KISSmetrics Reviews

4.6
CEO

1. Great Growing Company

I have been working at KISSmetrics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Professional culture--many people are from different backgrounds such as other startups, larger corporate settings, even from other non-tech fields. Because of this, I think we have a unique culture where everyone brings something different to the table whether it's the sales team to the analytics team or product to marketing, in a reasonable way. Despite growing pains, everyone is able to bring up their challenges in a collected, professional manner where things get resolved almost instantly.

Cons

Growing pains--there is always a new plan or a new process, so it's fine if you are flexible and roll with the punches.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

2. Great CEO

I worked at KISSmetrics

Pros

The quality of the CEO

Cons

The uncertain direction of the company

3. Great people and a wonderful product.

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at KISSmetrics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They truly take care of their team. There are many interesting challenges to solve in a great product space. There are many smart and passionate people working on the team. The people working across the company had a great grasp of analytics and what that meant for the customers and the product.

Cons

As with any company there are tough product decisions that have to be made. Sometimes those decisions took a while to make. At times the product direction felt as though it was going in circles and very little progress was being made.

5. Great place to work and it keeps getting better

I have been working at KISSmetrics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company culture is great and that makes you feel included and welcome. There are great opportunities to make a difference and be influential. The company is seeing rapid growth and the future is bright, which is something that brings everyone together. There is also room for advancement within and good work is noticed and appreciated. Compensation is generally good too and employees don't seem dissatisfied with their wages in anyway.

Cons

Benefits are good but very basic compared to the tech space in general. Becuase KISSmetrics is growing quickly there is no shortage of work to be done and this is something the individual has to handle. There doesn't seem to be a great focus on work/life balance, at least not explicitly.

Advice to Management

Company alignment and culture must be managed and talent development could also be a greater focus.

6. Excellent Career Choice

I have been working at KISSmetrics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best management and executive team. Everyone that works here is awesome we have a great company culture. Compensation and perks are really good as well. Working in with start up poised for a great future is motivating.

Cons

Working long hours, but it's worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and being who you are.

7. I am very happy!

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at KISSmetrics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am surrounded by great leadership and many teammates I can grow from. For someone early on in their career, I cannot ask for more.

Cons

The product has a few pitfalls that can be difficult to explain to new clients. Luckily, many of these problems are shrinking.

Advice to Management

Continue to establish structured process around roles within the company. Change is good!

8. Dynamic, collaborative, exciting and fun!

I have been working at KISSmetrics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong leadership with a unified goal for each individual group as well as the company. People are all driven, interested and willing to lend a hand. It is a family like atmosphere from day one yet everyone is given their own personal space to to be productive. Company has a bright future ahead but there is a lot of work to be done. Nothing better then getting to make a difference from the ground up.

Cons

Small company means everything is not plug and play. Items such as pens, paper, etc aren't east to come by but your technology will be ready to go!

Advice to Management

Hire well, keep the focus on the product and the customer experience, not just the internal culture.

9. Best Decision I Made

Current Employee - Sales Ninja in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Ninja in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at KISSmetrics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I been here a few years and am on the Sales team. I love coming to work as there's always something new and exciting to look forward to. If you like to work-hard, play-hard and have a get-it-done attitude, this is the right place for you!

Cons

Like any fast growing company, there's growing pain and challenges. The greater the challenge, the sweeter the victory!

10. Exciting space to be in and great company culture to be a part of

I have been working at KISSmetrics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Group of smart people with the mission of being the best. Healthy company culture encouraging taking risks, challenging the status quo, accountability, transparency and allowing for a healthy work/life balance. Company has brought in new leadership recently which has really sparked immediate and impactful change. Pumped for the future of KISSmetrics

Cons

Move faster with new product releases and innovation. Departments are still a little siol'd but getting better with monthly company meetings.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your people, human capital. What you have done in the past few months is amazing, especially on the sales and customer success side of the business.

11. Fast-growing company starting to hit on all cylinders

I have been working at KISSmetrics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Been in sales for over a year here and am happy with our progress as of late. Company had some bumps in 2013 while improving the infrastructure of our product but is positioned well for 2014 and beyond. Really excited to be in on the ground floor for what's to come.

Cons

More transparency into product dev cycles to help sales better prepare for on boarding prospective clients

Typical challenges associated with any start-up. Demand outpacing growth in certain areas. Good problems to have!

Advice to Management

Focus on Keeping It Simple in terms of product adoption and all else will follow!

RSS Feed </> Embed