KPMG

Updated Mar 24, 2014

KPMG Chairman & CEO John B. Veihmeyer

John B. Veihmeyer

21 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Quite nice working atmospehere, with demanding job profile

Risk Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at KPMG

ProsHuge network and big possibilities to increase your working experience. Definitely not a nine to six job.

ConsLow wages, lot of business travelling

Ok place to work

Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at KPMG

ProsOne positive thing is that you have reasonable working hours. People are from what I have experienced and heard from friends very nice all over the place.

ConsWork in Audit financial services often boring as a junior person. The HR team is very inflexible. Happened to me in several occasions. Not possible to from Audit to Advisory.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake KPMG seem more like one company. Provide better training and better motivation for lower level people. Less advertising. It is all over the place and people start thinking it is too much.

Good

Audit Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at KPMG

ProsYou learn a lot and get insights

ConsA lot of work, sometimes uninteresting

Advice to Senior ManagementClear communication

Good experience but little customer contact

Intern, IT Advisory (Current Employee)

I have been working at KPMG

ProsGood office atmosphere, even as an intern communication with Senior Management is on a first name basis. Internship gives the opportunity to be involved in multiple projects and experience a large variety of work. Very good salary package.

ConsAt the interview, the internship was described as being fully involved in a project team. In reality, I found that I was only supporting the project team from the office, since the company didn't want to pay the travel/hotel expenses for an intern to participate in on-site activities. This is most likely different, in the Audit functions, but unfortunately this is how I experienced it in IT Advisory.

The complex administration structure limits the possibilities of employees a lot with respect to their IT needs. Every special issue needs seperate approvel, which takes ages to get.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt surely is hard to have a more flexibel administration in such a large company. But giving at least your IT pros some more freedom in what they do would be highly desirable.

Ok for the first years to learn

Senior Auditor (Former Employee)

I worked at KPMG

Pros- You'll learn a lot
- Young staff / Nice atmosphere
- Good for your CV
- Good professional education

Cons- You'll work a lot (min 50-60hrs)
- You'll earn a lot less than working within the industry
- Your bonus will be small

Advice to Senior ManagementPartners should care a lot more about what the little auditor is thinking about KPMG and its ideas. But nobodys listening

Manager

Manager (Current Employee)
Berlin (Germany)

I have been working at KPMG

Prosinternational network interesting projects bonus

Constoo hierarchical insufficient knowledge sharing

Advice to Senior Managementimprove employee bonding
knowledge sharing

KPMG Frankfurt - Audit Financial Services

Audit Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at KPMG

ProsGreat carrer opportunities through a strong global presence of KPMG firms allaround the globe. Challenging tasks with alot of learning potential.

ConsWork load varies significantly throughout the year. Hence resulting in long working hours during the busy season from October to March and times with less or even without any disposition in the summer.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe received compensation should more frequently be adjusted according to the employee's years of work experience. In drastic cases collegues with 3 years of experience earn only as little as 5% more the newly hired college gradutes.

KPMG - Great place to start

Tax Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at KPMG

ProsThe persoal development opportunities in KPMG are great. Its the perfect place to start off your career. The development programm is well organized and you can focus on your personal development. Also the young enviroment is great and you get to know people from all over Europe and the world. Also you work on the "big case". You consult large companies, which gives the job an extra attractiveness.

ConsIf you are not fitting in a 100% you wont make partner. You have to know this early enoght to decide where to go from there. But the chances to change are great.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more responsibility for your direct employees.

Part-time Experience at KPMG ITA in Munich

Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at KPMG

ProsMulti-cultural work force, communication is easy between colleagues as well as with leaders. Working in a leading accounting firm like KPMG provides one quick access to large pool of resources and up to date info if one really want to develope himself in fields like tax, accounting and accounting-related advisory. Besides, KPMG has an especially strong presence in Germany, compared to other countries, and after the merger with KPMG UK, the future of the company seems to be quite bright.

ConsThe company is big, so inevitably sometimes a bit chaotic in terms of employee training, performance review etc. Get use to that and you will be just fine. Small interest groups can be found in each department. And last but not least, the work there is not very exciting, most time just routine work, even in the advisory department.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore attention to employee development

KPMG is a great opportunity

Audit Assistant (Former Employee)
Garching bei München (Germany)

I worked at KPMG

ProsThe best reasons to work for KPMG are the reputation of the firm and also the working fields. The atmosphere between the colleagues is very good and marked by openness, appreciation and helpfulness. This also supports an efficient knowledge flow between the employess and facilitates a good team spirit. The equipment and also the support centers make support a working environment which makes it easier for the fulfillment of tasks.

ConsA downside of working at KPMG is the work time per week, sometimes up to 70hrs a week which has a negative impact on the work-life balance especially during peak seasons in the audit field.

Advice to Senior Managementno idea

Worked for KPMG? Contribute to the Community!

KPMG Videos

KPMG – Why Work for Us?

Careers with KPMG From career development to global opportunities, KPMG helps connect you to a variety of ways to build the career you've always wanted. You've worked hard. You've planned well. You've developed your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KPMG reviews and ratings in Germany — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for KPMG CEO John B. Veihmeyer . All 21 reviews posted anonymously by KPMG employees.