KPMG US

KPMG US Reviews in Houston, TX

Updated May 31, 2014

KPMG US Chairman & CEO John B. Veihmeyer

John B. Veihmeyer

Pros
  • Good job security, decent work life balance except during Tax Season, good benefits(in 182 reviews)

• Great place to start work if you want to see a lot of different things(in 90 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is only achieved within the course of a year for those in audit(in 418 reviews)

• Work long hours especially during busy season and political work environment(in 469 reviews)

49 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Company is a soul-sucking industry

Audit Associate (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsKPMG was willing to make a commitment to me long before I graduated. Exposure to big companies was interested. KPMG tries to make spruce up the job with happy hours and busy season gifts. When I left KPMG was really cool about the situation and wished me well. Great place to start work if you want to see a lot of different things.

ConsAverage pay and benefits. Long hours associated with auditing. One of the partners I worked with did not stick up for his team and was often pushed around by the client - forcing us to meet last minute deadlines.

Good place to start

Senior Associate, IT Advisory (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsNetworking opportunities, challenging work, good foundation for business skills etc.

ConsWork life balance, promotion structure.

Good Company

Audit Associate (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat Firm, Many Opportunities, Many different Clients available

ConsTerrible Hours during Year-ends. Some management is a pain to deal with

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter Performance Ratings Process needs to be in place.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great place to build a career

Tax Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe people are great to work with. It is like having a second family. Great flexibility and great management.

ConsIts work. If I won the lottery, I wouldn't work. But if I have to work, then at least I can do it with a company I enjoy.

Great starting position.

Associate (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe people and the experience attained. The trainings are great. The client list is top-notch. People are hard-working smart and highly motivated.

ConsThe work life balance and the tasks performed are terrible. Pay is miniscule compared to the hours worked and industry jobs in the Houston market. Bonuses are non existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your people more and dont treat them like a body but a person.

Great place to build a career (if you're not looking to stay) or start/finish your career. The people here are amazing.

Audit Senior Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsPeople, experience, resources, training, clear advancement path

ConsSalary, long hours, tethered to email, some clients

KPMG is full of good people who are driven to make an impact.

Advisory Director (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood quality all around (people, business model, client base, capabilities / service offerings, and growth opportunities)

ConsSome standard performance goals create a culture of competitiveness where teamwork should be expected.

Developing and maintaining a culture unique to KPMG is difficult given most of our people work at client office locations nearly full-time.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive employees confidence that small sacrifices of individual performance in the name of excellent teaming will be rewarded.

Good company to work for

Senior Associate (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe company has an excellent compensation plan if you are experienced hire.

ConsTheir promotion process seems biased.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork life balance

High performance culture just means we expect you to work like a robot.

Associate (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThere is some flexibility if you have kids and are a manager working there, but if you don't have kids or at manager status you probably won't get this.

ConsThe staff does not get a say in anything and there is a ton of work and not enough people to do it. They expect you to get it done and don't care how. There are some managers there that don't know as much as staff and not a good role model, but somehow are managers. They are not fair when it comes to promotion or pay raise. If you are a favorite there then it might happen for you faster.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the staff's needs or you will have a higher turn over then you do now!

Great place to work with plenty of opportunities to advance with hard work.

Advisory Associate (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsKPMG is a great place to work and has a very competitive benefits package. They reward hard work with career advancement in the form of bonus compensation and promotions.

ConsTravel frequently required
    Frequent after hours work

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!