KONE Reviews

Reset

1. Innovative Leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lis, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lis, IL

I worked at KONE (More than 3 years)

Pros

Commitment to innovation, employee development, excellent benefits

Cons

At the time, certain administrative aspects were burdensome which limited sales representatives face time with customers

Advice to Management

Exceptional company with an exceptional strategy that delivers great products and services to its customers - do not change anything.

2. Awesome and amazing place to work

Current Employee - Assistant Manager-Sales in India, MS
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager-Sales in India, MS

Pros

Great place to work. Supportive staff, great team to work with and excellent employee engagement.

Cons

Relocation is a must for career growth.............Need to travel a lot

Advice to Management

You guys are doing excellent, take care of employees always like you do!!!

Senior Sales Engineer

Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Sacramento, CA

I worked at KONE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture. Freedom. Client facing.

Cons

Most jobs are located at Branch Level. To move up, you must be willing to relocated.

5. Friendly work environment

I have been working at KONE full-time

Pros

Able to bring new ideas to the table. A challenging environment for someone looking not to do the same task(s) day in and day out.

Cons

Opportunity for promotion is limited. Many spreadsheets which can be taken as micromanagement, however many spreadsheets are relevant for knowing financials and non-financials.

Advice to Management

Take care of your people and don't forget to recognize each and everyone of there employees. In addition, make all employees aware of the big picture so they know what goals to strive for.

6. Great company to work for as long as you're able to get excited about elevators!

Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I worked at KONE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Innovative and committed to training it's people.

Cons

Incentive program constantly changing, quite bureaucratic.

Advice to Management

Don't be so risk averse!

7. Very dynamic and a good place to work.

I have been working at KONE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall the company provides good benefits for the employees, competitive wages and tries hard to promote a best place to work. The company has a very solid Strategic Planning, uses a very disciplined approach and has little to no political atmosphere in a Global level. Senior Management very professional and capable; good group to work for and to work with.

Cons

The company is segmented into two large groups, called Front Line and Supply Line, where Front Line generally speaking refers to Sales / Marketing / Equipment Installation and Service; while Supply Line is Engineering / Manufacturing / Operations. There is a clear divide between the two groups with consistent tension; almost like a poor supplier - customer relationship. Pressure for cost reduction is much heavier in the Supply Line.

Advice to Management

Invest in its personnel by increasing benefits associated with Education, such as tuition reimbursement. Current policy is negligent. Apply the same principles of cost reduction and increased competitiveness to both sides of the business.

8. Great company, depending on local mgmt.

Current Employee - Installation Superintendent in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Installation Superintendent in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at KONE full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been treated fairly, given opportunities to advance, and compensated above industry standard. I believe the products we offer are some of the best in the business. I can't see myself working for any other company.

Cons

Spread to thin, you will be asked to go above and beyond you job description. Local mgmt will dictate the success of the office.

Advice to Management

Company is moving in the right direction, UP. Safety is a priority, we need more support in operations. Training needs to be mandatory for all positions including field technicians.

9. Good company, with a good future, in a challenged industry.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Omaha, NE

I have been working at KONE full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company is family owned so it tends to take a longer view on strategies and implementation. But, that is not to say that shorter term business metrics and performance are not important or pressed. The company is generally very cooperative (from an assistance and working together perspective) across business lines, and has made significant investments in tools, tracking, and field implementation. The industry is a difficult one, with rising costs and flat or declining revenues. But, as compared to the other big 3 companies, KONE has tended to hold its investment in its people, products, and innovation. Lots of career advancement potential, nationally and internationally, without the need to have an MBA. The only company I have worked for that annually surveys it's employees and shares the feedback openly with all. The company has some good employee centric policies and benefits. The only elevator firm with a defined benefit pension plan on top of a matching 401k.

Cons

Mostly industry driven, due to revenue deterioration amid cost increases. The entire industry is killing itself with pricing models. This forces frequent changes, re-organizations, and rotating areas of focus. KONE suffers from the 2-3 year plan of major revamping of areas, management, etc. I often wonder if top management talks to each other when setting annual strategic goals and plans. Each business line rolls out 4 or more strategic annual "must win battles", which are impossible to focus on for middle management and the front lines. This company is a heavy process driven firm, with many unnecessary steps, hand offs, and levels of approval, which delay customer delivery and suck many hours away from productive pursuits.

Advice to Management

Continue to foster an employee centric culture. Set fewer "must win battles" in each business line, but focus harder on those few that are selected. Streamline processes to improve productivity. Why on earth do I need to fill out a form, send it to India, so they can update the client account? Last I checked, I have a keyboard at my office.

Your employment experience will vary on which department you work in.

Former Employee - Legal Associate in Moline, IL
    Former Employee - Legal Associate in Moline, IL

I worked at KONE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation is typically more than what you will ask for. Sick time and vacation time is generous as well as personal day. Good benefits and yearly health evaluation (at Headquarters)

Cons

I worked in their law department. My supervisor had favorites that she would let "slide" time off, lateness, long lunches and over used sick time. Others (me) were held to tougher standards or were not allowed any slack at all. It was well known that if this supervisor didn't like you she would find a way to get you to quit or eliminate your position. Which is what happened to me - my position was "eliminated."

Advice to Management

Training for this position lasted about one week and was not comprehensive of the job I was expected to perform. I wished to move on to more legal type duties, my supervisor wanted me to become more of a computer aficionado. I my position was more comprised of data entry than legal duties.

11. Always reorganizing

Former Employee - District Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - District Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at KONE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, very supportive, team based.

Cons

Limited product selection versus competition.

RSS Feed </> Embed