KNACKTEK

Updated January 7, 2015
Updated January 7, 2015
3.2

CEO

Great Opportunity with Training!

I have been working at KNACKTEK

Pros

Training/Development is more personal driven, I would compare this to taking a course online versus in class. The office culture is great with multiple resources to help in development or understanding of various topics and team driven environment. Compensation is great for an entry level position

Cons

Cons: Insurance could be better to include all types’ i.e. medical, vision, and dental. Funds for relocation could better depending upon placement location.

Consider setting up a structure for relocation based on relocation area. A little more hands on training would be nice, but all in all great opportunity if you are willing to work hard

“Lots of opportunity, interesting projects, smart, motivated people ”

Current Employee - Sharepoint Developer in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Sharepoint Developer in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at KNACKTEK full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-Work with insanely intelligent people
    -Very balanced work and home life
    -Field is mostly taken care of and compensated well

One of the best things about Knacktek is that you are working with smart, motivated people all the time. You will find great challenges and be inspired by your peers on a daily basis. I'm always growing and learning. This can be untrue in certain teams, but in general I've found this to be true for most of the teams I've worked with.

Loads of opportunity to try new things. I've worked on many different products and gained experience in multiple roles. You can truly change your career while staying in the comfort of the same company.

Cons

Add to that the decreasing benefits coverage, increased cost of benefits, mandatory vacation policies.

Always keep an eye out for your employees.

KnackTek helped me in building a successful career at right time

Current Employee - Senior .NET Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior .NET Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at KNACKTEK full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Management that encourages a lot.
    - Financial Support in crucial times
    - Healthy office environment
    - Provides good training in new technologies.
    - Very strong in Sharepoint , Business Analyst and QA training and placements.

Cons

- Payrolls could be even more satisfactory

- Improve the pace at which placements are being made
    - Try to master other Advanced technologies also

Awesome Experience!!!

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at KNACKTEK (more than a year)

Pros

I have had nothing but a pleasant experience with KNACKTEK. The Staff is full of great people who are there to help you. They provide positive support while working hard to make sure you are successful. KNACKTEK gives you the tools to succeed!

Cons

KNACKTEK gives you a fantastic opportunity! Two things you can expect from them is a great attitude & 100% effort. All they ask in return is that you too have a great attitude and that you give it your best.

Keep instilling great values in to your employees and there is nothing but success in your future.

GREAT COMPANY, OUTSTANDING STAFF, AND A FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY!

I have been working at KNACKTEK full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You should choose KNACKTEK if you are willing to work hard and are interested in giving as much as you receive. The firm is about building both people and communities.There is a great support network of People to help you succeed. Be ready to reach out and connect to get the most out of the experience. If you are ready to embrace a fast-paced, collaborative environment with people who will work harder for you as you will for yourself. It will be a great fit for you.

Cons

There is no such thing as a free lunch, you have to be willing to learn and apply yourself. What you put in is what you'll receive. KnackTek offers you 100% and expects you to also give your best. With that said, I wish I had the wisdom to have found KnackTek years ago, because they have forever changed me and my family's life for the better.

Do not lose the focus you have in individual's growth and success before the company's, as so many other companies have done. Thank You

Great Company, Outstanding Staff and Fantastic Opportunity!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at KNACKTEK full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You should choose KnackTek if you are willing to work hard and if you really are interested in giving as much as you get. The firm is about building both people and communities. There is a great support network and you need to be ready to reach out and connect to get the most out of the Opportunity. If you are ready to embrace a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a group of people who work harder for you as you would for yourself. KnackTek will be a great fit for you. Thank You!

Cons

There is no such thing as a "free Lunch", you have to be willing to work hard. You will only get out, what you put in. With that said, KnackTek gives you more than a 100%, and they do expect you to give your best also.

Do not lose focus and attention to individuals as KnackTek grows and keep helping and continue changing people's lives for the better.

IT Business Objects Analyst

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at KNACKTEK as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

This nothing but a big scam and a waste of time.

Cons

Deceives candidates, offers no paid training and locks employees into a 2 year contract. Scams other businesses to hire their employees, this is a worthless Tech so called recruiting company. Most employees don't have the 10 year experience to be a Business Analyst and they lie on resumes and send to other businesses needing analyst. One big scam.

Why not pay your employees, all book training and no practical application. This company is a waste of time and useless. Offer a paid training program and not lock people into a contract so they not try to get another job. Scumbag company.

Terrible and Disappointing

Former Employee - Business Analyst
    Former Employee - Business Analyst

I worked at KNACKTEK full-time

Pros

Nothing really positive to say. The staff was usually very friendly and nice. They were also understanding about life events that would come up.

Cons

Where do I begin? The "intensive" training program that lasts between 6-10 weeks depending on what position you go for is unpaid and isn't really intensive like they claim. Most all of the training material they expect you to study and know is sent to you through e-mail and it's material that you could find on your own if you really wanted to learn the position.

The online training instructor and the in office instructor are two different people and it's easy to notice that they would contradict the information given by the other. When we would ask for examples in class, we were told to Google an example because they didn't have any to give us. Also, the in office instructor is NOT really an instructor. He's an employee of the company that is awaiting placement. There were also days they were schedule us for in office training and when our class got there, the 3 hours we were there was wasted. The example projects that were given to complete and turn in, were never checked so you don't know if you're doing things right or wrong. For a company that claims to have been in business as long as they have, their training program certainly does not reflect it.

After training is complete they further surprise you by giving you your new resume that they will be submitting on your behalf. The problem is it's a completely fraudulent resume that reflects work experience (5-8 years) and knowledge that you clearly don't have. They expect you to learn your fraudulent resume so that you can accurately lie about it when companies call to interview you about it.

I could continue with the negative assessment but hopefully by now, you get the point. This company is a bad company to work for.

Start off by starting over. Develop a real training program with real instructors. Have your own material available to use as examples when questions are brought up in class. Saying "find an example on Google" does NOT cut it and is not professional. Stop the lying and illegal act of trying to pawn off fraudulent resumes on your employees and unsuspecting employers.

pleasant experience

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at KNACKTEK as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

average pay for employees, training for 10 week tedious.

Cons

no time off for employees

pay increase

not what it seems

Former Employee - Intensive Training Program in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Intensive Training Program in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at KNACKTEK full-time (less than a year)

Pros

friendly people but that's about it

Cons

positions are based on your submitting a fraudulent resume for positions that you are not qualified for. i went through the unpaid training program for 6+ months and in the end, knacktek was unable to get me placed at a project. you pretty much study to pass interviews while lying about your skills and experience.

don't take advantage of recent college grads..