KMH Reviews

Updated September 30, 2014
3.6

Neena Kanwar

A Truly Fantastic Company

Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at KMH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have been working in the call center for just under 1 year and have no plans to work elsewhere

Training:
    The training at KMH is very thorough and in-depth. My manager, Neha, runs a fantastic 2 week training program and is courteous enough to extend it if necessary. I have found at my previous places of employment the training is very unsatisfactory, however KMH has very high standards for training and coaching. The training really allows you to be successful. Also when the training is done there are still ample resources and support. I really appreciate this part of KMH.

Company Culture (Patient Care & Career Growth):
    When I interviewed at KMH I was told there is room for growth. I am glad to see that I was told the truth as I have already been given additional responsibilities and specialized tasks. The management team is very supportive of developing employees and there is no bureaucracy. However, you still have to work hard, nothing is given or handed to you.The company also really stresses the importance of accommodating the needs of patients and going above/beyond to ensure patients receive the help they need which is nice to be a part of.

CEO:
    I have not interacted with the CEO, however her office (as well as those of the Management Team) are all open concept and located right next to the call center, so you can ACTUALLY SEE what they are doing at all times. The CEO works day and night and you can tell she cares about patients and her employees. She knows everybody's name which is really nice. I have also heard how she has helped employees in their personal lives.

Cons

Fast Paced Environment:
    The working environment is fast. This can be a challenging adjustment, and sometimes stressful. However, knowing that you are helping patients is very rewarding.

More staff BBQs and team building events.

Oct 14, 2014President & CEO

Thank you for this great feedback for me as well as for current and future staff.

Please don't fall for other fake positive reviews

Former Employee - Nuclear Medicine Technologist in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Nuclear Medicine Technologist in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at KMH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Absolutely nothing...other positive reviews are written by upper managments and are fake

I encourage anybody who's about to join this God forsaken company to call individual labs and ask the employees about the company!!

Cons

This company is by far the worst company you could ever work for. I'm going to use point form because I probably don't have enough room to include everything. Please ready thouroughly because I'd really hate for someone to hate their life while working for this company like I and all my other colleagues did...ask any hospital or any respectful healthcare facility and they will all agree and warn of the following:

- extremely poor, condicending managment team that treat you like you're a slave
    - overbooking patients and working understaffed wih insufficient tools to do your job
    - being denied to take your breaks or even ask to be paid for the breaks you don't take
    - having your scheduled shifts change on a daily basis without being consulted first and you're expected to abide to the change or else!
    - your log in and log out times are constantly changed to benefit the company to pay the employees less even if they put in the extra hours, whether it's coming in early or leaving late in order to accommodate patients
    - you will constantly be reprised to do things against your licensing college or you'd be indirectly threatened to be fired and they do go through with the firing
    - if you work in the call centre you have to put your hands up to ask to go to the bathroom and you maybe denied the "privilege" to use the bathroom and/or asked how long will you be
    - your schedule will ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS be changed with hours notice if any notice is provided at all
    - you will always be deciplined openly with a company wide (or management wide) email stating what you did wrong and that is extremely condicending especially since they end up personally attacking you in front of everyone
    - you will never be recognized for your hard work...EVER
    - the salary which If you read this far, you know is the least of your worries is not competitive at all considering you never rest, eat or have any sort of help due to understaffing

There's much much more...please, whoever you are, for your sake and your sanity STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY, they will abuse you and expect you to take it or you're fired

FYI, the company motto at meetings is "the only constant thing at KMH IS change"...and never for the good

You will be promised the world at interviews and then get NOTHING. Don't trust anyone of the managment team members, they are all coerced to lie for the company!

I won't bother because they don't care one bit about anything but money

Oct 14, 2014President & CEO

There is a lot of information here for me. Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback.
    We strive to provide excellent care to our patients and try to reduce wait times so the patients do
    ... More

Great place to work. Feels like one big happy family.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at KMH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great training
    Making us feel like we matter
    CEO who cares about not only employee issues but also patient issues
    Understanding
    Ability to work extra hours

Cons

Negative attitude from some staff
    Instead of asking questions sometimes there is "finger pointing" from other staff members
    Some staff don't care

More team building events and company events

Oct 14, 2014President & CEO

Thank you for your feedback.

Great People, Great Job

Current Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at KMH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Friendly Management and Staff
    - Engaged CEO
    - Thorough training and guidance
    - Balanced work schedule to fit your needs
    - Offers the potential to learn and grow with the company

Cons

- Very fast paced but you can adapt to the speed as you learn and gain experience

Keep providing excellent training services but perhaps hold more regular meetings for office staff.

