KFC Reviews

Updated October 21, 2014
Updated October 21, 2014

KFC CEO David Novak
David Novak

Pros
  • The best thing about this job is the free food during breaks (in 25 reviews)

• learning customer service skills, learning how to deal with many different people & attitudes (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • makes teenagers (14-16yrs old) do heaps of long hours shifts (in 28 reviews)

• After working there for over 3 years I never got a raise over minimum wage (in 28 reviews)

More Highlights

Pretty easy job

Current Employee - Kfc Cashier in Spring, TX
    Current Employee - Kfc Cashier in Spring, TX

I have been working at KFC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Its an easy job, which everybody should start from some point, there is no much of benefits, but there are still insurance and stuff

Cons

people who works here ar completely different races, from paint to india from white to black

Be nicer

A lot of work for what you're paid.

I have been working at KFC part-time

Pros

Good hours
    Laid back for the most part

Cons

Frequent product shortages
    Cleanliness...or lack thereof

cashier

I worked at KFC

Pros

the work environment was always fun and hours were good for a part-time worker

Cons

the was no training at all there wasnt any room to grow and no one try to help you get ahead

take more care and pride for and in your workers

Manager

Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at KFC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Too much stress company wants thing to be perfect but franchise don't want to pay what is required sometime is less than mimumum wages

Cons

Too many hours less money

Watch the franchise don't give your name to cheap franchise

Team member at KFC

Former Employee - Team Member in Davis, CA
    Former Employee - Team Member in Davis, CA

I worked at KFC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pros are just free food really

Cons

Standing on my feet all day really messed up my back and some people that work for the company are very rude. At my store I worked there for 3 years and never got a raise

Give people raises and don't allow team trainers to be rude. Fire bad employees and pay attention to other employees who are stealing money

It used to be a better place to work

Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at KFC full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

You make your own shedule

Cons

They don't take care of their people

Horrible until corporate shows up.

Former Employee - Cook in Paris, KY
    Former Employee - Cook in Paris, KY

I worked at KFC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

We received a 10% discount at first, and after 90 days it was upped to 25%. Additionally, the DM gave everyone a punch-hole card that we could use once a month to bring our family in an get the family bucket meal for free. They provided a 30 minute lunch with a meal and drink as well as two, 15 minute breaks for every 8 hour shift. They paid for my uniforms (brand new) and because their pants didn't fit me they reimbursed me for the pants I had to buy myself. My fellow co-workers, and Sunday afternoon regulars are what made the job bearable. Super busy so time flew by.

Cons

They did just enough (on literally everything) to pass inspections. We were ALWAYS short staffed because people would work a few days, see how the store was ran, and never come back. In the year and a half I worked there I never got a raise or even a good job for that matter. I did the typical kiss up, and would go out of my way to show I deserved it, but the managers were so self absorbed they didn't notice you until you didn't show up for work. The shift leader/manager (when she was there) had no clue what she was doing so we would have to call everyday to see if we were scheduled to work. A lot of the basic materials that were required per KFC guidelines were not available. From gloves, disposable aprons, oven mitts, hand sanitizer, even trash cans. At times we would run out of different food like corn or green beans. So because we were basically in a Walmart parking lot, at least once a month we'd have to go buy corn or something like that. There were also 2 sets of rules. 1 set for managers, 1 set for everybody else. One time corporate showed up and a co-worker was outside smoking a cigarette. Needless to say they didn't like that, and he was fired. So they made everyone come in for a meeting and gave us a list of rules that were understandable. 2 of the 3 managers didn't change a thing from what they were doing, yet would fire anyone for making the mistake of following their leaderships example.

My advice to higher management is to clean house and hire all new management that would take their job serious and actually show up. Find leaders who will lead by example. Not someone who will abuse their leadership roles and be on a constant power trip. Teach them the fact that if they want hard working, good people they have to be hard working, good people themselves. Show your workers that they are a value, and actually appreciated rather than an easily replaceable commodity. Show up, unannounced, in a different car than usual when they least expect it (ie. hour before closing, Sunday afternoon/church rush hour) and I guarantee you will see the lack of leadership material in your managers.

A starter job to get customer service experience

I worked at KFC part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Best part about working here was the friendly team members that made sure we worked as a team and were patient and helpful. Also liked that we got a discount on food.

Cons

Rude and unprofessional management. Could have done a lot better at managing the whole restaurant effectively and not being so critical of minor mistakes. Also management wouldn't hire enough workers. Customers can also be very rude, creating an unpleasant atmosphere no matter what job you are performing.

Advice to the management would be to be more respectful and not slack off on the job.

I did not like working there because of the managers.

Former Employee - Cashier in Stone Mountain, GA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Stone Mountain, GA

I worked at KFC part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company is definitely all about the customers and making sure that they are treated right and satisfied and wanting to come back again. They don't have a problem with promoting people and giving raises. You can get up to 40 hours.

Cons

The cons are if you get one customer compliant they are ready to fire you at that moment. They don't really care about the need and concerns of the employees. The managers are very rude and lazy. If you get 40 hours they will cut your hours behind your back to make sure you don't reach 40 hours. They clock people out unknowingly and would have you working for free.

Get rid of some managers because they are not in that position for the right reasons.

Should have left when FFF did.

I worked at KFC full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I was able to basically pick and choose my schedule. Always able to get over 30 hours a week. Coworkers were like family.

Cons

No benefits. No PTO. No sick days. No raises. No anything. Rude upper management. Ridiculous corporate expectations. You were held to standards that were above your pay rate. Was constantly called in on my two off days.

Treat employees like they're important rather than replaceable.