KNF&T Reviews

Updated May 9, 2014
Updated May 9, 2014
3.5

Beth Tucker

Great, Boston-based, women owned business.

Former Employee - Senior Staffing Consultant in Westborough, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Staffing Consultant in Westborough, MA

I worked at KNF&T full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Excellent work-life balance. Easy to work remotely during poor weather. Fair compensation for work performed. Channels of communication to all levels management open and easily accessible.

Cons

Satellite office somewhat neglected. Boston office is primary office, and satellite office is often overlooked, although, it has the same needs and requirements as Boston. The actual location is older and run down. It does not represent the professional organization that KNF&T, and leaves something to be desired for both employees and candidates.

Offer the same level of service and attention to both employees and clients in all areas serviced. Training and development offerings can be increased to provide opportunities for certifications and designations.

They deliver results.

Former Employee - Temp in Westborough, MA
    Former Employee - Temp in Westborough, MA

I worked at KNF&T full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Personalized career search assistance offered.

Cons

Takes time to match skills with positions

Reply to communications

If hell was on Earth, it would probably look a little something like this.

Former Employee - Staffing Consultant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Staffing Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at KNF&T

Pros

To be honest, this would probably be a good place for a person who is a recent college grad or 2-3 years out of school. Reason being is that this place is so off the wall that it builds you up to literally handle any type of recruiting environment you're in for the rest of your career. The actual infrastructure of the company is fine (which is actually typical: temp and perm departments, everyone is working together yet competing at the same time kinda thing), but the management sucks. more on that later.

Despite all this, the people that work there are actually awesome. I really enjoy them because we were all good people who cared about each other and supported each other all the time. You know who are.

Cons

The management is horrible. Horrible in the sense that it constantly underappreciates, undermines, discreetly/indiscreetly patronizes its own workforce, AND there's no money to make there!

I'm sorry but the compensation structure (draw against commission) sucks, you won't make anything because your always trying to cover your draw especially here. It would work if you were in dealing with IT/Tech people or higher level finance professionals but not with Admins. You'll get an EA at 90-120K but thats once in a blue moon.

Get it together and treat your employees better. They deserve it.

Quick, Efficient and Friendly

Current Employee - Temp to Hire in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Temp to Hire in Boston, MA

I have been working at KNF&T

Pros

Everyone I worked with at KNF&T was efficient and friendly, a rare find in the world of employment agencies! Great office location!

Cons

I would not reccomend KNF&T if you are not flexible with where you want to work or what kind of work you would be willing to do.

Staffing agency

Former Employee - Temp in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Temp in Boston, MA

I worked at KNF&T

Pros

They certainly fulfilled the task of finding temporary employment for me in a quick fashion, and they were very positive about the prospects during the interview.

Cons

It's in their interests to place you anywhere they can, especially someplace where you can toil away without advancement prospects so they'll continually take a cut of your weekly paycheck. Did not place me in a position at all related to my career interests. Were not responsive about my continuing inquiries into newer placements more in line with my interests.

Need to be more responsive to the goals of the temps. Some will obviously be content to be placed and work there forever. Others who are obviously overqualified for their temp placement should probably be candidates for newer more appropriate and more challenging placements.