KPMG Reviews

• New York City, NY Area
  • Any Status
Employment Status

Reset

Law breaking & duscriminating firm - don't work for them!

Former Employee - National Support Center Analyst in Montvale, NJ
    Former Employee - National Support Center Analyst in Montvale, NJ

Pros

NONE AT ALL THEY BREAK LAWS THAT DO NOT SUIT THEM AT WILL AND DISCRIMINATE AGAINST WOMEN AND BLACKS AND PUNISH PEOPLE THAT CALL OUT SICK BY ISSUING DISCIPLENARY WRITE UPS TO THEM.

Cons

I actually worked for this firm in their Montvale, NJ location for approximately two years from 2006 until 2008 when I was wrongfully discharged. The reason they wrongfully discharge me was they fabricated something against me because chose to fight the illegal dependability policy in place on their national support center computer help desk operation. The policy is one where they will write you up for calling out sick no matter what The reason happens to be. For example having a heart attack schedule it for your scheduled day off having a premature baby schedule it for your day off. I wound up admitted to hospital through an emergency room and when I called out sick and afterwords return to work I received a disciplinary wright up. A A woman I worked with had to leave her position on an emergency call she received reporting that her daughter was injured with a broken bone and needed to go to an emergency room the end result the company wrote her up. There was a lawsuit in which I participated with others that were discriminated against for being black for being a woman or in the case of the woman on the suit with me it was both. The reporting systems didn't work in our group and the managers were free to place people anywhere on the rankings and ratings for performance that they chose to and the Women were always at the bottom of the list. There was also an additional lawsuit from a highly placed saleswoman for their services that was told what do you need the money for you have a nice engagement ring when her salary was reduced. The statements I have made here are all verifiably true and you can find the PDF documents on the web for the lawsuits. Do yourself a favor do not work for this company they believe that their crap does not stink and they are entitled to break laws that do not suit their purposes or needs and they believe where KPMG we are so large we dare you to sue us and see how far you get. This actually happens to sadly be true because unless you can get a lot for me to take your case you were going to lose because solo practicing lawyers are not strong enough or capable enough to go up against the company the sides of KPMG but this does not make them any less deserving of being sued or having their fax be revealed that their crap don't stink and they do break laws. I reported everything internally as per policy and every which way that being two managers to human resources to ethics and compliance and even to the office of General Counsel everyone shined us on claim to investigate and in the end was proven to have never investigated anything or lifted a finger to even attempt to investigate the issues at all. There have been other legal issues that you can also read about on the web to document how they break laws it will. In short do yourself a solid favor and never work for this lawbreaking criminal enterprise that believes they are so large they are above the law that believe they are so well-connected that they are above the law and believe that they have a right to break any law that does not suit them. Final reminder I selected the final work year of 2011 on this form because it would not go back any further but in fact I worked for them from 2006 until 2008.

Advice to Management

Get both a conscience a backbone and some ethics and stop rubberstamping illegal lawbreaking policies and this is aimed at including their ethics and compliance team and their office of General Counsel and HR because they have all intentionally lied claiming that they were investigating something that is illegal but turned a blind eye and refuse to investigate completely. Your lawbreakers you have no conscience you have no soul you have no ethics and you need to get them.

2. Eye opening experience!

Former Contractor - Helpdesk in Montvale, NJ
    Former Contractor - Helpdesk in Montvale, NJ

I worked at KPMG as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the smartest people you could ever work with, diligent, and highly trained, and experienced people who know what they're doing.

Cons

None at this time, however, their hiring process was a bit tedious.

Very disappointing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at KPMG (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits, spend a lot on promoting themselves but does bot reveal true atmosphere. Looks impressive on resume but not what you expect.

Cons

Very poor technology department and you are blamed for the faulty equipment and failure to fix it promptly. Berated and tormented in an attempt to get you to quit. I have over twenty years experience and never expected to be called to managers weekly for a bad review when I refused their package. They keep bad employees on tenure. I even had a rat run out of the office space. The worst experience I have ever had. They swallow up companies and dismiss people with no regard to professionalism or integrity. Shocking experience.

Advice to Management

Stop looking to form a culture where unprofessional behavior is merited and look for real professional. Polish is important and pick better managers instead of rewarding bad ones. They all receive bonus despite terrible skills. A real morale breaker.

5. Good learning but low compensation

Former Employee - Audit Senior Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Audit Senior Associate in New York, NY

I worked at KPMG (More than a year)

Pros

The leaning experience is fantastic

Cons

Compensation is not as good as it should be

Advisory Senior Associate

Current Employee - Management Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Management Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at KPMG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, 25 days of PTO.

Cons

Too long to be vested for 401k and pension (5 years). As an associate or senior associate you have very little say in what and where you will be working. I hate the limited freedom and lack of communication sometimes.

Advice to Management

Treat your staff like they have a say in their career path and projects they work on. You really need to respect a life/ work balance to have employees that are happy, healthy and ready to work. Most of your people are highly intelligent, adaptable and willing to put in 110%. However, some projects simply do not respect that staff need time at home to recharge (and repack). Four days a week at client site is already an effort; making people stay five days is against the conditions we signed up for. There is a way to strike a balance between meeting all of client's needs and making sure that you take care of your people.

7. Audit

Former Employee - Audit Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Audit Manager in New York, NY

I worked at KPMG full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

For an accounting professional, having Big 4 experience can open up wealth of career opportunities. KPMG is one of the most recognizable name in financial services. Many employers value people with Big 4 experience. At KPMG, employees are able to work with very smart and driven individuals. The firm also provides regular training to keep staff up to date with latest industry developments. Staff are trained to hit the ground running fast and be self-motivated.

Cons

Typical Big 4 long hours and competing priorities. Experience can differ drastically depending on the engagement teams being assigned to.

8. Tax Associate

Current Employee - Tax Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Tax Associate in New York, NY

Pros

Lots of learning opportunity for beginers

Cons

Busy during tax season as always

Associate

Current Employee - Associate - Data & Analytics in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate - Data & Analytics in New York, NY

I have been working at KPMG (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment to work and a great team

Cons

No cons as such observed

Advice to Management

Great work culture and great senior management

10. EVS

Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at KPMG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the benefits are amazing and the culture is high performance. Its the best experience that you can get in the field

Cons

The hours are crazy and some times people treat you like human garbage. Busy season you have no life and it gets crazy anytime

Advice to Management

I think they should make sure there ppl are happy and that the managers are doing their job. some managers don't do anything, some do too much, it doesn't make sense.

11. KPMG is a decent company, but be prepared to work crazy hours.

Current Employee - Manager in Montvale, NJ
    Current Employee - Manager in Montvale, NJ

I have been working at KPMG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are good people, the pay and benefits are competitive, and there are ample opportunities to engage in corporate-sponsored community service.

Cons

Extremely limited flexibility for taking time off, at least in some groups. Pressure by middle management means that family often takes a backseat to work. If you are a single parent with a child in school or daycare, then this may not be the company for you.

Advice to Management

The company claims to be family-friendly, but the reality is much different. Help to shift perceptions and create an environment where responsible employees can be granted the time and flexibility to handle family matters, with the understanding that they will still meet their job requirements at a high level.

Showing 434 of 4,928 reviews