KMS Solutions Reviews

3.5

KMS Solutions CEO Gail Urso
Gail Urso

KMS Solutions Is A Phenomenal Company!!!

Current Employee - SME II Facilitator in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - SME II Facilitator in Washington, DC

I have been working at KMS Solutions as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Close knit company with much interaction from Senior Executives without feeling micromanaged. They offer great benefits and 401k. They also support of continuing education and professional growth through a tuition reimbursement program. My co-workers feel more like family and we work hard, cohesively, to provide the client with above and beyond service. I was unemployed for almost 6mos after retiring from the Navy. I had to take a job that I didn't like in order to make ends meet. Thanks to KMS who actually took time to read my resume, I have a job that I love and enjoy going to every day.

Cons

I have no Cons! When I read previous reviews about problems with the PTO I can only reply in one manner. Everything is in black in white before you sign that offer. I guess 20yrs of being in the military teaches you to actually read what you are signing before you do so.

Really I have no advice except maybe to expand the company nationally from East to West Coast. Possibly creating openings in other areas like California. And to continue in providing phenomenal service to your internal customers as well as external as you have been.

A GREAT PLACE TO WORK

Current Employee - Human Resources Advisor and Manager in Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Human Resources Advisor and Manager in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at KMS Solutions full-time

Pros

Not only does the company share the cost of my health & dental premiums, but they cover the yearly deductible by depositing $100 into my HSA every month, and it's great insurance. You are given 3 plan options to suit your personal needs; you don't have to pick the one with a $5000 deductible.

As far as the PTO, you are told that you get 22 days per year, and that 10 of those are holidays; you're still left with 12 business days (2 weeks + 2 days) off each year, and you don't have to wait 1-year to begin accruing. This is written in your offer letter and you're given a benefit summary of all benefits BEFORE employment begins; if you don't understand it just ask before you accept employment. None of that is hidden.

Cons

Don't really know of any. EVERY employee since I've been here has received an annual bonus and many an annual increase in salary, even in this economy.

Continue to encourage employees to take advantage of the tuition reimbursement program, it has allowed me to afford college and gain certifications that may have financially discouraged me if the program didn't exist.

Excellent company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Instructor in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Instructor in Washington, DC

I have been working at KMS Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is great, the small close knit team culture with most of the staff members bringing over 20 years of experience to their field. the leadership is collaborative and supportive. I have and will continue to recommend KMS Solutions to my current and former colleagues as an excellent employer.

Cons

I have no Cons, KMS has been extremely supportive of my personal and professional growth.

Continue to grow the KMS Solutions brand and expand upward mobility for those who strive for it.

Horrible Company

I worked at KMS Solutions full-time

Pros

- Paycheck

- Great, talented, down to earth, honest employees

Cons

- All the other reviews of this company cannot be more truthful.

- They do not pay for holidays. You must use your OWN Paid Time Off.

- The insurance benefits they provide are a joke. You have a $5,000 deductible every year and the month by month cost is overly expensive.

-They are not upfront and truthful about their horrible benefits package. They do not provide details about it before you are in the door. They slip the “paid time off can be used for personal leave, sick leave, HOLIDAYS, etc.” inconspicuously in your offer letter. It is very deceiving.

- Poorly run company, horrible business plan and upper management (Sr. execs) is lacking. If you do not like to be micromanaged, then this company is not for you. If you want to provide new business or operational ideas and proposition, this company is not for you. Providing new insight and ideas is strictly forbidden.

- They are very quick to lay their employees off. And if you do get laid off, they are very quick to dispute your claim for unemployment compensation.

- Upper management does not respect their employees, who are very talented individuals and assets. They do not utilize the talent and knowledge of their existing employees.

- Lack of ethics with upper management.

- They do not create REAL business partnerships.

- At the end of the day, the clarity is that they will lie to you.

Mar 29, 2014President

The writer has grossly misrepresented the facts.

... More

Try somewhere else unless you are desperate.

Former Employee - Consultant in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Alexandria, VA

I worked at KMS Solutions

Pros

Paycheck
    They try to get good people

Cons

What they don't tell you is that holidays are treated as time off. So if they say 20 days a year, expect that 11 of those days are actually holidays. If you come to the company in October, that means that in February you will be greatly in the hold on PTO. They know what they are doing, but if they were honest about it, you wouldn't work for them. It's pretty sneaky, because you don't know what's happening until you are in the door. At that point, what do you do? Do you leave the new job?

The company is run supposedly by a woman, but she is a figurehead for the COO, a reservist officer. He brings in other officers who have impressed him. The reason the company is successful at all is because of an overseas linguist base (which will disappear with drawdown). It's because of a single good move, not because the company has any strategy for success. They set up an office in Florida, but I don't think it has enough business to keep itself going; they moved into a residence down there, and probably took all the moving expenses off as business related. It just seems like a scam--at the employees expense. We deserve more commitment and attention than we get.

Offer honest and real benefits. Try to actually run the company, instead of acting like this is your hobby.

Mar 29, 2014President

The writer has grossly misrepresented the facts. KMS does have a defense industry standard paid time off policy that is fully disclosed and explained in the second paragraph of their offer letters as ... More

Incompetent Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I worked at KMS Solutions

Pros

If you don't want to do much are not ambitious and don't expect a promotion yet still get paid but be uncertain about your future this company is for you. Comprised mostly by retired or ex-military

Cons

The benefits are really a dog and pony show. When they want you they tell you that there are benefits. If fact what you get is 22PTO of which you have to use 10 days of your earned PTO for holidays. The 401 is a discretionary contributing based on profit which is of course a well-guarded secret and what is issued is minimal. The medical is disastrous with a 5,000 deductible. They just recently laid off 7 people. Those who stayed are for the most part wrong for the job.

Mar 29, 2014President

Standard experiance for Defense industry companies.

I have been working at KMS Solutions

Pros

Benefits and relationships with customer

Cons

salary and Sr Management interface

KMS Solutions Photos