KMH Labs Reviews

Neena Kanwar

1. Nice place to work

Current Employee - CPC in Port Charlotte, FL
    Current Employee - CPC in Port Charlotte, FL

I have been working at KMH Labs (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love the teamwork within the company. Fast paced work environment with great benefits. Recent change in management, company is going through some great changes.

Cons

phones can be overwhelming at times.

Advice to Management

Recognize employees and give positive feedback.

Horrible ---- do not work for this company !!

I worked at KMH Labs full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

In the Florida Centers there are NO PROS!! The work conditions are horrible !!

Cons

This company Westcoast Radiology WAS a really good company to work for . Since it was bought out by KMH it has went downward at a quick rate. The upper management who run the Florida centers are rude and very belittling. They harass you during your work day and question you as to why you are not on the phones for 3 minutes. You have to IM them for permission to go to the bathroom. Mind you this is all while they are in a big beautiful center in Canada while we are in.rooms that are full of mold in the ceiling tiles , no working lights in some rooms and missing ceiling tiles in the bathroom where rats have decomposed on the tiles !! They have absolutely NO respect for anyone !!! Neena Kanwar is not approachable at all as an owner and does not care about anyone that works for her . YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED of yourself for letting your soon to be Daughter In Law treat people like they are garbage. I have watched these people destroy longtime employees and you would think that being in the Medical field you would have more compassion for people!!!

Advice to Management

I have no advice because it is not received and would only fall on deaf ears !!

Jun 17, 2015President & CEO

The reason Westcoast Radiology was acquired by KMH was because it was a good company, however the sites were in need of repair. KMH renovated one of the locations that was badly in need of ... More

3. Working over 5,000 Days and Counting...

I have been working at KMH Labs

Pros

Ok, Let me start by saying – It truly increases my interest in human psychology when people leave their place of employment after many years to then only provide negative comments/feedback on their experience related to operations, owners, management, environment etc.

It raises so many questions... but ultimately ...
    If you were so unhappy, why didn’t you leave earliar?

Seriously – What is the purpose of voicing your opinion now?

It doesn’t make any sense. It is immature, distasteful and besides providing little entertainment to some readers, it only shows your character and doesn’t really make your possible intent to educate/discourage potential candidates from applying to KMH.

Anyways, we all have a right to freedom of speech (to some extent).

I have been with KMH – a LONG time.
    And not one person to this day has asked me Why? Or What are you still doing here?
    But instead, after congratulating me they ask – What’s your secret?

I will come back and end with my secret, but let me continue to say that KMH truly is a challenging multi-faceted Healthcare Organization and it really does take a SPECIAL, UNIQUE, HARD-WORKING, INTELLIGENT and COMMITTED individual to work here. And not everybody is blessed with these traits.

My secret is not working to find the Work-Life balance, but achieving HARMONY between the two.

Cheers.

Cons

I cannot think of any Cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the Good Work.
    Thank You for leading by example!

Avoid at all costs

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at KMH Labs

Pros

You will be motivated to look for something better.

Cons

-Short sighted management team (CEO and her entourage)
    -Demeaning and unprofessional treatment of staff
    -More staff turn around then a merry-go-round on steroids.
    -Absolutely bizarre expectations of staff and zero regard for provincial legislation outlining employment law expectations. You can pretty much guarantee that you will face reprisal for exercising your basic human right.

Advice to Management

Do you think these negative posts are coming from people who are slighted? This organization has a solid reputation in the business for being the worst place to work simply because of the way they treat people. What costs you nothing to acknowledge and fix is costing you everything it seems. My advice to management is to stop policing glass door and making up laughable excuses to your obvious short comings as an operation and to fix them. Its embarrassing to see the CEO's responses because they do nothing to excuse the fact that the atrocities sited still occur frequently.

Stay Away...Stay Very Far Away

I worked at KMH Labs full-time

Pros

I cannot think of one positive thing to say about working for this company. I am a professional and have worked for several companies in my professional career, and I would have to say that this company, by far, is the WORST company I have ever worked for.

