement and operation of the company at an enterprise level.

Friendly, efficient, and talented people for inside-operations such as Human Resources, Payroll, and Timekeeping operations. Always quick to respond to problems.

Cons

KEYW is a Maryland based company, so the professional sporting events are for Baltimore Orioles and Baltimore Ravens tickets. As a Washington DC resident, where is the love for the Redskins and Nationals?

Continue the communication with All Hands meetings and emails with regards to the enterprise-level actions of the company. It promotes a unified feeling among co-workers, at all levels of their careers.

Meh...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MD

I worked at KEYW full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The coworkers- I genuinely enjoyed my work associates

Cons

Terrible communications
    Company sends out too many promo items... I'd rather have a conversation or paid training luncheon instead of the 'stuff'

Trim the fat. Don't wait for the good, talented people to get fed up and leave you.

Overhyped and under deliver to their employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MD

I have been working at KEYW full-time

Pros

Benefits- Great 401K match, healthcare, company events

Cons

Very unprofessional, misleading, questionable ethics, abundance of obscenities and attacks on individuals, no real structure to anything (just wing it mentality), lack of communication

Communicate to your employees, setup some real processes and procedures, treat individuals with respect, and use more professional language in business meetings

Company cares about its employees

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Hanover, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Hanover, MD

I have been working at KEYW full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company often goes above and beyond for its employees. They take a professional and personal interest. Other public companies I've worked for try to nickel and dime their employees. They have only improved funds for employees such as training since going public.

Cons

Often with companies that acquire companies sometimes there is a struggle with establishing identity. Keyw is still making a uniform brand to employees and external customers.

Poor direction, poor organization, uncaring management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MD

I have been working at KEYW full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

PTO is among the best in industry, 401k matching is superior, health care his great

Cons

This company is a "body shop" so to speak. Highly motivated individuals seeking a challenge would probably be better served and valued with another company. I think salary is approximately 20% below market. Many people I have spoken with have had the impression they were going to do something other that what they are actually doing, but this happens at many companies. Simply put, management only cares about you as a person upon initial hire, after that you are a dollar sign or a number to them.

Communicate with employees in a fashion other than the quarterly financial briefings.

They talk a lot about opportunities, but it's hard to figure out how to get any of them

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MD

I have been working at KEYW

Pros

Option to telecommute
    Flex time
    Good paid time off

Cons

Management makes it very difficult to understand what the heck is going on - constant reshuffling and being dumped under random managers who don't necessarily care about my project
    Difficult to get new opportunities, request for raises / promotions completely ignored
    Underpaid