KMG Prestige

Updated June 29, 2014
Updated June 29, 2014
4.0

Paul Spencer

Best Company I have Worker For!

Current Employee - Service Coordinator
    Current Employee - Service Coordinator

I have been working at KMG Prestige full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Best supervisor in the world! Does not micro manage me, allows me to make mistakes to I can learn from them, always accessible, encourage me to lead by example for my team/co workers to see.
    Management values your opinion, good salary and benefits. Room for advancement & great training program.

Cons

Would like to see something along the lines of employee of the month, good attendance award, something to award the employees that go over and beyond to do their job. (Not necessarily a con, but room for improvement).

Keep lines of communication open and employees will remain faithful.

Good Pay Some great properties Poor upper managment

I have been working at KMG Prestige full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They pay fairly well for maintenance and property level managment team.They have some really cool apartment complexes to work at, in terms of the feel of the complex the designs the age and people you meet.

Cons

Values are money do more with less do not fix things properly just make it good enough. Good properties go bad bad properties get worse. Worked at on in Indianapolis that they never wanted to fix exterior lighting the property was dark and dangerous at night.

Rethink your district managers and support your local managers supervisors and staff more.Learn to listen to those on the front line about the issues at that property rather then preset expectations.

I learned that I love the Property Management field and I do even more with every passing year.

Former Employee - Site Manager in Lansing, MI
    Former Employee - Site Manager in Lansing, MI

I worked at KMG Prestige full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working for KMG Prestige was vastly knowledgeable and improved my skill base. Owners were always looking for ways improve upon technology for use of systems to help their employees. I also always looked forward to the annual award ceremony held in Mt. Pleasant.

Cons

Sometimes the work load was a bit much for the Regional's and they would not have enough time to get back to the Site Manager if there were an issue that required immediate attention.

Very organized company

Former Employee - Regional Property Manager in Lansing, MI
    Former Employee - Regional Property Manager in Lansing, MI

I worked at KMG Prestige full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people are wonderful and work together as a team

Cons

Some of the owners can be difficult to deal with

KMG Prestige Review

Former Employee - Site Manager in Mount Pleasant, MI
    Former Employee - Site Manager in Mount Pleasant, MI

I worked at KMG Prestige

Pros

The benefits offered to full time employees are exceptional. Generous paid time off, sick pay and paid holidays. 401K, Flex spending accounts, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Life insurance, Short and Long term disability insurance etc. The company also offers employee purchase programs for personal computers through payroll deduction.

Cons

The downside of working for KMG is that the company mission statement "Do the right thing", does not apply equally to all three company support centers. The Lansing and Mt. Pleasant support centers adhere to and closely follow the mission statement. The Southfield support center is a whole other political animal entirely. Certain people are basically spoon fed and allowed to do whatever they wish in regards to their choice of property assignments. Unfortunately, to make this happen, stories about property owners wanting a change for this reason or that reason, are used to remove current managers to allow this change. Regional managers and Vice presidents acting in that capacity don't feel it necessary to visit their sites and site managers as they should. Consequently, site managers are constantly having to send numerous unanswered emails and/or messages. When an issue gets to a certain point that an owner wants involvement, the regional always blames the site manager. Site managers out of the Southfield support center constantly have to save emails and document messages left just to protect them selves. This definitely hinders job performance to say the least. As I stated, this only seems to be happening with the Southfield support center.

Become more involved by again using exit interviews for voluntary or involuntary information. Things are not always what you are told by your VP's or Regionals. Even a blank piece of paper has two sides. To ensure your continued success, you owe it to yourselves and your site level managers to get both sides of the story.