Cons

I worked at the head office. The CEO is a drill sergeant who seems to take pleasure in belittling others. The warning sign should have been when during the interview process, I was asked how I go about working with others who can be difficult to work with. Little did I know that these individuals who were interviewing me were actually referring to the CEO. She sits at a raised desk in an open office environment and watches over everyone as they work. She has no problem calling out people in front of others who sit in this open office environment, in fact, she seems to take pleasure in it. Your individual actions are watched by her peons in the company and then reported on. The CEO lets everyone know that it is her company and she takes a no holes barred approach. This company is all about profit.You are not asked, but expected to work well past your paid hours of work. One word can amply sum up this place: CUT-THROAT. There is no work-life balance here! As a side note, I wouldn't believe the positive reviews on here, I think she has her peons get on this site to boost her rating. Believe the bad reviews...they are true!!

Advice to Management

You cannot change what you do not acknowledge. It seems the CEO spends a lot of time defending herself on this site. She speaks of an open office environment and how she is approachable, those who have worked for her know that this is simply not the case.

Jun 17, 2015President & CEO

KMH has 500 staff, majority of whom have been with the company for greater than 5 years, many have been with the company since the beginning (over 20 years). The demands on the management team are ... More

I love my job!

I have been working at KMH Labs

Pros

I have worked at KMH for just under a year and can think of many pros. The management team is extremely accessible and personable. You get to know all of management by name and are able to approach them at any time, they truly do live by an open door policy. They encourage a culture where employees and patients are treated with compassion and respect. The company cares vastly about providing excellent patient care. At times, that translates into staff having to work longer hours, but being in the healthcare field, one should understand and actually desire to provide the best possible care, whatever that may entail. The training programs in place for new employees are extremely detailed to ensure that you are well equipped to do your job. Even after training, you are given many tools to help you succeed. There is plenty of room for growth as well. In my short time at KMH I have been given many opportunities to take on new tasks. The management team definitely recognizes and rewards hard work. I have been challenged to reach my full potential and not just be satisfied with an entry level position. If you are looking for a place where you can put in a minimal amount of work and obtain mediocre results then KMH is not for you. If, however, you want a place where you will grow, learn new things on a daily basis and be constantly challenged then I would highly recommend KMH to you.

Cons

The environment at KMH is definitely a demanding one. You have to be willing to work hard and perform well. That being said, if you do, you will find the work very rewarding and be recognized for the things you do.

Advice to Management

More team-building activities and events.

Jun 17, 2015President & CEO

Thank you for your feedback and we will organize more team building activities. I appreciate the hard work that all staff at KMH put into the company.

Nightmare job

Former Employee - Medical Administrator in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Medical Administrator in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at KMH Labs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

there are no pros working for this company.

Cons

I have no clue where to begin. This company is nothing more than money hungry and will go to obscured lengths to try to bring in more revenue. The CEO will constantly write emails to staff in caps and highlighted in red, belittling staff to ridiculous extents. The benefits are not the greatest, and a lot of the time didn't work as they weren't paying the bill. They were constantly over booking procedures without fully understanding them. They acquired imaging clinics when they are a cardiology based company. They always referred to us as "former medvue" as if we were never actually a part of their company, just some people who work a long side of them. You were always made aware how replaceable you were. High stress environment, as we had to take the brunt of angry patients who were promised specific appointment times, when there were already appointments filled in those slots. If they were placed as a walk in they were not told that on the phone, they were expecting it to be an appointment. If these patients called and complained we would still be reprimanded. I had over heard multiple conversations between a manager and the CEO, and I have to say I have never in my life heard anyone speak down to someone the way the CEO of KMH does. Colleagues used to have break downs, and cry their eyes out dealing with the nonsense that head office would put us through. As said in previous reviews, they would over book at the end of the day when techs are going home to pick up their kids or what not. They didn't care, if you refused they did indirectly threaten your job. I cannot express the high levels of anxiety we all experienced working there. You could cut the tension with a knife walking through those doors. I am so glad I got out when I did. I have never worked for a company with such little appreciation towards their staff. The managers are afraid of the CEO and are more like puppets if anything.