Oct 14, 2014President & CEO

Thank you for your feedback. Office staff are hardworking and are needed throughout the day, so any staff meetings have to be after work. We attempt to strike a balance between taking up staff time ... More

Happy To Be Here

Current Employee - Payroll Coordinator in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Payroll Coordinator in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at KMH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Thoroughly enjoy working with my colleagues and staff. Always a nice environment, and very fast paced, which I prefer. I'm able to work independently and if I have any questions management has always been helpful. It is very much a team oriented environment. I am more than happy in my role and have had the opportunity to work with great people.

Cons

I would like to see management always keep staff interests in mind, but I am aware that there is always more to the picture than meets the eye so I don't take this personally.

Management should have more control or say in decision making.

KMH Cardiology is a wonderful company dedicated to the provision of high-quality care and service to patients

Current Employee - Management in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Management in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at KMH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pro’s of working at this establishment are excellent access to training resources and on-going professional development for members of regulated health professions such as medical radiation technologists physicians, and nurses. There are always opportunities to secure more hours for those individuals who are available. The organization has developed a unique and centralized electronic medical records system that integrates all aspects of the company’s operation and therefore it is very easy to stay connected and current with the flow of information from input to output and therefore completion and follow-up of tasks are made to be straight forward.

Cons

Depending on how you look at it and you must be able and willing to put in the hours to obtain career results and so this is not an environment suited for those not looking to fast track their career goals- you must be willing to work hard and sacrifice to obtain the desired effects. You must be able to take critical feedback as this is a healthcare environment. Failure to execute your responsibilities correctly and efficiently could make the difference in a patient’s overall health care experience and so critical feedback is often promptly delivered. Finally you have to be extremely flexible - the equilibrium is that there is none – subsequently you always have to be prepared to take on different tasks or use “outside of the box” thinking to creatively complete your workload with

Have more staff barbecues and team-building events.

Rewarding Company

Current Employee - Medical Receptionist in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Medical Receptionist in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at KMH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy working at KMH. It is very a TEAM Orientated, sophisticated and extremely organized Company. Their “home-made” system is user-friendly. The scheduling is very fair-full time, with the flexibility to obtain more hours by working extra days. An additional benefit to working at KMH is Health Benefits- which many companies do not offer.

Cons

Communication with Management-not often can be challenging do to the high demand for their time through different departments, but is rewarding when they are available. A disadvantage working at KMH us having to cover a sick call at another location, but this does not often occur.

Would suggest being better aware of your internal surroundings

Organized and efficient company, learn't the hard way that grass is not always greener on the other side

Current Employee - Receptionist in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at KMH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company has a paperless work environment, has organized and efficient processes in place with well documented policies and procedures. I had left the company for another job I thought would be better. After a few weeks of doing everything on paper and dealing with the disorganization and chaos of my new employment, I asked KMH if I could have my old job back and they re-hired me. They told me I was a valued member of the KMH team and they welcomed me back. I will never leave KMH.

Cons

Travel to other locations is required at times to fill in for staff calling in sick.

Increased communication with staff regarding company plans

Oct 14, 2014President & CEO

Thank you and it is good to have you back at KMH

Recognizes hard work and dedication by promoting staff from within the company

Current Employee - Technical Director of Imaging in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Technical Director of Imaging in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at KMH full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company provides opportunities for staff to work their way up to management level. I started as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist, then promoted to Charge Technologist and am now the Technical Director of Imaging overseeing all technologists.

Cons

Work-Life balance is not always possible at the management level due to the exponential growth in the last 2 years.

Allow more freedom in decision making to managers

Oct 14, 2014President & CEO

KMH philosophy is to promote from within whenever possible. Thank you for this post.

Great company to work for with room for growth within the company

Current Employee - Resource Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Resource Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at KMH full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

People are great to work with, teamwork is encouraged, workflow is organized and efficient. The leadership and the staff are committed to the vision and mission of high quality service and excellence in patient care.
    KMH supports their staff by providing access to all their doctors which is a great service when family members need help & care. KMH goes above and beyond being an employer when it comes to your own personal family situations. KMH supported me in many ways when I was in a very tough family situation. KMH provided me with their own resources & supported me the entire time which ultimately saved me and my family from a nightmare . The president even took her own time and stood right by me during this time. I am forever grateful and will never forget the impact that KMH had on my personal life. Loyalty is rewarded

Cons

You have to know how to deal with patients who are anxious and worried about their health.

Keep up with the open door policy