Jun 17, 2015President & CEO

We strive to provide excellent care to our patients and try to reduce wait times so the patients do not have to wait for weeks and months to have their healthcare needs met, it is a very busy ... More

So glad to be out of there

I worked at KMH Labs (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pros for this company disappeared a few years ago

Cons

I do not know where to begin. When I started with this company my previous co workers warned me about KMH. They said it was a horrible place to work. At first it was okay, but it got worse and worse over time. It is true that at times our benefits were not paid and we had no warning. The reason why many staff stay is because there are not a lot of nuclear jobs out there. KMH has definitely taken advantage of this..Staff are bullied by management, patients added at beginning and end of shifts without even asking the tech if they can stay. Yes, some of these are urgent patients but a LOT are just for the revenue KMH brings in. The company has really gone downhill in the last couple years. I am one of the fortunate ones who got out.. I feel sorry for the staff still there. This company at one point was not that bad but ever since the new soon to be daughter in law started along with her soon to be husband this company has plummeted in a downward spiral. The company has lost a lot of good people because of these two people . The sad thing is the CEO does not see this, or if she does she does not mind how their idea of management is.
    Also all these positive reviews are obviously made by the upper management that has been directed by the CEO to do.

Advice to Management

You provide a service to patients but you also need to keep good staff. You expect patients to change their appointments at a moments notice due to scheduling issues but yet you do not have that consideration when staff have emergencies at home . Please do NOT let two family members ruin this company you spent a lifetime building.

Jun 17, 2015President & CEO

PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!!

I worked at KMH Labs

Pros

I can't think of one pro!

Cons

I don't even really know where to start...this is quite possibly the worst company I have ever worked for!!! The have zero respect for their employees unless you are willing to say yes to their every request and are prepared to tattle on your fellow co-workers then your the "goldon one"! There are a few good apples in the bunch but the CEO is such a puppet master no one else can make a move without her okay! I have never in my career worked for a company where the CEO has open access to EVERYONE'S EMAIL including the HR department, how is that even legal?! And the fact that the CEO's whole family works for the company makes things very hard when you want to report an personal issue such as harssment! Anyone who is looking for a job PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM KMH you will regreat it if you don't!!!!

Advice to Management

Sell the company to people who may actual want to own it!

Jan 11, 2015President & CEO

KMH management and the CEO are committed to the following operating principles for our staff for 26 years:
    1. Communicate throughout KMH in an atmosphere of openness, trust and mutual respect
    ... More

A Truly Fantastic Company

Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at KMH Labs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working in the call center for just under 1 year and have no plans to work elsewhere

Training:
    The training at KMH is very thorough and in-depth. My manager, Neha, runs a fantastic 2 week training program and is courteous enough to extend it if necessary. I have found at my previous places of employment the training is very unsatisfactory, however KMH has very high standards for training and coaching. The training really allows you to be successful. Also when the training is done there are still ample resources and support. I really appreciate this part of KMH.

Company Culture (Patient Care & Career Growth):
    When I interviewed at KMH I was told there is room for growth. I am glad to see that I was told the truth as I have already been given additional responsibilities and specialized tasks. The management team is very supportive of developing employees and there is no bureaucracy. However, you still have to work hard, nothing is given or handed to you.The company also really stresses the importance of accommodating the needs of patients and going above/beyond to ensure patients receive the help they need which is nice to be a part of.

CEO:
    I have not interacted with the CEO, however her office (as well as those of the Management Team) are all open concept and located right next to the call center, so you can ACTUALLY SEE what they are doing at all times. The CEO works day and night and you can tell she cares about patients and her employees. She knows everybody's name which is really nice. I have also heard how she has helped employees in their personal lives.

Cons

Fast Paced Environment:
    The working environment is fast. This can be a challenging adjustment, and sometimes stressful. However, knowing that you are helping patients is very rewarding.

Advice to Management

More staff BBQs and team building events.

Oct 14, 2014President & CEO

Thank you for this great feedback for me as well as for current and future staff.

RSS Feed </> Embed